As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

So I wonder what name the next royal baby will have? It's Lilibet!

Seayork2002

She drives me nuts. "We want privacy". Next minute "omg, PAY ATTENTION TO ME! Quick, let's announce something to get me back in the headlines".

Ker made my comment more eloquently then I did. It's not hate, it's observing a contradiction in what they say they want and what they actually do. Timing of their announcements seem to be when another royal has made an announcement. Might be coincidence, may be on purpose, I am only commenting on my thoughts.

PurplePaperFrog

They want to say and do things on their own terms, not dictated to by the crown.

Why is that so difficult for people to accept?

Its human nature to want to live your own life, make your own decisions, decide what you want to put out publicly or not, speak out on issues you deem important.

They are still royal- and they can choose when they want to be in the public eye and when they don't. Good for them.

I think the British media has really succeeded in vilifying Meghan- it seems to have caught on everywhere...

They want to say and do things on their own terms, not dictated to by the crown.

Its human nature to want to live your own life, make your own decisions, decide what you want to put out publicly or not, speak out on issues you deem important.

They are still royal- and they can choose when they want to be in the public eye and when they don't. Good for them.

I think the British media has really succeeded in vilifying Meghan- it seems to have caught on everywhere...

So much this!

While I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it really bugs me when people come out with "Well I think xyz" when xyz is verbatim the Harry and Meghan trashing put out by the Herald Sun or some other Murdoch rag of dubious quality, reprinting a story from the English Sun - that's not your opinion, that's just falling for and regurgitating the tabloid spin hook, line and sinker, without any critical thought.

I was in the UK for a few weeks when Princess Diana was young and married to Charles. I think she had William but wasn't yet pregnant with Harry.

Every day the newspapers would have lists of where the royals would be at any given time. Diana was in the papers EVERY SINGLE DAY. She could not step outside her door without hordes of photographers hounding her.

I can easily imagine not wanting that level of public attention.

I think something fairly popular and non Royal, like Ethan, Oliver, Mia, Eve, Lucy. Or maybe for a bit more ‘out there’ Evan, Rueben, Bridie or Daisy. I do wonder too if it may be a Diana.

My 2 cents.

Harry is still 6th in line to the Throne.

It's news worthy.

He's also Dianas son, and younger people might not get the obsession that the general public had with Diana from the moment she became engaged to Charles. And that obsession lives on long after her death.

I wonder if she had lived if she'd be as forgotten as Fergie now, or would she be like Jennifer Anniston - another bitter interview about Camilla every month?

Nah, She would have got married, had a baby girl and named it Mohamed Dodi Al Fayed. Modi as a nickname.

I’m sorry but I just don’t get or understand Meghan. I like Harry and I’m think it’s great that she makes him so happy. As for the baby name it will be something traditional but with a modern twist and nothing to do with the queen. So not Elizabeth or Phillip. Victoria but known as Tori? Alice but known as Allie?

Princess Eugenie my guess is Phillip as she is close to her grandparents and he’s been sick.

She will do this to stay in her grandmothers good book which Harry has dropped out of and Meghan is lucky she’s not in the Tower of London being visited by ghosts of the passed whom dared to question the monarchy

Advertisement