IGNORED

Victorians hoping to travel interstate in school hols support thread!

Guest Megsmith

As from the 14th June anyone who has spent any time in the last 14 days in Greater Melbourne which is still a hotspot according to Queensland, only people travelling by plane and with the appropriate border pass can enter Queensland and then do 14 days quarantine in a hotel at our expense.

I gather we are not travelling to Queensland for holidays.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, STBG 2 said:

As from the 14th June anyone who has spent any time in the last 14 days in Greater Melbourne which is still a hotspot according to Queensland, only people travelling by plane and with the appropriate border pass can enter Queensland and then do 14 days quarantine in a hotel at our expense.

I gather we are not travelling to Queensland for holidays.

It still may change.

Phillipa Crawford

NSW yes, unless you have been in a Tier one site - but if you had you would be in isolation at home in any case.
SA still no to metropolitan Melbourne

2 minutes ago, Phillipa Crawford said:

NSW yes, unless you have been in a Tier one site - but if you had you would be in isolation at home in any case.
SA still no to metropolitan Melbourne

NSW have their own outbreak just announced so I am not sure what will happen now.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Phillipa Crawford said:

Fingers in my ears and la-la-lla to that one SBTG

Fingers and toes crossed.

An entire sitting of a movie theatre has been told to test and isolate for 14 days. Imagine the shitty luck of that. :(

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, STBG 2 said:

An entire sitting of a movie theatre has been told to test and isolate for 14 days. Imagine the shitty luck of that. :(

It's why I don't go to movies in the two weeks before we go anywhere. Gym, yep, that gives me benefit I can't backdate, but I can catch the movie when I get back.

It's been the case for a while that anyone at the same session has to isolate for 14 days.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, STBG 2 said:

I haven’t been to a movie with more than about 20 people in the theatre for 10 years! Hopefully it was a small group.

• Like 2

https://covid19.govt.nz/travel/quarantine-free-travel/australia/victoria/

Latest updates — updated 15 June 2021

If you need a pre-departure test, PCR or RT-PCR tests are required.

The pause on travel from Victoria to New Zealand is extended until 11:59pm (NZT) on Thursday 17 June.

If you were in Victoria after 7:59pm (NZT) on 25 May, you can fly to New Zealand from another Australian state. You will need to carry evidence of a negative pre-departure test administered no more than 72 hours before departure.

If you were in the Greater Melbourne lockdown area after 11:59pm (NZT) on 27 May, you can fly to New Zealand directly from Melbourne on return green flights. You must meet eligibility criteria, including a negative pre-departure test administered no more than 72 hours before departure.

Return green flights are flying from Melbourne to New Zealand for eligible travellers.

Pre-departure testing for arrivals into New Zealand

“If you were in the Greater Melbourne lockdown area after 11:59pm (NZT) on 27 May, you can fly to New Zealand directly from Melbourne on return green flights. You must meet eligibility criteria, including a negative pre-departure test administered no more than 72 hours before departure”.

this was posted on the aforementioned website on the 15 June 2021.

Reading the above paragraph, do yo think it sounds like Victorians will be able to travel to New Zealand?

41 minutes ago, Rosie28 said:

I haven’t been to a movie with more than about 20 people in the theatre for 10 years! Hopefully it was a small group.

I was at a movie with grandchildren pre this lockdown and the theatre was half full. We were sitting well spaced from each other but the centre was busy.

ps...wish I hadn't gone, the movie was awful :)

Edited by STBG 2

Kiwi Bicycle
18 minutes ago, BKK said:

“If you were in the Greater Melbourne lockdown area after 11:59pm (NZT) on 27 May, you can fly to New Zealand directly from Melbourne on return green flights. You must meet eligibility criteria, including a negative pre-departure test administered no more than 72 hours before departure”.

Reading the above paragraph, do yo think it sounds like Victorians will be able to travel to New Zealand?

The eligibility criteria is for NZ residents only. This is how they are getting NZers home without quarantining them. They have to test again once back in NZ.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BKK said:

It was a bit convoluted, but I think in the end the gist of it is that this information is for New Zealanders returning from Victoria/Melbourne.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKK said:

You need to meet the eligibility criteria, ie citizen/resident and a few other options.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

The eligibility criteria is for NZ residents only. This is how they are getting NZers home without quarantining them. They have to test again once back in NZ.

It's not residents only, it's citizens including those who are resident in Australia.

we have:

Thursday = 4

Friday = 0

Saturday = 1 case is now linked to the aged care outbreak

Sunday = 1 which is a case easily identified & quarantined

Monday = 2 cases primary contacts and quarantined

Tuesday = 0

Wednesday = 5  apartment complex where source is known

Thursday = 0

Hills Mum Bec

I'm in SA, not Vic but DD16 is supposed to be going on a ski trip with school to Mt Hotham mid July and the chances of that going ahead are looking very shaky.  The SA border has opened to regional Vic but looks like the students would have to get a COVID test to enter the alpine areas and then would have to test and isolate when they return.  If there are too many kids that pull out because of testing requirements the trip will not be viable to go ahead.  I think the school is going to make a call on it next week.

1 minute ago, Hills Mum Bec said:

I'm in SA, not Vic but DD16 is supposed to be going on a ski trip with school to Mt Hotham mid July and the chances of that going ahead are looking very shaky.  The SA border has opened to regional Vic but looks like the students would have to get a COVID test to enter the alpine areas and then would have to test and isolate when they return.  If there are too many kids that pull out because of testing requirements the trip will not be viable to go ahead.  I think the school is going to make a call on it next week.

Do you think a lot of kids would pull out due to two x covid tests?

Brett Sutton suggested the other day that the average person would have symptoms that indicate a test two or three times over winter.   (Obviously some none, and others more.)

There's a pretty big reward for them at the end of it.

A month's a long time with Covid anyway, so let's hope it's not relevant by then, although I accept schools can't leave it to the last minute to decide.

I sure hope she gets there.

Hills Mum Bec
Just now, Bornagirl said:

Do you think a lot of kids would pull out due to two x covid tests?

Brett Sutton suggested the other day that the average person would have symptoms that indicate a test two or three times over winter.   (Obviously some none, and others more.)

There's a pretty big reward for them at the end of it.

A month's a long time with Covid anyway, so let's hope it's not relevant by then, although I accept schools can't leave it to the last minute to decide.

I sure hope she gets there.

I don't know what other parents are thinking.  For me I am happy to take DD for two COVID tests hoping that the result for the one on her return comes in quickly so she doesn't have to isolate for too long.  We live regional so the nearest testing site is at least 30 minutes away which would be a factor in parent's decisions.  For us that means DH or I would have to take time off work a couple of days before the trip to take DD for a test and then again when she gets back otherwise a trip into town to the 24hr testing which is almost a 2 hour round trip.  I'm happy to do it for DD but not sure if all 24 students going on the trip will have parents that are willing to do it.

• Like 1

Hills Mum Bec
Just now, MsLaurie said:

Is a 30 minute drive in a regional context considered a barrier?

To me, no it's not but I can't speak for every other parent.  I know plenty of people who live in a tiny bubble in our community and would never even consider "venturing down the hill".

11 minutes ago, BKK said:

Queensland has shut its boarders to us for another week. 

One week at a time right now. I have 16 days until I fly to see my bestie who is the sister I never had so I am just trying to be mellow right now knowing that no amount of hoping will change Q'land's decision.

Advertisement