As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

AFL general chat

squeekums-the-elf

14 minutes ago, Dusty said:

It’s glorious weather for the footy, it was a beautiful balmy night last night! We’re currently driving home, after having a delicious lunch on Brighton beach - we could have sat there all day 🥰 we love where we live.

@Bornagirl I’ve upgraded from a Physio to an Osteopath for my sad sack of a back. Are you seeing someone?

I used to see a chiro who worked more like an osteo for specific parts of my back, but haven't seen him for years. I've known this physio for over 15 years and she's amazing - gave me a great report on what she could 'feel' today compared with last week, which fits with what I'm experiencing.  We do very reasonably priced Pilates there too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bornagirl said:

I used to see a chiro who worked more like an osteo for specific parts of my back, but haven't seen him for years. I've known this physio for over 15 years and she's amazing - gave me a great report on what she could 'feel' today compared with last week, which fits with what I'm experiencing.  We do very reasonably priced Pilates there too.

That’s brilliant that you’ve found somebody you can trust, fingers crossed your plane trip isn’t too brutal x

• Thanks 1

Today is the day! After 3 surgeries, and 623 days of recovery and rehab, DS19 is playing a game of football. He didn’t do much pre-season, given he was in Europe for most of it, so they are starting him in the reserves and hoping to have his young body ready for the paid A grade before finals later in the year. He’s still quite fit, as he has been playing basketball in between surgeries, and did roughly 30-50000 steps each day while away. although he did hurt his wrist on an e-bike 🙃

It’s only a trial game, but we are all quite nervous! Last night I realized it’s actually his first game as an adult! 

• Like 5

Woke with relief to the news this morning that Jeremy Howe had a bad arm break rather than his brains scrambled.

I know it was a bad break, but better to be out for a few months (the season?) with that, than suffer the almost certain life long consequences of a bad concussion.

@Bornagirl, it was so scary to watch, wasn't it? On the TV, you could see it was his arm. Both Channel 7 and Fox were respectful (for once!) and didn't play replays. Not a Collingwood fan, but you never want to see any injuries. I was so sad to see him lying there, kicking his legs around in pain. But yes, a bad break, even with pending surgery, is better than a serious concussion. Look at Paul Seedsman for the Crows - out for more than a year so far, and that was from a knock at training! DS19 can't remember a lot of 2021 from his concussion. He swears he was never on sleeping tablets (he was, to wean him of the oxycodone). 

So, DS19 didn't die, or get injured. He played pretty well and they kept him on for 3 quarters straight - it was almost like they were punishing him for being away for pre-season. They let him come off for the 4th quarter, as he was essentially stuffed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lees75 said:

@Bornagirl, it was so scary to watch, wasn't it? On the TV, you could see it was his arm. Both Channel 7 and Fox were respectful (for once!) and didn't play replays. Not a Collingwood fan, but you never want to see any injuries. I was so sad to see him lying there, kicking his legs around in pain. But yes, a bad break, even with pending surgery, is better than a serious concussion. Look at Paul Seedsman for the Crows - out for more than a year so far, and that was from a knock at training! DS19 can't remember a lot of 2021 from his concussion. He swears he was never on sleeping tablets (he was, to wean him of the oxycodone). 

So, DS19 didn't die, or get injured. He played pretty well and they kept him on for 3 quarters straight - it was almost like they were punishing him for being away for pre-season. They let him come off for the 4th quarter, as he was essentially stuffed. 

I suspect I wasn't watching that closely, I didn't actually see him fall, and with his back to the camera and his legs flailing about, I thought it was just the body spasms that you often seen when they're concussed, so was really relieved when I read this morning that it was his arm.

Glad your son made it through his game.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Yes! I was so bummed as I tipped GWS and my friend who is top of our tipping ladder tipped Tigers. I would have gone in to first place,  but instead she is now 2 in front of me. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

17 minutes ago, Saphy said:

Me too! I had the perfect round til then too - correct margin in Fridays match snd 5/5 correct. 

Correct margin for me for the first time ever, I think.  I did pick Adelaide to beat the suns though. 

Dumped our suitcases in out hotel room, about to walk out again, had a quick look at the score and asked him if we could wait four minutes to the end of the game with scores level. Couldn’t believe another three goals were kicked. 

I was the only one in my tipping comp to pick Tigers. Together with accurate call of 17 point margin Friday night I am propelled into 2nd spot!

But Damn you Crows! 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha 1

Advertisement