IGNORED

QLD COVID-19 support thread

Babetty

Just now, RomeoVoid said:

Yes, 3 calls and 2 police checks

I don't get it then, we haven't been contacted at all except for that one phonecall  Day12 and the original emails to my son.

My husband and I had no contact at all.

We knew what we had to do, we made sure our cat pick up and drop off was contactless and everything wiped down but I don't think that should ever be assumed.

Maybe we are on the wrong side of the river?  :)

• Haha 1

JohnnyComeLately
44 minutes ago, purplekitty said:

Maybe we are on the wrong side of the river?  :)

This is probably a bit tongue in cheek, but i guess it would be managed be the local hospital and health services?  So Metro North may be doing things differently from Metro South, for example?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyComeLately said:

This is probably a bit tongue in cheek, but i guess it would be managed be the local hospital and health services?  So Metro North may be doing things differently from Metro South, for example?

Metro North was managing it.

7 locally acquired cases, all linked,  all in home quarantine.  

There are tests positive on day 10, 11 and 12.  Isolating is soooo important and from this internet random, a BIG THANK YOU 🤗

I know the CHO and politicians have been saying this each day but, honestly, it’s all those who have isolated that have prevented this outbreak from spreading.  

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, little lion said:

Great work, west siders! 

Southsiders represent. :)

We are still waiting for our clearance certificate here but Qld. health said this morning the 1430 yesterday time referenced is all we need legally.

Just a heads up for anyone else.

• Like 4

Seven cases in QLD today. One in hotel quarantine, six linked to the Indooroopilly cluster. 

I'm really grateful to everyone who spent two weeks in quarantine to protect the rest of us. I know several families in isolation and some found it really difficult. 

How bad would it be to get a positive result just when you're about to be let out though 😢

• Like 5

ClaudiaCosette

I got my invitation to book my covid vaccine today. I was all excited until I couldn't find any available appointments within 20kms of me. I'm not sure I want to go 50kms to get an appointment, but maybe I will if it's all I can get.

I heard somewhere that you get free parking if you're getting a vaccine? Does anyone know if that's true? Some of the hospitals came up on my list (RBWH, Prince Charles) but if I have to pay for parking, I'd rather go elsewhere (like a community vaccination clinic) but I'm assuming the hospitals may have more availability.

I think the free parking offer is only at the Brisbane Exhibition and Convention Centre mass hub.

My DH found checking every morning for appointments worked to get an earlier appointment because it seemed cancellations and new openings would be released in the morning.  You’d have to be available to attend at short notice.  I think he only had about 30mins to get to his first appointment.

edited to add:

And have you checked local GPs for availability?  I had signed my Dad up via the online registration thing pretty early on.  We heard nothing for ages so I booked him in at a GP as soon as that was available.  He only received his booking invitation the week he was due to get his second dose at the GP.  

Edited by Basil
  • Like 2

Sancti-claws

I too am so very, very grateful to everyone who quarantined (and is still quarantining) - truly awesome work thank you very much.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lunagirl said:

Seven cases in QLD today. One in hotel quarantine, six linked to the Indooroopilly cluster. 

I'm really grateful to everyone who spent two weeks in quarantine to protect the rest of us. I know several families in isolation and some found it really difficult. 

How bad would it be to get a positive result just when you're about to be let out though 😢

When my son went for his Day 12 test I thought about that.

Another 14 days in quarantine if he tested +ve.

They were all wearing masks indoors, perhaps that was effective.Idn if any transmissions occurred.

It will be interesting to see an analysis of where transmissions occurred and the conditions under which it happened.

• Thanks 1

TeaCat: The Convention Centre at Southbank has free parking for vaccinations there. Logan Hospital has free parking. That was a big surprise to me. That might change once they open their new multi-storey car park. Currently the Brisbane City Council isn’t charging for street parking in the inner city due to Covid.  We went to Wickham Terrace on Tuesday and Milton on Friday and metered street parking was free both times. 

The free and close parking was a big reason I chose Rocklea Showgrounds for my and DH’s vaccinations. Way easier and cheaper than hospital parking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddlepop said:

Currently the Brisbane City Council isn’t charging for street parking in the inner city due to Covid.  We went to Wickham Terrace on Tuesday and Milton on Friday and metered street parking was free both times. 

The waiving of parking fee due to covid is only available until Sunday 15 August (tomorrow).  It goes back to normal afterwards. 

Advertisement