IGNORED

Freedom of speech

Givingitanothergo

2 hours ago, Pnut said:

Because most of the "dO yoUR oWn ResEArcH" idiots only regurgitate they what they find on dodgy websites on the interwebz. 

Is there more misinformation around these days, or does it just seem that way. I guess back in the old days furphies were slower to get around.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kadoodle said:

Is there more misinformation around these days, or does it just seem that way. I guess back in the old days furphies were slower to get around.

I think it's probably the ease of access as well as more misinformation.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Kadoodle said:

I think you used to have to look harder for a community of like minded lunatics before - attend their meetups, subscribe to their newsletters - whereas now with social media they're fucking everywhere. And for those of us old enough to remember when news had to be true, it can be hard to spot misinformation if it's presented well. 

• Like 9

Social media is heaving with halfwits carrying on about “vaccine apartheid”. I’m so angry. Do any of these overprivileged crybabies have any idea about what apartheid actually was?

• Like 11
  • Angry 4

8 minutes ago, Kadoodle said:

Social media is heaving with halfwits carrying on about “vaccine apartheid”. I’m so angry. Do any of these overprivileged crybabies have any idea about what apartheid actually was?

And that blacks didn’t have a choice do to something they couldn’t change, yet whites did.

anti-vaxxers are still white in any apartheid analogy.

• Like 7

With Covid a lot of people prone to believing conspiracy theories are stuck at home with nothing to do but trawl the internet.

My current concern is the cleaving of human contact through lockdowns and how vulnerable it leaves a population to groups who prey on the lonely. Religious groups.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RomeoVoid said:

With Covid a lot of people prone to believing conspiracy theories are stuck at home with nothing to do but trawl the internet.

Yep. My H has been out of work since January and fuck, the conspiracy rabbit hole BS has just gotten worse with his lessening of responsibilities outside the house and lack of real people to brush up against with this bull. Add in his anxiety and his lack of education and critical thinking skills...

• Like 1
  • Hug 4

That anti-vaccination chick I linked an article about earlier in the thread is a really deluded piece of work.  I've removed my link, not interested in giving her any more oxygen.

• Like 3

All those that didn't listen at school from qualified teachers now listen and educate themselves on social media. And sadly think they have earned a Bachelors or Phd.

I have confidence the generations now and after are/will be more savvy on who to believe and who not to. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Aust-27 said:

I have confidence the generations now and after are/will be more savvy on who to believe and who not to.

Hopefully. Admittedly I'm currently helping a yr 7 kid to read and article and read between the lines, identify bias and understand what the purpose of it is (reporting on political situation). And we've already had multiple conversations about misinformation and how easy it is to produce by manipulating just one fact and then stringing it along to make everything else seem "real".

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Meepy said:

Update on Sam Frost - channel 7 has said all workers must have vaccine.  Suffer in your jocks.

Looks like she’ll to hit up Hollywood instead.

• Haha 1

And Sam Frost is now getting the vaccine.  Surprise, surprise.  Amazing that her medical issues have disappeared!  The magic of science and medicine must have worked a miracle to rid her of her ailments.  

eta nice effort to hide it, releasing on Melb Cup Day with Scomo, Glasgow etc. acting as shields.

Edited by Meepy
  • Like 4
  • Angry 2

I am not speaking of Sam Frost as I have no idea of whether she has had botox, collagen, plastic surgery etc. But I am still amused by coke snorting, willing to have chemicals injected into their bodies in the name of looks but have jumped on the antivax bandwagon 'do your research' celebs

• Like 3
  • 100 1

Of course now I’m dying to know what medical procedure you’d have to delay vaccination for. I can only assume it’s a  non-essential procedure that isn’t a priority in surgery atm 🤔

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ernegirl said:

Of course now I’m dying to know what medical procedure you’d have to delay vaccination for. I can only assume it’s a  non-essential procedure that isn’t a priority in surgery atm 🤔

I wondered too. Most elective surgery ask if and when you were vaxed and probably prefer you to be vaxed.

I wonder if it's an egg retrieval and that's why she doesn't want the Vax in case it affects her fertility? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ernegirl said:

Brain transplant.  Her last one was a lemon.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

I wondered too. Most elective surgery ask if and when you were vaxed and probably prefer you to be vaxed.

I wonder if it's an egg retrieval and that's why she doesn't want the Vax in case it affects her fertility? 

Didn’t even think of that. *Insert reaction here* as I am a bit flabbergasted.

2 hours ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

The person I know who is anti vax is using ivf as a reason to not get it. If only she wasn't also sprouting all the segregation bull shit and encouraging people to research the truth and refuse the vax. 🙄

• Surprised 1

2 hours ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

I thought that too. 

BUT, if you were anti vax for that I would think you would want to not have it prior to having a child? 

unless she is doing a sophie monk and freezing her eggs. 

• Like 1

Advertisement