IGNORED

What do you buy too many of?

Ker

VictorineTheCatLover
1 hour ago, Hills Mum Bec said:

Hello, my name is Bec and I'm also a yarn addict.  Sorted out all my yarn a few weeks ago.  It was in places all over the house and I have put it all together in one storage container.  Storage container was only 3/4 full so decided that was a good sign to buy more yarn.  I keep finding more and more that I had stashed in various places around the house so now I have a very large tub of yarn that is chock full plus a second pile of yarn that doesn't fit into the tub.  And then BWM bring out a new limited release ......

Phtt! One tub....you're a beginner. I have seven lol

• Haha 1

LemonMyrtle

According to DH I have too many bras. I disagree, I don’t even wear half of them but that’s beside the point. You can never have too many bras. 

• Like 1

I have a shocking habit of buying so much of a grocery that it gets excessive and then I put it on my mental "don't buy" list....and leave it there for so long we run out.

For example, every fortnight when I do a big shop I will say to myself "oh, rice noodles, it's not on the list, but we always use them" and buy more.  Eventually building to a precarious tower of rice noodles, at which point I tell myself "don't buy rice noodles, you've got way too much already", every fortnight for ages. Until I go to make something with them and realise that we have run out.

There is pretty much always something we have too much of, always someone my mental "don't buy" list, and always something we have run out of because I left it on my "don't buy" list for too long.  If I could name the items at any moment in time (ideally before writing the shopping list) I could resolve this issue.

Turns out I can't adult. Sorry kids.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Notebooks! I love nothing more than a good list.  

I used to buy too many lipsticks but not anymore - thanks Covid and facemasks! 

Edited by zeldazonk

Food - we barely eat at home on weekends - might be take-away, cafes, restaurants, coffees, etc.

Comic books / Manga / Graphic Novels

Black Milk clothing dresses.

Pop Vinyls.  

Edited by BeAwesome

ineedmorecoffee

Too many handbags and shoes, I have bags and shoes I’ve never used 🤦‍♀️

I’m more of a cheap skate when it comes to clothes for some reason, maybe cause I’ve never really loved or accepted my my body/shape/size.

Being a teenage girl in the 90s meant the heroin chic waif look was in ala Kate Moss and I was never that 🙁

• Like 1

Books and stationery.  I will never apologise for the books.

I can't resist beautiful pens and  notebooks. We have a pen pot in five different rooms :-D If there's a stationery sale on, I always stock up and it all gets used eventually.  DD has about 27 pencil cases 😂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VictorineTheCatLover said:

Phtt! One tub....you're a beginner. I have seven lol

I have no comment on this. Buying yarn and knitting are two different hobbies. 

1 hour ago, Mose said:

I have a shocking habit of buying so much of a grocery that it gets excessive and then I put it on my mental "don't buy" list....and leave it there for so long we run out.

For example, every fortnight when I do a big shop I will say to myself "oh, rice noodles, it's not on the list, but we always use them" and buy more.  Eventually building to a precarious tower of rice noodles, at which point I tell myself "don't buy rice noodles, you've got way too much already", every fortnight for ages. Until I go to make something with them and realise that we have run out.

There is pretty much always something we have too much of, always someone my mental "don't buy" list, and always something we have run out of because I left it on my "don't buy" list for too long.  If I could name the items at any moment in time (ideally before writing the shopping list) I could resolve this issue.

Turns out I can't adult. Sorry kids.

My husband does this. At one stage we had 18 jars of seeded mustard. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

VictorineTheCatLover
20 minutes ago, Rosie28 said:

I have no comment on this. Buying yarn and knitting are two different hobbies. 

Yep. There is buying the yarn and creating with the yarn. I do it on the train to and from work. Embarrassing when you drop your crochet hook lol

Sports socks, runners and comfy clothes for home… I’m in Melbourne so the threat of comfy winter lockdown attire this year is a thing, I’m ready 🤨

But I may need a new long puffer jacket….😉

1 hour ago, BeAwesome said:

Food - we barely eat at home on weekends - might be take-away, cafes, restaurants, coffees, etc.

Comic books / Manga / Graphic Novels

Black Milk clothing dresses.

Pop Vinyls.  

There's no such thing as too many pop vinyls.

I only buy the right amount of things because the right amount is however many of the thing I want.  I don't actually have that many pops but was surprised to find I now have 35.  There will be more. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Y'all making me realise I'm exceedingly low maintenance in general and thus can justify the pink sapphire/diamond ring I've had my eye on 👌

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Crombek said:

Y'all making me realise I'm exceedingly low maintenance in general and thus can justify the pink sapphire/diamond ring I've had my eye on 👌

It's our pleasure. Especially if there are pics

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rosie28 said:

My husband does this. At one stage we had 18 jars of seeded mustard. 

Now you say this, I remember when my parents had more than 20 potato peelers. Mum did have an unfortunate habit of destroying them in the waste disposal unit, but even so, this was extreme stockpiling.  I remember her being so proud when the last one of the lot broke because clearly she hadn't over purchased on her lifetime potato peeler needs.

I still don't really understand this, pretty sure we have had ours for more than a decade and it's fine...but anyway, your post helps me to understand that my problem us genetic.

Nothing I can do. Never mind.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mose said:

Now you say this, I remember when my parents had more than 20 potato peelers. Mum did have an unfortunate habit of destroying them in the waste disposal unit, but even so, this was extreme stockpiling.  I remember her being so proud when the last one of the lot broke because clearly she hadn't over purchased on her lifetime potato peeler needs.

I still don't really understand this, pretty sure we have had ours for more than a decade and it's fine...but anyway, your post helps me to understand that my problem us genetic.

Nothing I can do. Never mind.

We’ve had the same veggie peeler for 15 years. It’s magic or something. 

• Like 1

Yarn - I’m sure I’ve heard about people whom use yarn to make gifts for charity.

Such as beautiful baby rugs for the children’s hospital or bennies & scarfs for the homeless in winter. If you have to much or even if you are crafting think of how your efforts can help others. I wish I was a crafter.

Spidey_Senses

Kids books.  People hand them down to us and I cant bear to hand them on because DS reads them all.  But we have a stupid amount.  We will hand them on as he grows out of them. 

Advertisement