IGNORED

Tokyo 2021 Olympics

Darryl

Not Escapin Xmas

It’s all very bizarre that it’s happening.

we just got a tonne of Woolies stickers so now we are checking out the sports we don’t know. Like modern pentathlon. OMFG!  check this combo out:

1 - fencing, against every single other player…

2 - swimming 200m @ ~35 secs per lap

3 - show jumping on a horse you’ve never met

4&5 combined - laser shooting followed by 800m sprint.

All one day… 

• Surprised 1

Over and out
On 28/06/2021 at 2:03 PM, Iamferalz said:

It’s a shame our lockdown (Sydney) does not coincide with the Olympics!  I reckon I’d have the TV on constantly.

Quite possibly it will 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Not Escapin Xmas said:

It’s all very bizarre that it’s happening.

we just got a tonne of Woolies stickers so now we are checking out the sports we don’t know. Like modern pentathlon. OMFG!  check this combo out:

1 - fencing, against every single other player…

2 - swimming 200m @ ~35 secs per lap

3 - show jumping on a horse you’ve never met

4&5 combined - laser shooting followed by 800m sprint.

All one day… 

Rather bizarrely, I know someone who competed in pentathlon at an Olympic level...the sports are supposed to reflect the skills of a 19th century soldier... but yeah they’re kind of random. Fun though! 

• Surprised 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m looking forward to it, I told DS about it and he’s interested especially since in Rio they introduced the Tokyo games with Mario 

I hope we see samurai and Noh performers in the opening ceremony.

Kiwi Bicycle

Well the organising committee has said they could still pull the pin at the 11th hour. Not great the number of atheletes testing positive. Several major sponsors have said they are not sending anyone ( Fujitsu etc). Toyota has pulled a planned Olympics themed advertising campaign.

• Like 1

Over and out

Drama in the equestrian team, after the rider who should not have been selected in the first place, has tested positive to cocaine.  Equestrian Aus has a lot to answer for on this one.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

squeekums-the-elf
3 minutes ago, JRA said:

Drama in the equestrian team, after the rider who should not have been selected in the first place, has tested positive to cocaine.  Equestrian Aus has a lot to answer for on this one.

least it not covid lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ImperatorFuriosa said:

It blows my mind that anyone thought it was a good idea to let it go ahead. Seriously, wtf?

I agree, what a ridiculous thingbto continue on with, and I'm a big sports and Olympics fan.

• Like 2

I love the Olympics but really see this as the height of stupidity. I feel sorry for the Japanese people, who apparently don't want it, and the athletes who won't get the experience they have trained so hard for - no crowds etc. But really, it shouldn't have gone ahead. That said, I'll watch because, well, lockdown and why the hell not?

• Like 4

What channel is it on? It would be good to be able to park the kids in front of it/ watch it together but commercials would put me off both of those options

1 minute ago, MaryanneK said:

What channel is it on? It would be good to be able to park the kids in front of it/ watch it together but commercials would put me off both of those options

It's on Channel 7 and 7Plus has everything, all the sports. It's amazing. But, the main advertiser is McDonalds which seems counter productive.

Sancti-claws
7 hours ago, TinCat said:

It's on Channel 7 and 7Plus has everything, all the sports. It's amazing. But, the main advertiser is McDonalds which seems counter productive.

Sorry I had a giggle - it could be the early morning, but I thought "well, as long at it is productive at their counters McD's will consider it money well spent".

Its one of those conundrums of the modern world - the evolution of all sport sponsorship in my lifetime has been cigarette companies, then breweries and now fast food outlets and gambling.

Over and out

I am so emotional this time.  A girl so close to our family - me, my son and DH, is competing, and girl whose father was a close friend was a child, and still a close friend of my sisters'. It is just so so exciting.

• Like 5

I've always found the opening ceremony a bit ho hum, but this one has already made me cry.  The absence of people hurts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Advertisement