IGNORED

Who's getting the vaccine?

amdirel

3 hours ago, VeritasVinumArte said:

Can you please provide a source other than D Metcalf Twitter who seems to have started this tweet (retweeted by Sutton too), but I can find no news of Hazard actually reporting this. I would LOVE to believe this but yeah.

ETA: just rewatched NSW presser. It is at 17.15mins. I can not believe this hasn’t been picked up in print (eg ABC NewsBlog of Covid)

Anthony Albanese is all over it as you'd expect he would be :)

Doctor’s appt hopefully tomorrow (awaiting confirmation test results are back) to discuss flu shot side effects and what that means re covid vaccine.

I'm really nervous. I anticipate it'll come down to me having to make a personal choice based on my willingness to sit with the risk of either the vax or the virus.

Lorem ipsum

I've been reading along, and am happy to be pfully pfizered as of friday.

Side effects for dose one were a sore arm and fairly strong tiredness.

Just prior to dose 2 my mum told me she heard on the radio a tip to take panadol 2 hours before the vaccine, then just take some more as per their dosing rec for the next day or so. ( so 4 -6 hours later* NB I'm not a doctor! )

Side effects for dose 2 were less sore arm and only mild fatigue for a few hours

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lorem ipsum: Generally pain relief before and soon after a vaccination isn't recommended because it can result in a less effective immune response to the vaccine. I know that when my 11yo DD was a baby and toddler I was always told to withhold pain relief for as long as possible for the first day or two after vaccination and only give it if DD really needed it. Might be best for people to double check with their GP or some other medical person about pain relief and its impact on vaccination effectiveness. 

Lorem ipsum
18 minutes ago, Paddlepop said:

Lorem ipsum: Generally pain relief before and soon after a vaccination isn't recommended because it can result in a less effective immune response to the vaccine. I know that when my 11yo DD was a baby and toddler I was always told to withhold pain relief for as long as possible for the first day or two after vaccination and only give it if DD really needed it. Might be best for people to double check with their GP or some other medical person about pain relief and its impact on vaccination effectiveness. 

Oh bugger, never heard that before!

You would think they would advise people not to take it if it was a problem.

In the post survey, it asks if you took pain relief before or after the vaccination.

Anyway, take my experience with a huge grain of salt it seems!

• Like 1

Advertisement