IGNORED

COVID vaccine thread #2

Darryl

PocketMacrophobia

WA opened up appointments yesterday so if guess the latest delivery landed and is being distributed?

In WA, booking via the website for a hub, do you just make the second dose appointment when you're having your first dose?

Wonderstruck
23 minutes ago, purpleduck said:

OMG - I just went into my NSW Health vaccine thingy and instead of being glitchy, it actually allowed me to select an appointment time for Pfizer!!! Both doses - first one is next week! Holy shit!

They must have new stock??

I presume not for under 40s etc yet?

Ok - update - we managed to book in our Yr12 kid as well for an appt tomorrow - they then got a call from the pop up clinic saying that these appts should only be for frontline health workers - so appears to be a glitch in their booking system :( They are calling up everyone who isn't eligible the day before to cancel (so I expect a call next week before my booking).

Disappointed and annoyed about this glitch but I guess these things happen. I'd probably be more annoyed if I had shown up and they had refused to administer the shot.

ETA- I feel sorry for the guy having to make these calls. He said there are more bookings than doses right now.

Edited by purpleduck
  • Sad 4

10 minutes ago, purpleduck said:

Ok - update - we managed to book in our Yr12 kid as well for an appt tomorrow - they then got a call from the pop up clinic saying that these appts should only be for frontline health workers - so appears to be a glitch in their booking system :( They are calling up everyone who isn't eligible the day before to cancel (so I expect a call next week before my booking).

Disappointed and annoyed about this glitch but I guess these things happen. I'd probably be more annoyed if I had shown up and they had refused to administer the shot.

Do try the Hot Doc route. On the Vic thread someone was saying that a priority group person couldn't get an appointment, and I found a cancellation in their area for the next day.

You'll at least find the GP clinics that are doing Pfizer, or AZ for under 60s.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Darryl said:

2nd Pfizer done!  And I got a milky way.

Did they test your blood sugars on the way out? 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Bornagirl said:

Did they test your blood sugars on the way out? 🤣

It was only a "fun sized" one.  I think the full sized ones are more fun, personally.

• Haha 10

Just now, Darryl said:

It was only a "fun sized" one.  I think the full sized ones are more fun, personally.

Yeah "fun sized" is a misnomer if ever I heard one.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PocketMacrophobia said:

In WA, booking via the website for a hub, do you just make the second dose appointment when you're having your first dose?

The nurse booked it straight after they gave me the shot. They were asking questions and ticking boxes, then gave the shot, booked the appointment and then sent me to the waiting room. It was quick and efficient (local hub at local hospital). The 2nd dose was similar and I got confirmation I’d been full vaccinated via a my gov email as I was sitting in the waiting room. 

PocketMacrophobia
1 minute ago, CrankyM said:

The nurse booked it straight after they gave me the shot. They were asking questions and ticking boxes, then gave the shot, booked the appointment and then sent me to the waiting room. It was quick and efficient (local hub at local hospital). The 2nd dose was similar and I got confirmation I’d been full vaccinated via a my gov email as I was sitting in the waiting room. 

Thank you! Hopefully it's the same where I go 😊

Fruitmincepies
15 minutes ago, PocketMacrophobia said:

I had mine at a WA hub - they were booking people in during the 15 minute wait. However when I went back for my second they weren’t doing this I seem to recall (but I was a bit distracted). 

• Thanks 1

Rainbowbear
1 hour ago, PocketMacrophobia said:

I got mine and they sent and e-mail while I was doing my 15 min wait with a link to book the second appt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PocketMacrophobia said:

WA opened up appointments yesterday so if guess the latest delivery landed and is being distributed?

At the hub, after your first appointment, while you are waiting your 15 minutes you get emailed a link to book your second.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mooguru said:

Yeah "fun sized" is a misnomer if ever I heard one.

That’s it! SloMo can offer everyone a full sized chocolate bar or a lollipop for getting vaccinated. 🍫🍭 but I’d bet he’d even stuff up that rollout.

How about free coffins for those whom don’t vaccinate and die from Covid! ⚰️⚰️

you choose ladies and gentlemen. Do you want a lollipop 🍭 & your life or a free coffin ⚰️ Even better by choosing not to vaccinate you could make your loved one’s eligible for a free coffin ⚰️ as well!

act now for your free lollipop or don’t act and once you or a loved one dies you will get your free coffin ⚰️ *delivery not included but charged at $2000

• Like 2

Pigeonpairplusone

Ugh I was supposed to get my 1st Pfizer on Saturday (Qld) got a message last night saying it needs to be rescheduled as staff are isolating after a positive case visited last week. They are operating on a skeleton staff & prioritising 2nd jabs. 

• Sad 2

Had my first Pfizer on Tuesday, slightly sore near the injection site and I was really tired yesterday, looking forward to the second one on the 24th! 

In and out in 20 minutes(15 mins waiting time after) park right outside the door at the GP. And a sticker! 

Bought my own lollipop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spidey_Senses

Got my second Pfizer  (delayed as we were in quarantine).   DH is in a few days.  Hoping for no issues, we have too much going on for me to go down sick. 

• Like 1

Chillipeppers

Guys I still don’t have an updated immunization history statement. I really am starting to worry now. What have I done, I was worried about going to cabramatta for this reason and now it’s happening. What if they didn’t take down the details of what was given to me?

Edited by Chillipeppers
  • Sad 1

Seayork2002
1 minute ago, Darryl said:

Mild headache, fatigue and chills today - 18 hours after my second jab.

Still 100% worth it though!

Yeah dh had very mild symptoms then was back to normal a couple of days after the jab, well as normal as he can be that is 😀

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chillipeppers said:

Guys I still don’t have an updated immunization history statement. I really am starting to worry now. What have I done, I was worried about going to cabramatta for this reason and now it’s happening. What if they didn’t take down the details of what was given to me?

Apparently there is a form  you have to fill out.  DId you get anything in writing?  THere was a story in the paper today about people's immunisation records being incorrect.  

But some of them are way behind in updating it.  

I had my second Pfizer yesterday.  Today I have been bleeding, it's either spotting or an early period.  I have heard about this side effect anecdotally but it has not been publicised so I wanted to share it here. Would have been very scary had I not known about it!

• Like 6

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-05/spc-first-australia-company-to-mandate-covid-vaccine-staff/100351492

so SPC is mandating vaccinations giving employees 6 weeks to have an appointment booked.

I think they’ve gone too early,  the other thing in regards to AZ is that mandating that people get vaccinated whilst the preferred vaccine for under 60s is in short supply is that it feels like coerced consent.

aged care workers are eligible for Pfizer and I’m guessing that if they have an appointment booked they’ll still be allowed to work past the deadline  so to me the mandate feels different

3 minutes ago, caitiri said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-05/spc-first-australia-company-to-mandate-covid-vaccine-staff/100351492

so SPC is mandating vaccinations giving employees 6 weeks to have an appointment booked.

I think they’ve gone too early,  the other thing in regards to AZ is that mandating that people get vaccinated whilst the preferred vaccine for under 60s is in short supply is that it feels like coerced consent.

aged care workers are eligible for Pfizer and I’m guessing that if they have an appointment booked they’ll still be allowed to work past the deadline  so to me the mandate feels different

Yeah, I saw that.

They are saying 'by November' which is pretty tight for AZ.  They also say that anyone whose doctor doesn't approve of it for them will be fine.  So I guess if you're under 60, you see your doctor and go from there.

That does tend to assume people in  Shepparton can get to see a GP (if they have one) in the right time frame. It's not a situation where you can pop into a bulk billing clinic and chat to anyone.  Even where I am, with our clinic always happy to see our daughter same day for asthma, it's a two week wait for an appointment with her own GP.   Because I'm in front of the computer (a luxury most don't have) I'm able to sit her and click refresh quite frequently, to catch the regular cancellations - but cancellations which get snapped up very quickly.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.

• Like 1

Advertisement