IGNORED

Winter - love it or hate it?

Darryl

I hate winter.  The short days, the long nights, the cold, the rain.

The fact that it isn't any other season.

What does everybody else think?

• Like 5

Seayork2002

I like the start of winter (and the end) where there is a slight change and you feel a little wintery, but if I wear a cardigan and still feel cold I hate that, the 'great' UK winter of 2010/2021 cured me of any love of winter

• Like 3

Phillipa Crawford

I quite like winter. Far prefer it to stinking hot summer days.
Don't like just grey cloudy days, they are depressing

• Like 6

❤ Winter. 

You can always get warm in Winter, by adding clothing etc.  Summer, no matter how many layers I take off, its still too bloody hot. 

If I have to choose a favourite season, that would be ❤❤ Mid Autumn ❤❤. Still warmish during the day, but usually cool enough to sleep at night

• Like 14

Jane Jetson

Absolutely love it. It's my second-favourite season after autumn (autumn wins because pretty leaves and lots of public holidays).

Best of all, it is Not Summer and I don't have to flop around sweating and getting exhausted from barely moving, and stalking the Fires Near Me app to see how close I am to burnination.

Edited by Jane Jetson
  • Like 13

VeritasVinumArte

I like winter but only when it is Sunny. I love crisp mornings which lead to bright blue skies. The rain/drizzle overcast days I can do without.

my favourite time of year is Spring/Autumn when it is crisp in the morning warming to about 16/17 degrees at 3pm.

• Like 2

Silverstreak

I like a lot about it, except when I get sick. But I think Winter is very picturesque and I like snuggling under a blanket all cosy.

• Like 4

Kiwi Bicycle

I don't like snow. So I am ok with Melbourne winters. They are pretty like Auckland winters growing up. Cold enough that a fire is nice but not walking around at 0 degrees either.

I lived in Singapore, so did the no season/ it's always summer thing. I really really missed summer evenings. There's no variation of daylight, it's always around 7am to 7pm. It's strange having a BBQ in Singapore, you cook and eat in the dark.

• Like 1

Seayork2002
20 minutes ago, verucasalt said:

It's the Winter of my discontent every Winter.

Ah you have met my husband lol!, one of his, very large number of repetitive, sayings

• Haha 2

Hills Mum Bec

I hate it.  The only good thing about Winter is netball and even that is torturous in the freezing cold.  It has been so wet, cold & windy the past week here.  I really, really hate it.

• Like 1

Hate it.  We managed a trip from Melbourne to Broome, right through to Katherine and up to Darwin during April. 

I have Raynaud's (not a serious condition but affects warmth in hands and feet, not circulation related), and one morning in Litchfield National park it was an unseasonal 16 degrees overnight.  Husband said 'isn't it nice to have a lovely cool morning', to which I responded 'nope' and showed him my purple and white hands.

I struggle with high thirties and high humidity (which we had a bit of) but I absolutely ADORE getting up in the morning and it's 22 degrees, or after dark and I'm still in a sleeveless top.

• Like 2

IamtheMumma

Its my 3rd favourite season. Autumn, Spring, Winter and then Summer.

We usually have mild winters here in QLD but this year, the mercury has plummeted and I'm freezing. On one hand, I love it but on the other, its too fricking cold. 

• Like 1

IamtheMumma
6 minutes ago, Bornagirl said:

Hate it.  We managed a trip from Melbourne to Broome, right through to Katherine and up to Darwin during April. 

I have Raynaud's (not a serious condition but affects warmth in hands and feet, not circulation related), and one morning in Litchfield National park it was an unseasonal 16 degrees overnight.  Husband said 'isn't it nice to have a lovely cool morning', to which I responded 'nope' and showed him my purple and white hands.

I struggle with high thirties and high humidity (which we had a bit of) but I absolutely ADORE getting up in the morning and it's 22 degrees, or after dark and I'm still in a sleeveless top.

I think I'm developing it and I will beg to differ its not a serious condition. It makes life one big freeze and it is easy to get cold to core. A work mate has it too. We were playing who has the coldest hands by putting them on our colleagues. Turns out, its a draw and we are banned from playing that game again haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, IamtheMumma said:

I think I'm developing it and I will beg to differ its not a serious condition. It makes life one big freeze and it is easy to get cold to core. A work mate has it too. We were playing who has the coldest hands by putting them on our colleagues. Turns out, its a draw and we are banned from playing that game again haha.

By serious, I meant life threatening. After beyond severe blood pressure for 20 years, it's a walk in the park, except when I'm walking in the park. Before that I had a condition where without medication for a few hours I'd be at very serious risk of collapse.  It's all relative.

My hands are generally a mixture of purple and white in Melbourne, even when the ducted heating's on 21.  Hot flushes don;t help, they do torso and head without reaching the hands and feet, and then you're wet from the hot flush so freezing all over.

I now wear fingerless gloves at yoga and don't care how stupid I look. I recommend possum and wool mix from new zealand. Can give you the website if you like.

I hope you've been investigated for it. Those for whom it's from an aut0-immune response  (secondary) can have complications that those with primary (me) don't have. That's despite me already having two auto immune conditions.  I don't understand it , but please make sure you know which type it is.

• Like 2

ineedmorecoffee

I like winter, I like wearing jumpers, scarves, coats and puffy jackets.

But I don’t like grey rainy days, my favourite days are cold sunny days where you don’t break a sweat going about your daily business.

Love going to the beach in the cooler months to just get a coffee and walk around.

• Like 2

I live in Brisbane in a 1920s Queenslander, which was not designed for warmth.  I hate feeling cold.  I don't mind Winter in places it's meant to be cold - I can tolerate it in parts of Melbourne where buildings are made for warmth.  

The last 2 days were quite sunny in the middle of the day, so at work I opened the doors and windows, and the sun and breeze was pleasant enough. 

I do LOVE winter clothes - boots, leather jackets, long sleeve dresses, tights.  

Advertisement