IGNORED

Show me your lockdown crafts?

LunaFreya

Anyone managed to do crafts this lockdown? I managed to get a good jump on my 18th century stays but I don’t think they’re supposed to do this 8207972C-9270-45DD-9B14-A7FFA41B42EE.thumb.jpeg.bf4aa5f9b724ecf3730bde34c72660c2.jpeg

• Like 10

They're gorgeous! I have no photos, but have finished the following:

One olive green corduroy skirt using McCalls M7022

One denim skirt using Wendy Ward's A-Line skirt pattern

One floral corduroy skirt using Wendy Ward's A-Line skirt pattern with inverted pleat.

I am also slowly working my way through the ribbing on a Poison Grrls Honey Bop cardi. 

• Like 2

Hills Mum Bec
Just now, Daffy2016 said:

Made a hair tie/bow holder for DD. Got to give my new glue gun a workout!

293BED01-B9F8-4518-9134-FB36E57E550D.jpeg

I love that!

We had 7 day lock down last week here in SA.  Kept myself busy with a diamond dot painting.  Sorry, I don't have a photo.

• Like 1

Blew my weekend playing minecraft but I'm determined this week to get out my card making stuff and try to get creative. Will post piccies when I've actually done something.

• Like 2

Kiwi Bicycle

Something DS and I did with some plain white air dry clay I had opened. They are all Pokemon heads and I painted up a wooden cheese box I saved to glue them too.

20210802_131019.jpg

• Like 11
  • Surprised 1
  • Love 2

MintyBiscuit
1 hour ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

Something DS and I did with some plain white air dry clay I had opened. They are all Pokemon heads and I painted up a wooden cheese box I saved to glue them too.

20210802_131019.jpg

Ooh I might borrow this idea, kiddos adore Pokemon 

Okelydokely

I was hoping to have finished a really cute retro pair of shorts with sushi fabric finished today but they are like bloody parachutes and I’m just not sure the project is going to come together haha. I have stepped away and will come back when I feel less depressed about them lol. But I did manage to make a pair of black overalls and a really cute pinafore in the last few weeks. Technically wasn’t in lockdown at the time but was under restrictions, so wasn’t going out all that much. Also made DD an oodie. That was a PROJECT. So. Much. Fluff. 

E70C16CE-8898-47E4-9636-48605FEB97E0.jpeg

F310BB9B-E573-496B-9C47-6301E4BED78A.jpeg

3BC8F3CD-10EB-4F92-AB06-88B7394A949C.jpeg

• Like 8

Okelydokely

Thank you. They are super comfy. 

if the sushi pants work out, I’ll post progress photos so you can see why I was concerned haha. 

• Like 2

I am not crafty and can’t SEW. However today I cracked it with DS’s doona cover and sewed loops on the inside corners and buttons to the doona so the corners stay put.  

this is quite advanced by my standards. 

edited to correct spelling. I wrote see not sew. I can’t sew. My messy stitches make it look like I can’t see but I don’t have that excuse. 

Edited by 123tree
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, 123tree said:

I am not crafty and can’t see. However today I cracked it with DS’s doona cover and sewed loops on the inside corners and buttons to the doona so the corners stay put.  

What a great idea. That’s not craft, that’s essential maintenance! Misbehaving doonas are one of my bugbears in life.

Nice! I can’t knit and admire those who do 

Moving along with my stays. Made my own bias binding and I’m attaching it by hand. At least I can watch TV and do it 

F9D605EC-C417-4A53-AB5D-886C097C7093.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Over and out
12 hours ago, 123tree said:

I am not crafty and can’t SEW. However today I cracked it with DS’s doona cover and sewed loops on the inside corners and buttons to the doona so the corners stay put.  

edited to correct spelling. I wrote see not sew. I can’t sew. My messy stitches make it look like I can’t see but I don’t have that excuse. 

That is  a BRILLIANT idea

overlytired
2 hours ago, LunaFreya said:

Nice! I can’t knit and admire those who do 

Thanks! I also coulnd't knit 6 months ago. I started with super simple patterns (dishcloths) using very inexpensive cotton yarn and moved up.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2021 at 11:43 AM, MintyBiscuit said:

I’ve started doing pour paintings. Pretty pleased with my first attempt 

AACA65DA-A11E-44B3-8EB7-ED518334A2AF.jpeg

That looks amazing.  How do you actually do it?

MintyBiscuit
3 minutes ago, Lesley225 said:

That looks amazing.  How do you actually do it?

Aww thank you ☺️ Lots of different ways to do it, but for this I used pouring acrylics and poured them bits at a time into a cup, then poured the cup onto the canvas. Then you pick it up and move it around and it sort of oozes across. Messy but soothing 

• Like 2

Sounds hard but you did a good job.   I can remember hack in the 70s at fetes  they had some machines  that spun round and you poured paint onto paper in them and made interesting patterns. 

• Like 1

MintyBiscuit
49 minutes ago, Lesley225 said:

Sounds hard but you did a good job.   I can remember hack in the 70s at fetes  they had some machines  that spun round and you poured paint onto paper in them and made interesting patterns. 

A lot of people do something similar, use something like a potters wheel or a turntable to spin the canvas once the paint is on, or while pouring it. I’d love to do it if I had space I could make that sort of mess in 🤣

my samurai armour, which has taken months to get to this stage.

So tell yourself kids it’s totally possible to make samurai armour in the backyard with sports shoe laces and plastic you buy from Bunnings 

504690B1-C2B1-432A-878A-7D6E1E5D3ADE.thumb.jpeg.579dcc748d315ec767f5abed9b4c0930.jpeg

• Like 7

Advertisement