IGNORED

What do you buy too many of?

Ker

I was cleaning my wardrobe out and realised just how many coats/jackets I had! I have too many. I have like 3 formal black coats, 2 red, a white, a beige and 2 casual black jackets. Yet I'm always seeing nice coats or jackets and thinking "oooh, I like that, I should buy it". I've seen three in the last week.

I also have probably too many shoes. And I know I have too many cats!

I have lots of coats and jackets too, but I'm in Melbourne and I feel the cold so I figure they're worth it. I have navy, dark purple, white and duck egg blue woollen coats, grey and blue trench coats, a couple of puffer jackets, a leather jacket and then things like a ski jacket etc. 

Clothes I can't wear to work - and I don't even have to dress corporate for work - but like dresses with cats or possums or sushi on them, and tracksuit pants that are too warm to work out in so they're literally just for lounging around. I should force myself to only buy practical clothes.....but I don't. 

• Like 1

Handbags are one thing I can't shop for. I use one handbag till it's almost dead then go buy another. I hate to handbag shop and I also don't like swapping handbags over.

• Like 7

lollipoppsy

Handbags...I have over 40 at last count...I like to colour coordinate them with my ridiculously extensive vintage dress collection (currently at around 100 frocks).

Yes I know, I have a problem, but dressing up every day makes my heart just sing with joy ❤

• Like 6
  • Cool 2
  • Love 4

27 minutes ago, lollipoppsy said:

Handbags...I have over 40 at last count...I like to colour coordinate them with my ridiculously extensive vintage dress collection (currently at around 100 frocks).

Yes I know, I have a problem, but dressing up every day makes my heart just sing with joy ❤

Any photos? Please. I have emojis switched off but I feel like using “excited” emoji in this case!

11 minutes ago, MissHLH said:

Socks. I love silly socks. The rest of me is drab. 

Same! I have so many socks. Even though I wear sporty ones to work out and tights with work clothes sooooo I don't even really need a single pair. 

• Like 1

Dresses. I just bought 3 today at the op shop. I wear pants g jeans a lot but I just can't resist buying dresses. 

(I actually bought 4 but one was for a friend's 19 year old daughter, I couldn't resist a printed silk Leona Edminston dress for $15 but it's too tiny for me!)

VictorineTheCatLover
28 minutes ago, Karlee99 said:

Balls of yarn/wool - I have a ridiculous amount and am thinking I should sell it off

Oh indeed!

Hello my name is Victorine and I am a Yarn Addict!!

• Like 1

Hills Mum Bec
26 minutes ago, VictorineTheCatLover said:

Oh indeed!

Hello my name is Victorine and I am a Yarn Addict!!

Hello, my name is Bec and I'm also a yarn addict.  Sorted out all my yarn a few weeks ago.  It was in places all over the house and I have put it all together in one storage container.  Storage container was only 3/4 full so decided that was a good sign to buy more yarn.  I keep finding more and more that I had stashed in various places around the house so now I have a very large tub of yarn that is chock full plus a second pile of yarn that doesn't fit into the tub.  And then BWM bring out a new limited release ......

Kiwi Bicycle

Coloured pencils, but I use them in my art. I have over 400. 

Bikes, between my DH and I at one time we had 7 bikes. 

We have reduced that down and only have 4 bikes ( two tandems) between us and DS also has a bike and a trailabike.

Canned food. I always think I've used more in the week than I have, then I get home from the shops and realise I've got 10 cans of chickpeas or something.

• Like 5

VeritasVinumArte

Makeup/skincare - I purchase thinking I will use and 99% of the time don’t bother putting on ANY makeup (even lip gloss).

@Lurker is it possible to wear your interesting prints to work. I adore Review Dresses and wear bright colours and prints to work. I may be out of place with half of the people wearing Jeans and T, but it makes me happy.

9 minutes ago, VeritasVinumArte said:

Makeup/skincare - I purchase thinking I will use and 99% of the time don’t bother putting on ANY makeup (even lip gloss).

@Lurker is it possible to wear your interesting prints to work. I adore Review Dresses and wear bright colours and prints to work. I may be out of place with half of the people wearing Jeans and T, but it makes me happy.

Haha I buy too much make up too! Given I only wear it about once a month. But God damn it if I don't look hawt when I do. 

I do wear colourful prints to work; I just feel like my dress with the possums on it isn't necessarily the best way to be taken seriously. Maybe I should get a more animal focused job? But then I'd get dirty, and I loathe getting dirty. 

Further to the above. I like to think that I am saving my money in case DD needs a private school for high school. But in all likelihood we wouldn't be able to afford it anyway!

Silverstreak

Books and now ebooks, I am a shocker. But now I am learning to read the free sample first to check if I like it.

I also like clothes shopping for DS, particularly when he was a baby, I loved buying brightly coloured outfits for him.

Mum buys too many handbags, I have benefited from this throughout the years!

Advertisement