IGNORED

Australian Survivor 2021 - Brains v Brawn

Dusty

I wonder if George was abit off his game due to his family arriving and his head wasn't in it at the final tribal?  I liked that he wanted to give back to his family who had given to him

I had warmed to George over the season but he is very much a man child.  Needs to become independent and grow up - realise that being a political operative is not even close to real life.

• Like 4

Hayley has played a far better game across the season and she was much better at jury management and reading the jury, especially in the FTC. George’s arrogance was a massive part of his downfall.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Ozgirl said:

Gosh, the jury werent very smart with their questions. And not everyone asked one? 

I think Wai was forgotten as usual. 

The Brawn contenders couldn't get past that is not just about being physical. 

Nor that Survivor is all about lying! 

Edited by lazycritter
  • Like 1

Hayley met all the criteria, George didn't. He could have said I dropped out of physical challenges as I knew my time was better spent on the sidelines strategising with the people getting out - which it looked like he did in a few challenges. Instead,  he didn't really answer. Hayley gave much better answers.

I wanted George to win the prize for his parents,  and he deserved to win for being behind so many moves but Hayley deserved it more for meeting the entire brief and for her adaptability. 

• Like 4

I wanted George to win and thought he played a better game, but agree his jury speak did him no favours.  He has such a smart mind but probably is lacking in people skills.  Look how much he annoyed everyone early on.

so I missed it live last night and was stuck watching it later on the iPad.  Was there a reunion special afterwards?  Could not find it on ten play, but I need this reunion for closure!

• Like 2

I was happy it was those 2 at the end they were both great players. I think Hayley deserved the win with the way she answered the questions at to the jury, I really loved that she clearly explained all her decisions and didn't shy away from the fact that she was looking after herself first always 

• Like 4

The Brawn people showed all the reasons they ended up on the jury. George should have pointed out the obvious things - it's outplay OR outwit OR outlast, not outplay, outwit AND outlast. Sometimes just outlast is enough. Some winners have ridden coattails all the way and never won a single challenge. And outplay doesn't have to be physical. Even Wai outplayed them all sometimes and she completely gave up on challenges too, but if she'd got to the end with George she might have had a chance because so many resented George. Just like Hayley wouldn't have won if she took Flick, even though she was a way better player than Flick. They didn't really respect gameplay, just physical challenges. Hence, bench. 

George and Hayley both deserved it. I was happy for either to win. I liked Hayley less because I think she's essentially a colder person than George, but she played well. Neither of them were my preferred winners but both of them certainly outwitted, outplayed and outlasted everyone else. 

PS. Andrew was a scream with his petulant face

Edited by pelagic
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Advertisement