IGNORED

VIC support thread #6

Darryl

magic_marker
6 minutes ago, BKK said:

I’ve never been a fan of delta Goodrum. Now I like her even less.

To like her is definitely a strain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I could do with a Baileys, or a G&T 😫

DS came home from daycare complaining that his arm was sore, wouldn't use it at all and wouldn't let us touch it. He said he was jumping off the play equipment and fell down. He ended up hysterical he was so upset about it. Wrist looked a bit swollen, and he said it "hurts inside". DH has taken him to Box Hill ED which he's said is packed. They're still waiting in triage, been there half an hour. 

DS broke his leg in February this year (also from falling off play equipment!) so now I'm stressing that there's some sinister underlying cause 😖

• Crying 6
  • Sad 4

magic_marker
1 minute ago, Beanette said:

I could do with a Baileys, or a G&T 😫

DS came home from daycare complaining that his arm was sore, wouldn't use it at all and wouldn't let us touch it. He said he was jumping off the play equipment and fell down. He ended up hysterical he was so upset about it. Wrist looked a bit swollen, and he said it "hurts inside". DH has taken him to Box Hill ED which he's said is packed. They're still waiting in triage, been there half an hour. 

DS broke his leg in February this year (also from falling off play equipment!) so now I'm stressing that there's some sinister underlying cause 😖

2 broken bones in 6 months. Yep, my mind would be questioning it. I know kids have accidents, but 2 broken bones. Nup

Just now, magic_marker said:

2 broken bones in 6 months. Yep, my mind would be questioning it. I know kids have accidents, but 2 broken bones. Nup

The leg break was actually both bones in his lower leg, two fractures 😥

DH is an endocrinologist in training and is freaking out about DS' bone health and vitamin D right now. Very stressful. 

I hope it's just a sprain 🙏

• Worried 2
  • Crying 3

30 minutes ago, LemonMyrtle said:

And it’s not Melbourne they need to worry about. They’re a lot closer to Sydney than we are. 

Well not really :)  

LemonMyrtle
3 minutes ago, STBG 2 said:

Well not really :)  

You’re right, I was thinking of Albury/wodonga. Still, they’re closer to NSW. :) 

Edited by LemonMyrtle
Cause I don’t know my Albry from my wodonga
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Beanette said:

DH is an endocrinologist in training and is freaking out about DS' bone health and vitamin D right now. Very stressful. 

I don't know if this helps but my very healthy and strong 32 year old had his first fracture at 11 months ( lower tib and fib) and his second at age 3 ( his wrist ) and since then he has has 4 more which includes jaw, wrist and 2 lots of metacarpals. He was just super clumsy but he grew out of it.

Hoping he is just like our boy x

Edited by STBG 2
efs
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, MsLaurie said:

Hmmm it’s definitely possible that there was a screw up but it seems decidedly convenient that someone who was interstate was the one to get incorrect advice! Ah well. 

Very true, I'm sceptical.

It's happened before though, and the person is probably identifiable fairly easily, so I'd prefer to hold my fire.

4 minutes ago, indi said:

I must have missed something...what did Delta do/say?

I've only just got it myself - pretty much the same as Delta airlines I think - have the gall to use that name for themselves.

Didn't they know that in 2020 their name would come back to haunt them.

8 hours ago, indi said:

I must have missed something...what did Delta do/say?

She’s just so ummm. Perfect. She’s such a goodie goodie. She’s irritating. Her music is so boring. She’s so fake. She’s a wet fish.  I just want her to come out with a crack addiction and show some real flaws or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BKK said:

She’s just so ummm. Perfect. She’s such a goodie goodie. She’s irritating. Her music is so boring. She’s so fake. She’s a wet fish.  I just want her to come out with a crack addiction and show some real flaws or something.

Oh, so it's not because she's called Delta?  ha ha

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Beanette said:

How are you all doing?

• Love 1

I feel for Delta. I am not really a follower but I think she is just a nice person who actually does a lot of good in the community and one who has had a pretty tough life growing up who now has a deadly virus that has been given her name.

I think she'd be less concerned about the virus having her name than the fact she has attracted this negative attention through no fault of her own.

• Like 12

I think the case numbers might rise over the next few days as they do the day 11 tests for mcg contacts but hopefully it comes back down after that and we can finish lockdown next Tuesday as planned.

• Like 4

VeritasVinumArte

I am not concerned over the numbers as such it us the “in isolation the whole time” we need to get to 100% of cases.

So mentioned at the end of the other thread, DD and I got tested about 4.30pm yesterday at Brighton GolfDrive Through. Test results back negative at 6am. Neither of us at exposure sites or anything (needing to be fast tracked). 

• Like 7

Lorem ipsum

Good news, the ABC is reporting that the under investigation case from yesterday has been linked to the city of Hume outbreak 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Remember that Delta seems to infect entire households, so ongoing numbers are to be expected. Let's hope they were in isolation. 

• Like 3

Over and out
Just now, Andi said:

Remember that Delta seems to infect entire households, so ongoing numbers are to be expected. Let's hope they were in isolation. 

Exactly, it may be just families.

• Like 1

Advertisement