IGNORED

NSW Support Thread #3

Ozgirl

7 minutes ago, MintyBiscuit said:

Dr Chant was asked this I think Monday? She mentioned the pharmacies should have a number to call to order more, and it’s the feds who supply the pharmacies. 

Chester Hill, Bankstown, Padstow etc, I’d consider all of them Western or South Western Sydney. And there was mention earlier this week of plans for more pharmacies to come online. 

I can't see anything in Blacktown LGA though? 

Everlasting

Priceline at The Ponds will be offering both vaccines soon. The Ponds is one of the more expensive and advantaged areas of Blacktown LGA.

Michelle Rowland (federal ALP member) has been petitioning federal government for more walk in vaccination hubs in Blacktown.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Everlasting said:

Priceline at The Ponds will be offering both vaccines soon. The Ponds is one of the more expensive and advantaged areas of Blacktown LGA.

Michelle Rowland (federal ALP member) has been petitioning federal government for more walk in vaccination hubs in Blacktown.

The Ponds has had contact exposure sites too. The more places it's accessible, the better. Especially if it's available outside of traditional working hours. After hours clinics would be great too.

• Like 5

Everlasting
16 minutes ago, Mrs Zee said:

The Ponds has had contact exposure sites too. The more places it's accessible, the better. Especially if it's available outside of traditional working hours. After hours clinics would be great too.

Yes, they have just had their first two cases (of this outbreak) this week. But it is not well linked to the rest of the LGA by public transport, so I hope some other locations in Blacktown LGA are being planned for the vaccine rollout.

• Like 4

I think I heard them mention plans of a drive through planned for Stanhope Gardens and somewhere else further north of Stanhope Gardens, but nothing towards Blacktown.

• Like 3

MintyBiscuit
1 hour ago, Mrs Zee said:

My post was made in response to western Sydney, not specific to Blacktown LGA? But in terms of Blacktown specifically there is a vaccination hub at the hospital and GPs offering it. Walk ins might take longer, the Liverpool LGA ones only started this week 

Everlasting
16 minutes ago, BECZ said:

I think I heard them mention plans of a drive through planned for Stanhope Gardens and somewhere else further north of Stanhope Gardens, but nothing towards Blacktown.

Hopefully not in the hell that is the carpark of the Stanhope Gardens shopping centre. Maybe at the pool/library carpark?

• Like 2

Just now, Mooguru said:

Just awful.

I think it also shows the way dr chant looks at privacy as very important. I’d not imagined the possibility of it being a partner from her words. 

• Like 8

MintyBiscuit

@Greatmum just further to yesterday with HSC students and vaccines, this article seems to indicate those either studying OR living in one of the impacted LGAs will be eligible. Principals have been asked for the student details today  https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/nsw-health-asks-schools-for-student-details-as-vaccination-bookings-set-to-open-20210804-p58fsw.html  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, riotproof said:

I think it also shows the way dr chant looks at privacy as very important. I’d not imagined the possibility of it being a partner from her words. 

Yes that's one of the things that I really like about Dr Chant.

It hit home how much I admire that when I watched a particular presser in another state where a covid positive individual's age, suburb, family make up, place of work, type of job role, job roles and workplaces of family members were all discussed to an extent many people would be able to identify them. 

Edit to add the tone of blame in that presser was appalling which is why is sticks in mind

Edited by Mooguru
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Zee said:

Or Penrith, St Mary's, Mt. Druitt, Marsden Park/Schofields or Rouse Hill way.  All those new estates teeming with people.

What I'm shirty about is 3 walk-in clinics in 1 suburb and 2 in the suburb next door, and no walk-ins from there heading west.  It's 35kms from there to Penrith - 35kms of not one walk-in clinic!

Piss poor planning. And they want to get people vaccinated.  Pfft!

Edited by Tinsel
  • Like 2

Advertisement