As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Winter - love it or hate it?

Darryl

5 minutes ago, nom_de_plume said:

For my fellow Winter haters - it's the solstice today! Days will get longer from here :)

I've got in it my calendar - that's how much I hate winter! 😄

• Like 2

I love winter, mostly because I hate summer. I get dizzy and headachey and sunburnt if I go outside; I can't sleep when it's hot; I fear bushfires. I hate air conditioning too - I like it better than the lack of it, but I'm always happiest if I can just open the windows. 

Autumn is my jam. Fucking love autumn. Beautiful to look at, neither hot nor cold, or it's the good kind of cold that you can put on snuggly clothes for and enjoy. Spring is hayfever and nothing redeems that. Winter I can tolerate except for incredibly wet days, but my life is pretty indoorsy so even that doesn't present a huge problem. Plus Australian winter isn't even cold! I'm in Melbourne but it's not like it's Montreal. 

• Like 2

I definitely like summer more than winter.  Hate being cold all the time, I freeze and cant warm up without a hot shower.  But the clear sunny days in winter are nice.  Spring is always so windy, summer is nice (though I'd actually like it to be warmer - I'm in Tas, there aren't that many hot days!).  Autumn is usually nice.

little lion

Winter sucks when you wake up in the dark and come home in the dark. It is too cold to swim. The heater makes me feel all dried out like a sultana. 

I love autumn, but this year we went straight to winter and a cold one.  I've retired and i'm finding it hard to do anything because i don't want to get out of bed and my house if freezing (in one end) so i huddle over a blowy heater and snooze.  

My house is also dark and once the sun goes down i don't feel like doing anything.  Very few hours of sunlight.

I've had to buy more socks, my feet are always freezing, the rest of me can cope.

Need  to get out of the house more - out today for a while and the sun was actually out.  Felt much more energetic when i got home.  Trying to finalise unpacking after a year.

I LOVE it. 

I’m not sure if anyone has guessed. 

snuggling into a warm bed. Oh I miss my childhood waterbed. 

this was me today. 

C7C84BB9-EBE0-4523-A41C-D6BDADE1A362.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Pigeonpairplusone

Used to hate it when I lived in Adelaide, it would make me feel miserable. These days  I love it as I’m in Qld. No humidity, fresh mornings & beautiful mild blue sky days. 

• Like 1

Having grown up in the Northeast of England, I would never complain about an Australian winter. I have never encountered anything here as miserable as an English winter. I do however complain endlessly about summer where I live it rarely gets below 30 and often hits 40. It is intolerable. I hate aircon as well but there's no other choice when it gets to 40. Even on a day mild enough to be outside, you're annoyed by flies all day long and mosquitoes as soon as soon as it starts getting dark.  But the winters are fresh and sunny (mostly) and usually still mid-teens during the day.  No insects, no bushfire smoke, no sweating whilst doing absolutely nothing, no reapplying suncream to yourself and kids 20 times a day. Winter over summer any day. But autumn is best, followed by spring, then winter, summer is a distant 4th

• Like 1

squeekums-the-elf
13 hours ago, nom_de_plume said:

For my fellow Winter haters - it's the solstice today! Days will get longer from here :)

that brings a happy tear to my eye

On 21/06/2021 at 8:40 PM, Ozgirl said:

I LOVE it. 

I’m not sure if anyone has guessed. 

snuggling into a warm bed. Oh I miss my childhood waterbed. 

this was me today. 

C7C84BB9-EBE0-4523-A41C-D6BDADE1A362.jpeg

Argh! You lucky bugger!

Chocolate Addict

I love any season except summer. I hate hot weather, I don't like the beach or swimming pools or getting a tan 😛

If it is hot  you can't get cool without an air conditioner, in winter, you put a jumper on or curl up under a blanket.

My perfect weather would be around 20 - 25C all year round

• Like 3

Advertisement