As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

VIC support thread #4

Jolly_F

9 minutes ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

Both the Victorian who tiki toured through NSW to QLD during lockdown have been fined $ 4k. They didn't get QLD border exemptions, so even if moving, should of done 14 days quarantine.  

I think that's fair. More than the price of quarantine.  

The article I linked said they lied on their border exemptions.  I'm wondering if they attempted to pretend they'd been in NSW for the previous fortnight???

15 minutes ago, Bornagirl said:

The article I linked said they lied on their border exemptions.  I'm wondering if they attempted to pretend they'd been in NSW for the previous fortnight???

Maybe that explains the QR check-in spree 😅

6 hours ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

Both the Victorian who tiki toured through NSW to QLD during lockdown have been fined $ 4k. They didn't get QLD border exemptions, so even if moving, should of done 14 days quarantine.  

I think that's fair. More than the price of quarantine.  

I hope they are forced to pay every last cent of the fines. Shame on them. 🤬

• Like 2

Checked in at the pub in regional Victoria tonight and noticed that the Services Vic app now lets you add dependants. 

Also some police rocked up at the bar doing compliance checks, the lady who works there came to tell our group and to remind us to wear our masks if we got up from the table. But the cops didn't come in to the dining room in the end. 

• Like 3

Well here's an interesting graphic I found on Twitter... how long do you think it will take?  At least 12 months until we get a purpose built Quarantine facility?

image.png.6528b852c1bbe118f1f38b92d4f2ac5c.png

• Sad 2

People who are under 60 who have received their first dose of AstraZeneca are being urged to go back for their second dose, with the risk of developing the rare blood clotting discovered significantly lower for the second dose.

8 hours ago, Ballogo said:

Well here's an interesting graphic I found on Twitter... how long do you think it will take?  At least 12 months until we get a purpose built Quarantine facility?

image.png.6528b852c1bbe118f1f38b92d4f2ac5c.png

Ours could have been all but done had we got the go ahead when we presented a plan months ago. I have so much fury.

• Like 7

And of course these are only the ones discovered.

If someone had a mild infection and didn’t spread it, might never be discovered.

The only case today has been quarantining during their infections period, if this hasn't already been posted.

• Like 3

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Had my first experience of someone telling me not to worry about signing in with the QR codes this morning.

Went to the gym, went to sign in, she said 'oh don't worry about that as long as you've done this one', meaning the one for the gym.

When I protested that I was definitely going to be signing in, and if people didn't then the gym was up for big fines. She said 'but we've got the records here'.  I responded 'yes, 12 hours later, the government has got this information instantly'. I said that if someone had a positive covid test that came back at two in the morning, by the time the government got the info from the gym, all the people from the same class would have gone out to work, or wherever.

I intend to tell the owner when I see her, I know she is keen to make sure everyone signs in.

• Like 1
  • Angry 6

Walked into our local shops again yesterday and watched at least half the people walking straight past the QR.

Inside the centre every place has one, the bigger places have people standing at the door checking what you are doing and my favourite coffee shop made me do it while they watched.

I guess maybe some people think if they code in at different shops they don't need to do it at the front door?

All I could think yesterday is how many exposure sites would have been nominated by me if I was COVID positive. I think I signed into  7 places and Baker's Delight was for a whole 60 seconds. :)

• Like 3

A centre near me was great with codes in that they were prominent at every shop with people actually checking, but to slow people down so they could check at big w, they had set up a zig zag carral type thing, which was bloody hard to navigate with phone in one hand (to check in), pushing the pram with the other and stopping my 3yo from touching anything. I couldn't even pull over to the side like I did elsewhere due to the limited space so I just apologised to everyone and fumbled on... I also don't have anywhere to put my phone while shopping so I can just whip it out and check in constantly, so that's something I'm going to have to think about as well (it usually stays in my backpack)

Certainly made a quick trip that little bit more challenging.

(Not a complaint, just musing about things that are new... and why women's clothes don't have decent pockets in them!!)

• Like 1

I do notice that people are more likely to be compliant with checking in if others are doing it. So I may see people walking straight past the check-in at a shopping centre but when one person stops to check-in others behind them will often follow.

I still forget sometimes, but then I either backtrack to do it, or do it when I go through the checkout. 

• Like 2

Kiwi Bicycle

@onetrick cross body bags when wrangling strollers and toddlers. Both hands free but right at your hip to get at your phone. Even better if you have a pocket on the side you can slot your phone into.

Silverstreak

Yep, @onetrick I swear by cross body bags with a slider pocket for the phone.

(I'm sure I've read before that women's clothes don't have pockets so we have to buy handbags, with more unisex items such as coats and jeans being the exceptions.) 

2 hours ago, STBG 2 said:

Walked into our local shops again yesterday and watched at least half the people walking straight past the QR.

I noticed this at the shops yesterday too. Can shops be charged if they're found to not be enforcing a QR code check in?

However I was chuckling at the Target, they had an older lady staff member firmly planted out the front and god help those who tried to sneak in without using the QR checkin 🤣  Ain't nobody was getting past her!

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

"Professor Sutton also revealed new first-dose appointments for Pfizer will be opened up in Victoria again next week."

From today's press conference, for those who weren't listening.

• Like 12

Over and out
4 hours ago, Bornagirl said:

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Had my first experience of someone telling me not to worry about signing in with the QR codes this morning.

Went to the gym, went to sign in, she said 'oh don't worry about that as long as you've done this one', meaning the one for the gym.

When I protested that I was definitely going to be signing in, and if people didn't then the gym was up for big fines. She said 'but we've got the records here'.  I responded 'yes, 12 hours later, the government has got this information instantly'. I said that if someone had a positive covid test that came back at two in the morning, by the time the government got the info from the gym, all the people from the same class would have gone out to work, or wherever.

I intend to tell the owner when I see her, I know she is keen to make sure everyone signs in.

Unbelievable, I would be simply reporting to the authorities.

Great to get down the peninsula today, and wonderful getting food at the corner shop. EVERYONE checked in, and everyone when they got out of their car put on their mask to go in.  Watched probably 40 people go in while waiting for my coffee etc

• Like 4

Over and out
1 hour ago, SFmummyto3 said:

I noticed this at the shops yesterday too. Can shops be charged if they're found to not be enforcing a QR code check in?

However I was chuckling at the Target, they had an older lady staff member firmly planted out the front and god help those who tried to sneak in without using the QR checkin 🤣  Ain't nobody was getting past her!

yes they can, i believe

ETA.that is my job at hockey tomorrow. No-one will be going in without checking in

Edited by JRA
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bornagirl said:

"Professor Sutton also revealed new first-dose appointments for Pfizer will be opened up in Victoria again next week."

From today's press conference, for those who weren't listening.

Wonderful. We must have got a shipment.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JRA said:

Unbelievable, I would be simply reporting to the authorities.

Great to get down the peninsula today, and wonderful getting food at the corner shop. EVERYONE checked in, and everyone when they got out of their car put on their mask to go in.  Watched probably 40 people go in while waiting for my coffee etc

I'm going to speak to the manager first, I spoke to her a few weeks ago when I overhead her talking about how important it was for people to sign in, but that they weren't. I told her in other states staff were asking if people had signed in. After that, they were actually asking, so she's doing the right thing.  I haven't seen this person before, so i'll give the manager the opportunity to read the riot act.

In Victoria - who do we report a business's non-compliance with QR codes to? Is there somewhere easy online or do we have to call the coronavirus hotline?

Also - does anyone know if there is a requirement for the QR code signs to be of a certain size? I have been into several shops today - most were fantastic and people were checking in - but 2 shops had very small signs that would have been easy to miss - less than A5 size and one was on the side of a hand sanitizer station and the other was stuck to the top of a product stand - very easy to miss both times. 

magic_marker

QR Codes Social distancing Mask wearing indoors. Nope. People. Just. Don't. Care.

I'm over it today.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Advertisement