As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

VIC support thread #6

Darryl

ContentedFleur

I'm glad the cases today are all linked, my worry levels would shoot through the ceiling if there were mystery ones! I do hope, as pps said, that they're households. I suppose we'll just have to wait for the presser for the details! 

• Like 1

LemonMyrtle

22 is more than I was expecting.

DH has to get tested for tier 2 exposure. Possible train overlap. (It’s hard to narrow down what train he was on and the case was on)
he doesn’t want to get tested, says he feels fine, and it was a week ago. But Im insisting. As a younger person with partial vaccination he could be non symptomatic. We haven’t been anywhere for days, so if he is positive the contact tracing will be maybe 2 lines, lol. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

VeritasVinumArte

@LemonMyrtle don’t forget the Qld person was fully Pfizer vaccinated and I would be assuming felt fine when they were travelling all over the place.

• Like 1

I was guessing 15ish new ones from the number and geographic spread of new exposure sites over the last 24hrs. So another 7ish from households wouldn’t be unexpected. Will be interesting to see the split later… hopefully lower on the newbies!!

LemonMyrtle
4 minutes ago, VeritasVinumArte said:

@LemonMyrtle don’t forget the Qld person was fully Pfizer vaccinated and I would be assuming felt fine when they were travelling all over the place.

Well now he says he was definitely on a different train. So it’s just a tier 3 for him now. 

• Like 1

To be fair to that chick in QLD (who could well be dodgy) I know a couple of people from the Ms Frankie's cluster and they've heard *nothing*. Crickets. More than a week later! Well ok not more than a week from it becoming known, but since they were there. They're doing the right thing because they're conscientious people, but this has well and truly burst my bubble re the Dept of Health. I assumed they were doing heaps to manage this and for this group at least, they're doing absolute fuck all.

• Like 2

Just now, VeritasVinumArte said:

I am a bad confession to make. My Daughter’s Annual Music concert was cancelled (due to lockdown) and now my Son’s one has been cancelled too. I am a bad mum because I am dancing with joy inside that I don’t have to get kids during peak hour to the place for 5pm for the kids, then Concert starts 7pm-9pm and then you have to wait while they corrall the kids and then check your kid out from the homeroom teacher which can take another 45 minutes and finally get out of the car park so you don’t actually get home until well after 11pm. I am happy they are cancelled.

We all have shit we're happy that lockdown stopped us from doing! 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, VeritasVinumArte said:

I am a bad confession to make. My Daughter’s Annual Music concert was cancelled (due to lockdown) and now my Son’s one has been cancelled too. I am a bad mum because I am dancing with joy inside that I don’t have to get kids during peak hour to the place for 5pm for the kids, then Concert starts 7pm-9pm and then you have to wait while they corrall the kids and then check your kid out from the homeroom teacher which can take another 45 minutes and finally get out of the car park so you don’t actually get home until well after 11pm. I am happy they are cancelled.

The best thing about the long lockdown was that book week dress up day was cancelled. A little part of me is hopeful similar will happen this year. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, VeritasVinumArte said:

Ye gods I remember the days.

My daughter for a couple of years did jazz, tap, ballet & contemporary dance. The classes wen't so bad, they were back to back two nights a week after school, I actually got more work done.

But dear god, getting her to the rehearsals spread over four different dance types, then the performances over three different concerts, at my busiest time of the year ...

• Like 2

VeritasVinumArte

@BornToLove our bookweek dress up day last year was rescheduled to term 4. That one I am looking forward to as DD is grade 6 and it will be my last. DD has already prepared her costume (prepares 6m out) as she really looks forward to book week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

We all have shit we're happy that lockdown stopped us from doing! 

Like small talk at school pick-ups (maybe that's just me 😆)

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Zeppelina said:

Like small talk at school pick-ups (maybe that's just me 😆)

That's why I love the school bus! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bornagirl said:

How are you all doing?

They got home around 1130 last night, DS has a green stick fracture in his wrist. Fortunately no cast, he just has a brace to wear and we can take it off for baths. 3 weeks in the brace, then 3 more weeks of no rough play. 

I've made a GP appointment for later in the week to see if we should do anything to investigate two fractures in six months, hopefully nothing to worry about 😬

He's at home with me today and very happy. We're making biscuits then watching Frozen. I'm hoping he might have a little sleep while that's on  🤞

• Like 14

Sugarplum Poobah
5 hours ago, BKK said:

She’s just so ummm. Perfect. She’s such a goodie goodie. She’s irritating. Her music is so boring. She’s so fake. She’s a wet fish.  I just want her to come out with a crack addiction and show some real flaws or something.

Does having cancer when she was 18 count...?

• Like 3

Ilovethebeach
13 minutes ago, Beanette said:

They got home around 1130 last night, DS has a green stick fracture in his wrist. Fortunately no cast, he just has a brace to wear and we can take it off for baths. 3 weeks in the brace, then 3 more weeks of no rough play. 

I've made a GP appointment for later in the week to see if we should do anything to investigate two fractures in six months, hopefully nothing to worry about 😬

He's at home with me today and very happy. We're making biscuits then watching Frozen. I'm hoping he might have a little sleep while that's on  🤞

Beanette I have trouble with vit d so take prescribed mega dose with calcium citrate. If there is any issue with your son (probably not) its very easily treated x

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ilovethebeach said:

I know this Murdoch but Scottys back to the no it's not my fault/responsibility line again, man he's like Teflon 

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/scott-morrison-hits-back-on-adelaide-radio-over-vaccine-rollout-lockdown-blame/news-story/21a177fa1589ef7b2d00720b7da74065

He told Fox fm this morning that our vaccination rates are low because people aren’t concerned about catching Covid 😡

• Surprised 2
  • Angry 6

24 minutes ago, Zeppelina said:

Anyone seen a time for the presser?

Yep ABC main channel any minute. News channel staying with NSW. 

• Like 1

Advertisement