IGNORED

VIC support thread #6

Darryl

1 hour ago, VeritasVinumArte said:

Diamond Creek and St Andrew’s exposure sites up… so a person or 2 not isolated

Oh no, I am in Diamond Creek.  I was worried when I saw two in Hurstbridge.

ETA It's the Coles that I go to regularly.  I usually, very conscientious about QR coding, but I have sometimes forgotten, and I can't remember if I was there at that time...  I have been known to do last minute dinner shopping.

Think we should all get tested anyway...

Edited by sange
Extra info.
  • Like 2
  • Worried 1
  • Crying 1
  • Sad 1

Yikes nearly 30k primary or secondary contacts in isolation.  Hooley dooley.

16 of the 22 in full isolation during infectious period.

Edited by Bornagirl
  • Like 5
  • Surprised 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sange said:

Oh no, I am in Diamond Creek.  I was worried when I saw two in Hurstbridge.

ETA It's the Coles that I go to regularly.  I usually, very conscientious about QR coding, but I have sometimes forgotten, and I can't remember if I was there at that time...  I have been known to do last minute dinner shopping.

Think we should all get tested anyway...

Check your google timeline, should show you if you were there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indi said:

Check your google timeline, should show you if you were there.

Do you have to set that up (completely clueless here).

For those who haven't heard, the Services Vic app is being updated with the ability to look up your previous QR history.

NSW has had it for a while, I believe.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Bornagirl said:

For those who haven't heard, the Services Vic app is being updated with the ability to look up your previous QR history.

TBH I can't remember if I purposely set it up, it's just been on for years.  I assume it is automatic if you have location turned on.

14 minutes ago, Bornagirl said:

Oh that's good. Dan was asked about it at the presser yesterday and he said he'd look into it. 

• Like 1

#breaking
VICTORIA - (BUSINESS SUPPORT / COVID UPDATE)
21-07-2021
=========
22 NEW LOCAL CASES
-->16 OF 22 IN QUARANTINE
--> 6 PARTIAL
(Half of today’s cases are household contacts of primary close contacts)
--> 73% OF CASES AT CURRENT HAVE BEEN FULLY ISOLATING
More than 28,000 Victorians in isolation as primary or secondary close contacts
BREAKDOWN
=========
5 -TRINTY GRAMMAR (1 STAFF, 2 STUDENTS, 2 HOUSEHOLD)
5 -MISS FRANKIES (2 STAFF, 1 PATRON, 2 HOUSEHOLD)
3 -YOUNG AND JACKSON 
3 -ST PATRICKS MURRUMBEENA (2 STUDENTS,1 HOUSEHOLD)
2 -AAMI PARK (SEATED 2 ROWS OF INDEX CASE)
2 -BACCHUS MARSH GRAMMAR
1 -WEST GATE TUNNEL
1 -NORTHERN SUBURBS (LINKED TO COOLAROO CLUSTER)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

LemonMyrtle

Took the kids for maccas drive through and a park visit. There are 4 mums and their kids here, having a nice chat, no masks. And they didn’t meet by chance cause they were all talking loudly about what a good idea it was to meet at the park 

idiots.

At least their white runners were ruined by the mud. Amateurs, I wore my gumboots. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

VeritasVinumArte

I set up google maps to follow me back in January with the Black Rock. Google has been stalking me for 6m and will continue to do so until Covid crap is over for good. 

• Like 2

ContentedFleur
17 minutes ago, LemonMyrtle said:

At least their white runners were ruined by the mud. Amateurs, I wore my gumboots. 

The quoted bit made me snort giggle. :D

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, VeritasVinumArte said:

I set up google maps to follow me back in January with the Black Rock. Google has been stalking me for 6m and will continue to do so until Covid crap is over for good. 

Same.

I was worried I wouldn't remember everywhere I had been if I ever needed to check and this is helpful. 

Figure Google has all my data already anyway 🤷‍♀️

Kiwi Bicycle

I still have my trusty diary going as well as QR codes and Google map history. You know if you have it turned on if you get an email monthly of your " travel" highlights telling you places you have been, how much walking, cycling or vechicle distance you have travelled. Normally associated with a Gmail account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackcat20 said:

He told Fox fm this morning that our vaccination rates are low because people aren’t concerned about catching Covid 😡

I can not tell you how much I hate this man. I don't say that word often but that is absolute BS and he knows it.

• Like 5

I didn't realise that Google Maps tracks me even if I am not using it specifically.

I was not at Coles on Friday - phew.  But it is now in our community, first time that I know of for any outbreak.   We are a usually careful community in Diamond Creek, and it has been rather quiet since lockdown - I hope that it will be enough.  

I know how to check my QR code history, but I do sometimes forget to check in as I am a bit scatty at times.  I do mean to be conscientious about it.

• Like 2

magic_marker
2 hours ago, Ilovethebeach said:

I know this Murdoch but Scottys back to the no it's not my fault/responsibility line again, man he's like Teflon 

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/scott-morrison-hits-back-on-adelaide-radio-over-vaccine-rollout-lockdown-blame/news-story/21a177fa1589ef7b2d00720b7da74065

Thinks he's like Teflon. 

More like transparent now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kiwi Bicycle
3 minutes ago, ContentedFleur said:

Oh, for the love of Mike! What is it with the removalists?!?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-21/sydney-removalists-caught-in-mildura/100310504

The industry needs a kick up the butt by the looks of it. Their managing association should be emailing out guidelines and phoning managers to check they understand.  Thank goodness it seems we avoided an issue here. Well done Police for making them get tested.

• Like 1

Word going around is the removalists are also carrying/collecting other "goods".  They're being stood over by certain elements in SW Sydney.

• Like 1
  • Worried 2
  • Surprised 2
  • Sick 1
  • Angry 1

We have been going ok with remote learning/WFH this time but I feel like we have hit the wall a bit today. Yesterday was tough when the extention was announced even though we were expecting it. DS is pretty accepting of it all, but his birthday is on Tuesday so that upset him knowing he will have a second birthday in lockdown. DD tells me she is not coping and I am just running around like a cheerleader/juggler trying to keep everyone's spirits off. 

OK rant over. Fingers crossed we are out of this next week. 

• Sad 1

We are not coping with remote learning either - DS14 went to school today, yesterday was not good all round - thankfully school was amazing and organised onsite learning.  I’m hoping he did ok so he’ll go back for the rest.  This time round I’ve really struggled with the work/family/remote learning juggle and just don’t have the energy for the full on warfare that remote learning brings for DS (severe ADHD and learning difficulties)

• Sad 1

We’ve had troubles with remote learning today too. I made the fools error of letting miss6 watch tv with miss2 after her morning meeting and basically nothing has been managed since.

I’m meant to be doing interviews for HOURS tomorrow and Friday, our most stable wifi is in the main room, Miss2 has a cough and snotty nose so has been off for test eleventy-hundredth and almost certainly won’t be right for daycare… no idea how I’m getting through the next two days.

• Sad 2

I'm struggling with the boredom this time around.  There is so much I could do at home (cleaning wise) but I have ZERO motivation to do it.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Advertisement