IGNORED

What will you do with your $60M?

Darryl

VeritasVinumArte

Pay off mortgage. Put money in super, set some money aside for each child (3). Help out family.

Maybe purchase a Holiday house. Maybe purchase a larger house in my area (my house is on 220sqm) so we have a bit of yard.

• Like 1

Seayork2002

Buy a house in Yorkshire and one here near but not in Sydney (probably) then travel then the usual charity/family stuff

• Like 2

MintyBiscuit

Pay for the knockdown rebuild we’re planning

Buy a holiday house on the south coast and an inner city apartment 

Buy/pay off mortgages for friends and family

Chuck a bunch into my share portfolio

The rest to charity and the arts 

• Like 1

Pinkflamingo

Ultimate dream - Move to Canada and buy a house in Kelowna on the Okanagan

In reality:

Give our siblings money each to do as they please

Make sure all our surviving parents have enough for their retirement

I would like to help some families that are really down on their luck, not sure in what capacity or how I would find them but this is a definite must do

Obviously set us up for the rest of our and our kids lives

I have a few friends that I would also give an amount to, hopefully to help them set up a house/mortgage - just a step up

In all honesty, $20mil for one or even potentially 2 people is way too much money

Ana Beavenhauser

Not tell anyone outside my parent, if suspicions were raised, admit to a smaller win (about a quarter of the actual winnings).

Quit my job!

Give my parents enough so they are comfortable.

Build my dream home, which isn't extravagant.

Keep my current house and renovate to rent.

Set aside a healthy amount to live out my years very comfortably (approx 35years in the same low-ish cost region)

If ever allowed to again, travel and make sure it is at least business class and in nice accommodation.

Set a portion a side for each of my two children and discreetly help out some friends.

Ah, wouldn't it be nice........

• Like 4

IamtheMumma

I'd buy a house in town with ocean views or maybe small acreage just outside of town. I'd buy a house near family for my retirement and rent it out till I need it. Alternatively I'd let my mum live in it for free.

Pay off my sister's mortgages. Give my sister a million that is hers alone (protect it from my BIL and if they divorce, its not included in accumulated assets).

Pay off my car loan.

Give my mum a couple of million. 

Quit my job and go casual.  

Put money into trust funds for my children, grand child and niece and nephew. If my beau is in my life, I'd put money in trust for his kids as well. 

Take my beau on his dream holiday.

Give DS's dad a lump sum to piss off and never come back (which I think he'd happily take). 

Put the rest into a savings account and live off the interest and my income. 

1. Tell no one.

2. Secretly pay off family members debts. 

3. Make secret financial gifts to family members/close friends who are struggling.

4. Pay off our remaining debts.

5. Make DH retire. I will keep working.

6. Buy rural block of land with nice views, not too far from Sydney. Build small but perfect pod eco-home on it.

7. Buy 3 b/r apartment in Sydney (this will be our retirement city pad).

8. Put the rest into investments/super.

9. Travel the world first class when pandemic is over.

• Like 2

Quit work, volunteer at my previous workplace and also in the library at kid's school. Join the governing council of my professional organisation (you can tell I love my work, just not the relentlessness of paid employment!) 

Pay off mortgage, buy our inner city retirement apartment and out tenants in until we're ready to downsize.

Help out family and friends

Travel!

• Like 1

- Buy a house. Nothing fancy, just better than the crap box we’ve lived in for the last 17 years. Oh and all new furniture. Most of our stuff is second hand or cheap and has seen better days

- Buy another 2 houses for my kids. Both have disabilities. One currently lives in disability accommodation. It’s expensive on his small pension so if I could buy a house and not charge him rent, he’d have plenty to live off.

- Travel. I’ve never left Oz and have a massive bucket list of places I want to see

- start up my own business. A bnb in the country with a bookshop and cafe

• Like 2

magic_marker

Set money aside for childrens education.

Donate  to research in Covid -19

Set aside money for holidays for mental health.

That's straight up, will have to think some more.

15 million would go to charity family violence, refugees, first nations people &  mental health.

Some to parents, friends.

Some in bank to live off interest.

Buy property in Australia & one in France.

Buy my Mum a little place of her own. She’s in her 70’s and renting :(  One of the women we discuss who’ve divorced later in life and haven’t worked since she was 21 and then married.

Buy her a new car.

Shout her and my teens and me of course a European trip, once we can safely travel again.

Donate a bunch to a couple of charities.

Set each of my three teens up with their own house/Trust/investments.

Landscape the garden then sell and move by the water.

Buy a couple of vintage cars to drive on clear days.

• Like 1

Oh this is one of my favourite things to think about.

Will get new carpet, paint and curtains. Maybe a new kitchen and bathroom. And some brilliant new landscaping.  I'll stay in this house for now. I like it.  But I'll shop around for a unit or townhouse to spend my old age in. There's one nearby that's just been built, not sure if it's even finished yet, and I want it. Penthouse. HUGE outdoor area. Overlooks the lake.  Nice.

I won't tell anyone except my kids.

I will throw a million at each of my kids to buy a house or invest or whatever works for them,  They'll get whatever's left when I die as well.

I will look at how I can donate some money to support a cause very important to me.

I will quit work.

I will have a cleaner and buy pre-prepped meals so I don't have to do much at all in the way of cooking stuff because I loathe cooking.

When COVID buggers off I will follow the Grand Prix around the world for a season.

And I will see whatever band I want at whatever venue I want for the rest of my life.

I can hardly wait to start.  It's all planned.

• Like 3

Little Bear

20 million could go a long way …..

Pay off current debts for DH and I, seriously consider whether it’s better to KDRB and get some landscaping done in our current place vs buying elsewhere, buy a property each for DS and DD, invest some money, set up an educational scholarship fund, hire someone to help with meals/cleaning on a regular basis to reduce my load, have a holiday, buy some land for conservation purposes. There’s probably still a lot left over after that. 

But a house, invest so I have an income and don’t have to work, get a super hero lawyer to get DS back 

go back to Uni and do my masters in history 

• Like 1

Lizzybirdsworth

The usual. Buy house, car, financially set up for retirement. Buy house for each of my kids and rent them out, banking the rental income for them until old enough (or buy with a small mortgage depending on what financial advice is given). Pay off our parents houses and pay off the guarantor part of our siblings mortgages and give them money to do renos but I don’t want to fully pay it off. 
put money aside for my 3 nephews. 
travel first class

allow our parents the experience to travel first class

build some flats for single Mums either restarting their lives with heavily reduced rent, options of furnishings and no rent at Christmas or their kids birthday week.

those that say to donate to charity are you worried about it actually making it to the charity? After that huge Red Cross debacle I’m worried about giving money to charity and would rather donate a building, medical equipment or something like that.

• Like 1

Advertisement