As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

VIC support thread #6

Darryl

Over and out
3 minutes ago, BornToLove said:

GB said in her presser yesterday that she would consider easing restrictions once 50% of the population had been vaccinated. I don’t think she specified full/part vaxed or if that was 50% total or adults only. 

Thanks

given her statement the other day of “and we will be open and free before every state because we get vaccinated” it seems she is quite happy for this jus to keep running the way it is.

I was one who felt other states should give vaccines to nsw, after these things and a long talk with an epidemiologist friend last night. We need them here. She had pushed nsw in to its own path and given that we need to get our own vaccinations up just as quickly 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JRA said:

I have not seen the press conference.

when did she say they would open up at 50%. I can’t see that reported anywhere?

thanks

It's being reported in the SMH this morning as their likely roadmap out. They won't completely open at 50% but will start to open - hospitality,  gyms etc (with some restrictions and density limits), even with the local community transmission. She also said this in the presser on Sunday.

She has said the last couple of days that she wants this to be the last lockdown and that vaccination rates not case numbers will determine the easing of restrictions. 

• Worried 2
  • Sad 2

LemonMyrtle
1 hour ago, JRA said:

Thanks

given her statement the other day of “and we will be open and free before every state because we get vaccinated” it seems she is quite happy for this jus to keep running the way it is.

I was one who felt other states should give vaccines to nsw, after these things and a long talk with an epidemiologist friend last night. We need them here. She had pushed nsw in to its own path and given that we need to get our own vaccinations up just as quickly 

Yup, you can’t just vaccinate in isolation. Which is why that useless plan ScoMo waved about actually mentioned that vaccine targets had to be met nationwide, and also at a state level. Otherwise one well vaccinated state will tip the scales unfairly. Especially if it’s NSW cause of their high population.

(Meanwhile, Who knew studying statistics and probability (and failing it twice) at University would finally be so useful?)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zeldazonk said:

It's being reported in the SMH this morning as their likely roadmap out. They won't completely open at 50% but will start to open - hospitality,  gyms etc (with some restrictions and density limits), even with the local community transmission. She also said this in the presser on Sunday.

She has said the last couple of days that she wants this to be the last lockdown and that vaccination rates not case numbers will determine the easing of restrictions. 

In which case I'm glad we didn't send vaccines.  I was in favour of it too, until Martin Foley explained they were all allocated to appointments, many of whom would be 1a & 1b. (He also added any unallocated vaccines should go to NSW.)

If there are going to be ongoing cases, then we'll need fantastic vaccination rates, too.

• Like 3

Wonderstruck

Just jumping in as a Sydneysider who watches the PC daily to say the 50% etc as it's being reported it a bit out of context.

She's trying to drive AZ vaccination and has said that as we reach 50% etc we can look at some of the restrictions but that will also depend on the numbers. 

She got harassed a lot by the journos about when lockdown will end or when restrictions will end and I feel like a lot is being taken out of context. 

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Bornagirl said:

image.thumb.png.2ca6b0f45da89534f811a72dea5a31db.png

I think we've finally got this monkey off our back. First O'Brien, now this, how will we cope?

Can we print this and display widely through his electorate next election?

• Like 8

Lorem ipsum
1 minute ago, caitiri said:

Can we print this and display widely through his electorate next election?

I was just going to say to the Kooyong candidates, - here is your election poster!

• Like 7

Over and out
7 hours ago, Wonderstruck said:

Just jumping in as a Sydneysider who watches the PC daily to say the 50% etc as it's being reported it a bit out of context.

She's trying to drive AZ vaccination and has said that as we reach 50% etc we can look at some of the restrictions but that will also depend on the numbers. 

She got harassed a lot by the journos about when lockdown will end or when restrictions will end and I feel like a lot is being taken out of context. 

I have done some further watching today and reading today and I tend to agree, now

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lorem ipsum said:

I was just going to say to the Kooyong candidates, - here is your election poster!

Preselection is complete for Greens in Kooyong - Julian Burnside not running this time 😕

Hopefully Greens or an Independent can knock of Frydenburg! 

Potentially a strong Labor candidate also up for Higgins (my electorate) so I am hopeful that there could be a big swing. Michael OBrien should be worried 😉

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CCABW said:

If that really is Gladys’ roadmap, she will be signing off on mass deaths. 

Gladys is fortunate, as are we, that 4/5 people over the age of 70 have had at least one vax.

I'd hope the feds got a wake up call when we had our last lockdown (or was it the one before last?) where it got into aged care, and it turned out some places hadn't even had their first visit.

There is now, at least, the Aged Care Response Team.

If we'd had that in the early days last year, and the vaccination levels that exist today, last year would have barely happened.   

For the sake of the people involved, I do hope vaccination levels go sky high in Sydney.  I should imagine that will be held against us at some stage by the feds who've had to admit we were right to keep doing short, sharp lockdown.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beanette said:

Preselection is complete for Greens in Kooyong - Julian Burnside not running this time 😕

Hopefully Greens or an Independent can knock of Frydenburg! 

Potentially a strong Labor candidate also up for Higgins (my electorate) so I am hopeful that there could be a big swing. Michael OBrien should be worried 😉

She is a strong candidate,  Fiona McLeod was arguably stronger, and came with a heck of a lot of campaign funding, reducing Allen’s margin to 3%. Maintaining that 6% swing will be tricky enough for labor, gaining another 3% will be really tough. I’m an optimist though :) 

Let’s hope the good people of Higgins remember the stuff ups at election time. 

• Like 4

Purpleblaze
10 minutes ago, MaryanneK said:

I'm furiously annoyed at Gladys again. It occurred to me as I put my mask on to go for a walk the other day that some of our restrictions are STILL tougher than parts of Sydney - Sydney that apparently has the toughest lockdown ever, while we are supposedly out of lockdown. I put my mask on to walk outside while I was literally hearing her announce compulsory masks outdoors for SOME Sydney areas.....weeks into lockdown! Shock horror, how tough! We're "Out of lockdown" but I still can't see my dad in aged care and my kids school swimming program has been cancelled and I can't have one friend over for dinner...

Plus more to the point - the Sydney situation is totally her fault - if she'd "done a Dan" and locked down hard and fast they could have beaten this. Like we just did. I'm sick of the bullshit about it being different cause delta. Yes delta is hard, that's why we did the lockdown style that worked. Like she could've done if she wasn't so determined to believe Sydney was "better". Now she is trying to totally deflect all blame for her failures onto vaccines. Yes vaccination roll out has been crap and yes widespread Vax will help reduce lockdowns..... But we all controlled delta with no Vax. By locking down properly. She is just shifting the blame. Oh was my lockdown leadership crap ? Look over there! Vaccines are the answer!

I'm pissed off.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I just wonder how much is her fault personally vs the puppet strings of scomo/business/unions etc.  Barely a mention of case numbers but you wouldn't want to do a drinking game of how often she says vaccinations or health advice.  I'm so glad we have a ring of steel around our state given their half hearted measures.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, dianalynch said:

She is a strong candidate,  Fiona McLeod was arguably stronger, and came with a heck of a lot of campaign funding, reducing Allen’s margin to 3%. Maintaining that 6% swing will be tricky enough for labor, gaining another 3% will be really tough. I’m an optimist though :) 

Let’s hope the good people of Higgins remember the stuff ups at election time. 

Oh we remember! 

• Like 4

No new exposure sites this morning.  I think at this stage we'd be told within hours if there was an unexpected positive.

Habits are hard to break, though.

• Like 2

Kiwi Bicycle

I still wake up feeling sacred everyday until the numbers are in. Makes eating breakfast hard as I am nauseous. Been like this for almost 18 months now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

I still wake up feeling sacred everyday until the numbers are in. Makes eating breakfast hard as I am nauseous. Been like this for almost 18 months now.

That's why I look up the exposure sites first thing in the morning.  I figure if there are any, then I'm better prepared for any positives that are not fully in isolation.

• Like 1

Advertisement