IGNORED

Australian Survivor 2021 - Brains v Brawn

Dusty

The finding of the Idols.......does anyone else feel it is staged? Why is it that there is always a camera that shows us where it is and then by some amazing stroke of luck it is found by the exact person they have followed.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, STBG 2 said:

The finding of the Idols.......does anyone else feel it is staged? Why is it that there is always a camera that shows us where it is and then by some amazing stroke of luck it is found by the exact person they have followed.

Makes me wonder!

1 hour ago, STBG 2 said:

No.  How about Baden searching for his idol and then George finding it?

• Like 1

I'm not sure what I thought about tonight's episode - a bit sad to see Mitch go but it's always better to be voted out because you're a threat than people don't like you or you're the weakest link!

How can two of my least favourite players find idols?  And then two idols?  I think my entire household heard me shouting at the screen.

Some of George's lines tonight - I wanted to puke!!!

And the worst part was when Andrew was commenting on how it's just a game and George feigned a yawn of boredom and interrupted.

I had to laugh at Mitch's parting line in his final confessional at the end of the show.

• Like 3

I am so frustrated by the Brawn bias to the challenges. When brains are involved, Brains tend to win, but when it's basically an entirely physical challenge, Brawn wins. Well, they should. That's why they are Brawn. It just seems so unfair. Where's an entirely Brains oriented challenge? It annoys me a lot.

I so wish they had voted Emmett off instead of Gavin. And I really didn't want Mitch to go. I want George gone. I don't really have a favourite.

The comments about the idol finding above are interesting - I asked DH tonight if maybe there were people scrambling around hiding them so that particular people would find them. The whole series seems a bit contrived. But I'm enjoying it. Always love a Survivor season.

• Like 5

SillySausage
20 hours ago, Bucket said:

I am so frustrated by the Brawn bias to the challenges. When brains are involved, Brains tend to win, but when it's basically an entirely physical challenge, Brawn wins. Well, they should. That's why they are Brawn. It just seems so unfair. Where's an entirely Brains oriented challenge? It annoys me a lot.

I so wish they had voted Emmett off instead of Gavin. And I really didn't want Mitch to go. I want George gone. I don't really have a favourite.

The comments about the idol finding above are interesting - I asked DH tonight if maybe there were people scrambling around hiding them so that particular people would find them. The whole series seems a bit contrived. But I'm enjoying it. Always love a Survivor season.

YES!!  I'm so frustrated by the brawn-heavy challenges!  Why promote the series as brawn vs brain if you don't have equal challenges?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lazycritter said:

I'm sooooo relieved that Cara got to go to the brawn tribe!!!!!!! 

Me too! Next ep’s challenge will be interesting when the Brains see her 

• Like 3

lazycritter

Yes!

I'm quite sick of joey, he talked too much at the other camp which was annoying. Also   the smirk on Georgia's face is doing my head in. 

• Like 1

Just finished watching it on catch up and I think I have bitten my nails down to nothing!  What a roller coaster episode right through to that terrible tribal council!

Good on you Rachel!  I love what she was trying to say (go teachers!!!) and it really showed the rest of the tribe what George is really like - just a big baby!!

Grrr to the brawn heavy challenges - seriously!  Why call it Brains vs Brawns when it isn't?  I seriously couldn't watch the second challenge.  I mean, how unfair?  

George is just a big baby.  It's like talking to some of my students who are still learning to navigate social situations - his go to is to be rude or stomp off and sulk! So many quotable quotes tonight but my favourite, "What made me join the Labour party was the dream of Survivor?"  I'm so confused 😕.

Seriously Cara - you are so nice.  Too nice!  I'm so pleased you were given another opportunity!  But she is much nicer than me because there is no way I would have played my idol for George.

And Wai - I loved her come backs to George.  Measured.  Respectful.  Yet really smart.  It will be interesting to see how far she can go.  And I loved her trying so hard not to do the puzzle from the sidelines.  I also loved how she immediately apologised to the tribe after the reward challenge.  Then there were crickets - no way was George going to take any responsibility for how slow he was.

Okay - I think I got all of that out of my system!!

• Like 6

I feel some of George's behaviours quite concerning, I am not sure Survivor is the place for him to be. 

Joey is just a child, he reminds me of my son at age 15 and Georgia's smirk was seriously too much. I wonder whether these people ever wonder what the impact of being seen warts and all will be on their careers. 

The puzzles are pretty easy really but the physical stuff is hard. Brawn versus Brain has never been something I have enjoyed.

• Like 1

ArabellaKagical

I think most of the people will be all right, most employers realise its a reality show and its unlikely to be their standard everyday behaviour, they might even consider it to be a bonus - it takes a lot to get on these shows - if they can handle the application process and doing the show itself - they can probably can handle a lot in their career as well. 

The constestants also know they are on a reality show and likely know tactics they may use in this artificial environment aren't going to fly in their real life and are likely to not treat their workplace or their home as if they were still on survivor.

• Like 1

just a few observations about George...

He really needs to work on his social interaction skills.

He gets defensive very very easily.

He doesn't take losing well.

He has issues working with a team.

He takes everything personally.

• Like 3

lazycritter

Joey sucks

Wai is stupid.

So stupid. Why the hell would she think she wasn't disposable and she's just playing following the leader. She's not playing the game.  Or she'd come out swinging today. 

Edited by lazycritter
  • Like 2

lazycritter

I'm the odd one out I think.  I like George.  He sticks out like a sore thumb but he doesn't suck up to people. 

He's different but I like that. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, lazycritter said:

I'm the odd one out I think.  I like George.  He sticks out like a sore thumb but he doesn't suck up to people. 

He's different but I like that. 

I don't mind George, he gives me a bit of a giggle.

Best blindside tonight!

• Like 3

I was very frustrated by the very physical reward challenge.  And I really disliked the taunting by the Brawn tribe - not in the spirit of the game.  So it was very pleasing to see Brains win it over Brawn and see them enjoy their BBQ.

Also to see something unpredictable tonight- go Hayley.  That will change the dynamics because now Hayley, Baden, Wai, Rachel and George have the power.  It places Andrew, Laura and Georgia in an interesting position. 

But did you see George pushing Hayley out of the way during the scramble for the idol?  I still don't like him.  Interesting to see Wai surviving this far!

• Like 2

The blindside makes the game interesting but how many times is George going to slip through? He needs to be gone, he’s such an arrogant jerk. He was so rude to Wai.

• Like 1

Advertisement