IGNORED

VIC support thread #4

Jolly_F

2 minutes ago, Mrs Claus said:

Carona!

Lol. Don't worry, we won't call it the 'country vic virus'.

How has your first day out of strict lockdown been, if you've been at work?

ETA: Although I'm not sure if I've missed some sort of joke there about corona with the changed spelling.

Edited by Bornagirl

3 minutes ago, Bornagirl said:

ETA: Although I'm not sure if I've missed some sort of joke there about corona with the changed spelling.

Lol just weird spelling on my behalf trying to get in quickly lol

work wasn’t too bad, no rude customers to me but did have two going at each other that I had to break up. Fun times

• Like 1

magic_marker
7 minutes ago, Bornagirl said:

We have the SA virus and l'm quietly hoping that we have the NSW Delta Virus so we don't cop the blame again.

Just now, MsLaurie said:

What total jerks. Weather’s looking dodgy, I hope they get rained out. 

There is a large police presence attending and they will be throwing the fines at as many as possible.

• Like 5

You could always have a rule that you start a new thread at 100 pages.  That's easy to remember.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, magic_marker said:

We have the SA virus and l'm quietly hoping that we have the NSW Delta Virus so we don't cop the blame again.

Quiet?  That's admirable. :)  I've stated upfront and out loud that it's the NSW virus now.

Zero feeling about it being about NSW people, and especially including the lovely NSW posters who come in to support us.

It's a reaction to the federal politicians.

Can you imagine, for a moment, a Vic quarantine exposure shutting down any other state, and that not being repeatedly mentioned by the Feds?

• Like 6
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

i am so angry that people would go protest vaccinations. 

Today i am feeling very pessimistic about humans in general...

So Melbourne folk, i am day dreaming at the moment. I recently moved (just before covid hit!) into the Whitehorse council area and i still dont really know the area. I am planning my first date lunch or night out of luckdown and am wondering about Warrandyte/ yarra valley area for wineries or nice places to eat. Bonus points if they take kids too but if not i can day dream that i have a babysitter too. Where would one go?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Elfie34 said:

So Melbourne folk, i am day dreaming at the moment. I recently moved (just before covid hit!) into the Whitehorse council area and i still dont really know the area. I am planning my first date lunch or night out of luckdown and am wondering about Warrandyte/ yarra valley area for wineries or nice places to eat. Bonus points if they take kids too but if not i can day dream that i have a babysitter too. Where would one go?

I don't know what is good up there anymore as it has been such a long time but hope someone can help and you have a lovely day.

11 minutes ago, Elfie34 said:

After the previous lockdown, when we were able to go 20k from our home, and places could have sit-down meals, one of the places we went to was Warran Glen Nursery.  Ours was for lunch, and they were fabulous, esp in terms of covid safety.  There's a gift shop for your kids to run riot and give you nightmares, plus a large nursery, and there's a little stream that passes through the gardens between the gift shop and the restaurant.  This isn't an 'exit through the gift shop', it's 'enter through the gift shop'.  I'm sorry, I don't know if it's evening or only lunchtime, but it's a kid friendly eatery.  The idea was to go for walks in Warrandyte to walk off lunch, but the skies opened in a big way so that was the end of that. The lunch was no nice though that we didn't feel badly done by.

We had an underwhelming experience at the Yarra Valley Chocolatierie  though.   Partly because the above place had set such a good standard.  Half the staff had noses sticking out of their mask, or it was around their chin. There was more to it, service was very ordinary etc. Food was average.

It's been too long since I've been to a winery, sorry.

• Like 1

VeritasVinumArte

@Elfie34I love Domaine Chandon and if the weather is good, my kids ran around on the green grass with bubbles etc (unfortunately no balls). We then like Zonzo Estate Winery for lunch as wonderful Italian food plus great woodfire pizzas. They also had outdoor eating so once agin the kids ran around outside while we ate outside.

• Like 2

You can go up the mountain as well when diggers club open their gardens again,  cloud hill in Olinda is lovely the kids can run about the garden and the cafe does a lot of fork to plate stuff.  

• Like 1

magic_marker

The only thing a protest will achieve is having us in lockdown longer.

How selfish can they be? 

• Like 3
  • Crying 1

Stuffed Olive

Warran Glen nursery is great. The Royal Hotel in Warrandyte has a bistro and is just across the road from the river for a walk. I believe they have opened a new play area. (Word of mouth so check with them) 

I'm also feeling seriously disillusioned with humanity at the moment. Tired and wishing everyone would just shut up with their opinions everywhere. Not you lovely people of course and I realise I'm adding to the chorus by posting on here. That's just the kind of hypocrisy my covid lockdown crankiness drives me to 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Stuffed Olive

@STBG 2 not sure I could manage a small drink - I'm afraid I'm a bit of a quaffer!!

As it rained, I went shopping instead of a walk. Local Woolies had QR signs plastered everywhere. There was a staff member checking folks had signed in, at a table with sanitiser and facemasks for those who had forgotten. 

All the customers I saw checked in quite happily, but the staff told me that there are a few every day who refuse to either check in or accept a mask, and make a fuss about it!  

For tomorrow's presser: Is the concept of responsibility a useful one?? 🙄

• Like 4

Advertisement