IGNORED

Freedom of speech

Givingitanothergo

When I was studying I worked for a before and after school care chain and there was one school I worked at for about a year where it was a thing among a bunch of the older kids to punch each other in the arms and yell "FREE SPEECH" while doing so.

That's what comes to mind when I see people whining about free speech. Because they're never complaining about an actual breech of freedom of speech from the US perspective of what that means, they just don't like hearing other people tell them why they're wrong, which is kind of funny when you think about it.

• Like 8

Chillipeppers
18 hours ago, Aust-27 said:

I posted a message on her page and was called "a nasty piece of work" from one of her followers. I said in the post (in a nutshell) fine by me but I don't want to around you. 

She blocked me 😂. I can no longer see any of her posts on Instagram.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Chillipeppers
22 minutes ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

She actually deleted her account.

She blocked me when she was on the bachelor. I can’t remember what I said  but she didn’t like it so she blocked me. I’d really like to know what she said about vaccinations.

Edited by Chillipeppers

Spidey_Senses

Freedom of speech only exists if ALL parties have it.  If you can sprout your nutcase anti-vax theories then others have the right to debunk them.  The right always harp on about freedom of speech but what they actually want is to have their say without anybody being allowed to answer it 🙄

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

It sounds like it could be, if she talked her doctor and her mental health practitioner.

I would be more sympathetic if she said that " I have a severe phobia, I have discussed all options with my medical team, and have decided I am unable to be vaccinated". 

On the one hand yes on the other I don't think anyone has an obligation to disclose their medical history for public consumption. Although I also wouldn't have discussed my vax status in that situation. 

52 minutes ago, STBG 2 said:

I wonder if Sam realises that not being vaccinated may impact her acting career, I guess her Hollywood aspirations are all but gone.

There was lots of talk about all the big names missing from the met gala and rumours about knowing who isn't vaccinated as a result.

• Like 5

Just looked at the comments on Matt Agnew's Facebook page. So many anti vaxxers attacking him and anyone else who disagrees with them. No comments about trying to understand why some can't be vaccinated. It's all about those who have the privilege of being able to make that choice because their lives aren't at risk and yes it is a privilege because they don't have to worry if they'll end up dying or becoming seriously unwell. Heavens above should they extend that right to others. Some of the comments were bonkers though. Many were pointing out that his credentials doesn't make him an expert and Joe Blow off the streets is? The fucking irony! 🙄

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, FloFlo said:

Just looked at the comments on Matt Agnew's Facebook page. So many anti vaxxers attacking him and anyone else who disagrees with them. No comments about trying to understand why some can't be vaccinated. It's all about those who have the privilege of being able to make that choice because their lives aren't at risk and yes it is a privilege because they don't have to worry if they'll end up dying or becoming seriously unwell. Heavens above should they extend that right to others. Some of the comments were bonkers though. Many were pointing out that his credentials doesn't make him an expert and Joe Blow off the streets is? The fucking irony! 🙄

Someone thought AHPRA would be interested in his comments.🤣

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Haha 10

Just now, purplekitty said:

Someone thought AHPRA would be interested in his comments.🤣

Too funny! These people don't have many brain cells to share between themselves.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, FloFlo said:

Too funny! These people don't have many brain cells to share between themselves.

It's all fun and games until they dogwhistle every antivaxer in the country to tie up APHRA with vexatious complaints and phone harassment while the states are desperately waiting for them to register graduate nurses to staff our hospitals.

A lot of the aggro male contingent of them got their start in MRA groups. It's how they used to shut down and grind women's services to a halt. They'd make sure no woman could contact various services by phone for weeks at a time. Now they're applying the principle more broadly because social media allows them to co-ordinate their harassment campaigns.

What they lack in brain cells they gain in sheer bloody mindedness.

• Like 5
  • Worried 1
  • Angry 4
  • Sad 2

I haven’t seen her comments, but if she has a genuine full blown phobia of needles, how is she acting in an ICU setting? I mean, we have a poster on eb who is upfront about her lifelong needle phobia and she has spoken about how even talking about needles distresses her.

It can’t be that unnerving for this actress. Unless she is a tremendous actress of course.

• Like 1

Yeah nah I don’t think I’ve ever seen her draw up a medication with a needle… I’m a pretty avid H&A watcher (how sad am I haha). Not a lot of nursing happens in the scenes - most times it’s just dialogue that is set in a hospital. So probably relatively easy to get around if she genuinely has a phobia. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mooguru said:

Do they use many real needles in acting settings like H&A?

I doubt it. Only time I have ever seen close ups of needles on TB are medical reality shows

If she wants to exercise her freedom of speech she can find a street corner to shout from and a megaphone if she waved to be extra loud. And I’ll exercise mine by walking on by and not paying attention to the crazies.

• Like 3

Yeah, like, whatever - if she has a genuine reason for not getting it, ok no worries. It’s none of it our business. But by putting it out there on social media, it becomes anyone who wishes to comments’ business. Because, like so many others have posted, freedom of speech ≠ silencing anyone who has an opposing viewpoint. 

And she definitely shows a very strong lack of understanding why her use of “segregation” is being called out. Taking your bat and ball and storming off in a social media huff doesn’t exactly sound like someone who wants to try and understand why language is important. Which is ironic for someone who champions mental health awareness. 

(I’m still going to watch H&A, but I’ll just yell at the TV the same way I do when I accidentally put sunrise on and I have to deal with a few seconds of kochie - it’s therapeutic almost) 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Mooguru said:

Do they use many real needles in acting settings like H&A?

Medical shows like All Saints use needles (I would assume stunt/props versions) but I’m not sure about H&A.

8 hours ago, AngelSG said:

Medical shows like All Saints use needles (I would assume stunt/props versions) but I’m not sure about H&A.

Also it’s usually a cutaway shot/close up so it might not even be the actor doing it.

There’s also camera tricks they use like film taking it out and reversing the film. They did this for the cardiac needle scene in pulp fiction 

Edited by LunaFreya

On 10/10/2021 at 5:37 PM, STBG 2 said:

I wonder if Sam realises that not being vaccinated may impact her acting career, I guess her Hollywood aspirations are all but gone.

I doubt she'd cut it in Hollywood. She's a woeful actress.

Advertisement