As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

What do you buy too many of?

Ker

I always buy too many cardigans, knitwear, loungewear and white sneakers.

This winter I bought too many puffer jackets because they were on sale & I couldn’t decide on a colour. Time for a cull as now nothing fits in my tiny wardrobe.

Okay reading this I realise I haven’t been buying enough.... I’ve bought zero pairs of shoes this year, no bags, and only 2 work shirts and a long cardigan/coat thing, and 2 pairs of trackies. Oh and 1 jumper. That’s it for clothes. All year.

Covid has done some weird things. I know others will have some very low clothing purchases as well, and others have a lot. It’s like Covid took us out of our normal, and any routine went out the window. I don’t even know what to wear anymore, so I put off thinking about it and stopped buying. 

• Like 2

On 19/06/2021 at 1:02 PM, MaryanneK said:

Lentils. I always feel like I'm going to make them into some healthy meals or salads and be this amazing healthy vibrant lentil eating person..... ignoring the fact that no one in our house including me likes lentils! I think I have 6 tins. Which is not that many except they've all been there for years

I first read this post without my glasses on and thought I read Lexus! First thought was damn you go girl - laugh.

I also have a thing for trench coats, I bought my 4th coat yesterday - olive green and devine, woops and another 2 lipsticks. 

Seriously bored with my current batch of masks so I bought half dozen more masks from Cotton On, they have sizes which is great. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I keep buying lipsticks that turn out to be wrong for me. 

This last one I even had a tester for, tested it in the shop, got home, applied it and it went this awful blue pink (fuchsia) on me. 

So that brings me to a total of 5 or so bought since last march that have sucked on me. 

I've now sworn off buying any!

• Like 1

@Jenflea Try mixing your lipsticks together, if I feel the color is too bright that I bought I will tone it down with beige over the top as it softens the colour.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dianalynch said:

Okay reading this I realise I haven’t been buying enough.... I’ve bought zero pairs of shoes this year, no bags, and only 2 work shirts and a long cardigan/coat thing, and 2 pairs of trackies. Oh and 1 jumper. That’s it for clothes. All year.

Covid has done some weird things. I know others will have some very low clothing purchases as well, and others have a lot. It’s like Covid took us out of our normal, and any routine went out the window. I don’t even know what to wear anymore, so I put off thinking about it and stopped buying. 

I have not bought any clothes for me in the last 12 months, even though I probably should have. I have a very small number of clothes and they are starting to look pretty worn.

This thread makes me want to shop 😉 mine is boring but I have WAY too many reusable shopping bags. Between our two cars and stashed around the house  I’d estimate we have about 30 at least!

• Like 2

I've ended up with quite a few of the green reusable bags from Woolies.  They were selling them at 15c each so I stocked up. I like to donate stuff to the Salvos or whoever in them because they look neater in the house waiting to be taken than in ugly garbage bags. Plus I can sort my donations better in them. Kids clothes in one, toys in another, books etc. I really dislike giant garbage bags of random shit. 

• Love 1

Advertisement