IGNORED

COVID vaccine thread #2

Darryl

Chillipeppers

Bronze! 

can someone please tell me is Homebush the only location administering the Pfizer vaccine? It seems to be the only one on the website with Pfizer in brackets?

Wonderstruck

Pretty sure other places are doing it too. The eligibility checker will give you the locations suitable for your age and recommended vaccine. 

No, there's various chest clinics and hospitals.  It's annoying that when you look there's a number which don't even tell you where they are as they all  have the same name but are all over Sydney.

I presume that when you put your details in it only shows you the vaccine for  your age.  

Chillipeppers

Oh I didn’t consider that I put my age in. I’m going to ring around tomorrow and see what the earliest appointment is.

• Like 1

VeritasVinumArte

Reporting in for day 1 Post #2 Pfizer. So had 2nd shot 1.45pm Sunday. Was OK Sunday (maybe slight headache before bed). Awoke Monday morning feeling woolly headed, went to the bathroom and had troubles staying upright so worked out no driving to work or doing work I was so woolly headed. Stayed in bed and rested/slept until about 4.30pm. Still not feeling great, but by 8.30pm head is much clearer. Just a slight headache. Arm a little sore.

DH has fared better with just a minor headache.

• Like 1

Vaccines to be made mandatory for aged care workers.  And the government will indemnify GPs who administer the AZ to under 60s who request it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Iamferalz said:

Vaccines to be made mandatory for aged care workers.  And the government will indemnify GPs who administer the AZ to under 60s who request it.

Not sure an indemnity will encourage anyone. Yikes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rosie28 said:

Perhaps young people at the back of the queue who have already been asking for the AZ knowing the risks.  The main hesitaters are middle aged women.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iamferalz said:

Perhaps young people at the back of the queue who have already been asking for the AZ knowing the risks.  The main hesitaters are middle aged women.

True, young ones who are desperate for a vaccine don’t need encouragement.

30 minutes ago, Iamferalz said:

That is terrific news.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Rosie28 said:

I think it will depend on just how well the GP handles it, hopefully if it is their regular GP there will be a bit of a trusting relationship.  Young people wanting AZ are probably going to be better researched if they are considering it so hopefully it will be quite an easy sell.

I saw an interview with a GP this morning who said he has a line up of people wanting it after being fully informed but he just needed to know that if in the rare event there was an issue he could not be sued. 

I really hope it works.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, STBG 2 said:

I think it will depend on just how well the GP handles it, hopefully if it is their regular GP there will be a bit of a trusting relationship.  Young people wanting AZ are probably going to be better researched if they are considering it so hopefully it will be quite an easy sell.

I saw an interview with a GP this morning who said he has a line up of people wanting it after being fully informed but he just needed to know that if in the rare event there was an issue he could not be sued. 

I really hope it works.

I hope it works too but I’m thinking more from a public policy perspective- if an indemnity is required then you have a recognition of risk, and obviously one they think GPS will be nervous about. And if you have nervous GPs then the public might not be keen. 

Maybe I’m just over lawyering it!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rosie28 said:

I don’t think the indemnity is about encouraging those who are hesitant.  It’s about protecting the GP’s who might otherwise be at risk because they are giving a medication against the official guidelines ie. under age of 60yrs. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Basil said:

I don’t think the indemnity is about encouraging those who are hesitant.  It’s about protecting the GP’s who might otherwise be at risk because they are giving a medication against the official guidelines ie. under age of 60yrs. 

I agree- I’m saying I think it will actively put people off, discourage them. I hope not! 

Moomintroll
5 minutes ago, Rosie28 said:

I hope it works too but I’m thinking more from a public policy perspective- if an indemnity is required then you have a recognition of risk, and obviously one they think GPS will be nervous about. And if you have nervous GPs then the public might not be keen. 

I think everyone knows there is a risk, there is good information available on exactly how big that risk is. The younger people who will be seeking out an Astra Zeneca vaccination are likely to be well aware of the exact risk level. I think it's a sensible move to encourage GPs to feel OK about giving it to people who ask for it. Some will no doubt take it up. 

• Like 3

MintyBiscuit

I’d have AZ tomorrow if my GP said he was ok with it. I assume eligibility criteria hasn’t changed though at this stage and it’s still 40+ along with 1a and 1b (os that how far along we are?) 

MintyBiscuit
Just now, VeritasVinumArte said:

@MintyBiscuitI think that is the point now anyone over 18 can request AZ at their Dr.

About time if that’s the case. I couldn’t bring myself to watch the presser with his royal smugness so I’m just picking up parts from news sites 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll likely take it up if it’s an option. Last time I chatted to my doctor about it he wasn’t overly keen, but I’ll have another chat!

13 minutes ago, Rosie28 said:

Probably not. I am probably being too naive. :)

4 minutes ago, STBG 2 said:

Probably not. I am probably being too naive. :)

Well let’s hope most people are closer to naive than lawyer 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

Advertisement