IGNORED

TRIGGER: WHO sexual abuse report in Congo

sunstarmoon

I was also really sad to read about Afghan refugees evacuated and currently living at a US Airforce base in the US and child abuse and wife abuse happening.

They should just airlift the perpetrators back to Afghanistan. 

• Like 3
  • Surprised 2

4 minutes ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

I was also really sad to read about Afghan refugees evacuated and currently living at a US Airforce base in the US and child abuse and wife abuse happening.

They should just airlift the perpetrators back to Afghanistan. 

Oh no, I hadn’t heard this.

How do so many people like this exist? That they take advantage of these people, it’s sickening. If they’ll do it in a refugee camp, imagine what they’d do away from people?

I just don’t understand why these people aren’t being stopped??? What will it take? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunstarmoon said:

Oh no, I hadn’t heard this.

How do so many people like this exist? That they take advantage of these people, it’s sickening. If they’ll do it in a refugee camp, imagine what they’d do away from people?

I just don’t understand why these people aren’t being stopped??? What will it take? 

Well it actually was Afghan men doing it, but I want to know why the Airforce staff weren't around stopping it.

1 minute ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

Well it actually was Afghan men doing it, but I want to know why the Airforce staff weren't around stopping it.

Yes sorry I knew that’s what you meant (re Afghan men). But people are seeing it. Why aren’t they stopping it. Refugees there with them, the people ‘guarding’ them. Everyone just looks the other way

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

Yes, you'd think you could manage to separate the offending men from women and children. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Purpleblaze said:

Like our society stops it?  Everyone looking the other way is the norm.

100%, it’s happening in the house next to me. I am not looking the other way though, I’m calling the local police station.

We’ve been bought up to stay out of things, if you aren’t 100% sure etc. Also that the messenger often gets in trouble. I’m just shocked (and I shouldn’t be) that organisation’s whose job it is to protect the must vulnerable are also looking the other way (WHO, refugee camps). If they don’t feel they have the power to stop them, who does 😔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Advertisement