IGNORED

COVID vaccine thread #2

Darryl

2 minutes ago, Chillipeppers said:

Booked in for my Pfizer shot. Have to wait until 27th July.

Earliest appointment at our local doctors is mid September- and still only to over 60s

3 minutes ago, nom_de_plume said:

*read in Jimmy Rees' voice*

Why dahhhhhhhhling yes you can! But don't worry, you don't look a day over 43. They'll never suspect you had the AZ ;)

On the other hand everyone looks at me and just knows I have had AZ. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

1 minute ago, Mrs Claus said:

Earliest appointment at our local doctors is mid September- and still only to over 60s

Well that's not good. 

Julie3Girls

As the announcement only came yesterday for Az to anyone, I assume doctor surgeries will still have appts based on their current supplies of vaccine. And wouldn’t have had time to change up their eligibility yet.

Guessing they will increase the supplies of AZ to gps, so might be worth keeping in contact for an earlier appt.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mrs Claus said:

It takes time.  My GP surgery only started up vaccines a couple of months after others did.

It will involve a human at the practice working out when supplies can be made available, and then opening up appointments.  They probably don't know any more than we do at the moment.

• Like 1

So. Let me get this right. My DD is 18 and she can book in for an AZ vaccine right? Our GP has available appointments tomorrow and Friday.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ballogo said:

So. Let me get this right. My DD is 18 and she can book in for an AZ vaccine right? Our GP has available appointments tomorrow and Friday.

Have they got an online questionnaire?  I just tried for my daughter out of curiosity and it won't accept an appointment for a first AZ for her.

Obviously they only found out themselves that they can jab anyone over 18 at the same time as us, so it may just take time for their system to catch up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bornagirl said:

Have they got an online questionnaire?  I just tried for my daughter out of curiosity and it won't accept an appointment for a first AZ for her.

Obviously they only found out themselves that they can jab anyone over 18 at the same time as us, so it may just take time for their system to catch up.

Just called our clinic - DD18 booked for a GP consult.  Then she can book for an AZ.  She's booked for a GP consult today at 1:30pm so we hope the Friday AZ appointments will still be available because after that there are no appointments at our clinic until August.

• Like 4

LemonMyrtle
1 hour ago, Mrs Claus said:

for AZ? That’s ages away. 

This is why they are giving aged care staff until September to get vaccinated. Eligibility does not equal access. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LemonMyrtle said:

for AZ? That’s ages away. 

This is why they are giving aged care staff until September to get vaccinated. Eligibility does not equal access. 

Especially in the country - with the exception of the places big enough to be called cities, it's a day off work to get vaccinated, if you choose to travel to one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ballogo said:

Just called our clinic - DD18 booked for a GP consult.  Then she can book for an AZ.  She's booked for a GP consult today at 1:30pm so we hope the Friday AZ appointments will still be available because after that there are no appointments at our clinic until August.

Good news.

My daughter's till in bed, recovering, but I've got the clinic site open ready to jump on a cancellation for her GP. 

I wonder if the GPs will do it at the same time, under the circumstances.  I guess not or it will get chaotic with their supply calculations etc.

5 minutes ago, Ballogo said:

That’s crazy.  What state are you in?

LemonMyrtle

Ooh, our dr now lists Pfizer as an online appointment choice. Don’t think it’s up and running yet (since all appointments are still available) but they must be setting up for it. That would be so convenient.  They seem to have AZ appointments at the end of July. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Iamferalz said:

That’s crazy.  What state are you in?

Victoria.  Our GP only does AZ two mornings a week.  I couldn't even get an appointment for my 2nd AZ due to them being so full, so I'm surprised there are appointments this week - maybe they were cancellations after the previous announcement making AZ for over 60s? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lesley225 said:

What has happened to all the millions that were supposed to be made in the CSL factory?

They’ll be sent overseas to other countries in need.  

37 minutes ago, Ballogo said:

Victoria.  Our GP only does AZ two mornings a week.  I couldn't even get an appointment for my 2nd AZ due to them being so full, so I'm surprised there are appointments this week - maybe they were cancellations after the previous announcement making AZ for over 60s? 

Ours went from having nothing for a few months, to having lots of cancellations after the 50 - 59 announcement.

They've now pretty much all gone.

purplekitty

The announcement about AZ has been a bit premature.I don't think think the fine details have been worked out.

Prof Kerryn Phelps AM@drkerrynphelps

We are still clarifying the medicolegal situation for GPs giving AstraZeneca vaccine to younger people if something goes wrong. As I understand it, medical indemnity plan is not yet in place and will not be a blanket indemnity

10:51 AM · Jun 29, 2021

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

They’ll be sent overseas to other countries in need.  

But Doctors are still saying they can't get enough here.

8 minutes ago, Lesley225 said:

But Doctors are still saying they can't get enough here.

I think that's changing soon.  I think.

4 minutes ago, RunScottyRun said:

Of course you can, you did not know this?

It only changed yesterday before that under 60s couldn’t have AZ... So it’s hardly surprising some people do not know.  

• Like 7

Just now, Jolly_F said:

It only changed yesterday before that under 60s couldn’t have AZ... So it’s hardly surprising some people do not know.  

It varied depending on each state.  It was always allowed in Qld.  NSW and Vic came up with a waiver to sign.  That’s at the state government managed centres.

The change has come with the Feds being willing to indemnify the GP’s who were unwilling to provide medication against ATAGI guidelines.  

• Like 2

Yeah AZ was never "banned" for younger people in Victoria; it just wasn't recommended. But that tanked its rep so badly that it might as well have been banned. 

Advertisement