IGNORED

NSW Home schooling / learning from home

Gracie1978

Zoom wouldn’t connect and Lowest common multiples did me in today. I honestly can’t remember why they even need to know it. Both kids now a bit nervous about actually going back. We have found our groove at home (apart from the actual “learning” bit) and now have to remember how to get going early in the mornings. 

• Like 1
  • Care 1

5 minutes ago, MoukMouk said:

Zoom wouldn’t connect and Lowest common multiples did me in today. I honestly can’t remember why they even need to know it. Both kids now a bit nervous about actually going back. We have found our groove at home (apart from the actual “learning” bit) and now have to remember how to get going early in the mornings. 

Yes. We are going to struggle big time with getting ready and to school on time! We haven’t been getting into the school work for the day until 10am ish, and even then I’m often rushing to brush DD’s hair before her class zoom call!!

• Like 3

Our online classes haven’t started until 11am .. I have no idea how I’m going to get Dd17 and dd15 up and at school by 8:45. Going to be a shock to the system.

• Like 1

MintyBiscuit
45 minutes ago, blueshoe said:

Yes. We are going to struggle big time with getting ready and to school on time! We haven’t been getting into the school work for the day until 10am ish, and even then I’m often rushing to brush DD’s hair before her class zoom call!!

We’re meant to brush hair for zoom calls? 🤣

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, MintyBiscuit said:

We’re meant to brush hair for zoom calls? 🤣

DD and I have reached a compromise during lockdown… her hair has to be done at least every second day. I spend a lot of time suddenly remembering and reminding her “We really need to brush your hair today!” And then forgetting again… then remembering 2 minutes before zoom when she has a halo of frizz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems to have been a slow start to the term.  My 11 year old son seems to have spent most of his schooling hours on Youtube this so far.

He's still now chewing his lunch so he can get back to the computer quicker.  It's painful to watch.

Not Escapin Xmas

Poor DD10 had a meltdown this arvo. She wasn't feeling great (food intolerances that we're not quite on top of). I suggested she do some easy stuff. Went downstairs after my next meeting to find her crying on the couch because she felt too sick to do anything and guilty because she hadn't done anything and anxious because 'everyone thinks she's smart but what if she's not really?'

I think she's extremely anxious about going back to school as well. 1st November seemed like a long time away but 25 October is 'this month' IYKWIM.

So tricky to balance work and kid. I take my hat off to anyone who balances work and kidS!!

• Sad 1

Advertisement