IGNORED

Anyone watching 7 spotlight about Melissa caddick?

Givingitanothergo

StillFreddiesMum

No, I refuse to give this guy any of my time.  He is alleged to have been paid $50K for the interview.  He suspects Melissa was killed and he is still (as far as I know) an unemployed hairdresser driving an mega expensive European car and living in a mansion in the Eastern Suburbs. 

The only people I feel any empathy for are the people she scammed / conned and they will never get their money back.  Having said all of that I believe he and Melissa have a young child together so I do feel a huge amount of empathy for the child.  

Edited by StillFreddiesMum
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, Lesley225 said:

One report said the young child was living elsewhere with his father.  So may not be his?

She had a teenage child from her first marriage. He is living with his father. 

They said tonight her son is living with the hairdresser guy.

I feel sorry for the son - he must be going through hell. 

The hairdresser guy - not sure about him. Very blind to anything/everything, says they kept their finances separate, she never gave him money, etc etc, but I suspect she paid for everything & he didn't have to pay for anything.

As to not asking anything after the ASIC raid - really? REALLY???

7 hours ago, Ozgirl said:

My parents watch breakfast tv and this morning they said on sunrise she was cleared by asic…

ahe did she defraud people or not?

I'm not sure what was said on Sunrise this morning but it has been previously reported in the media that ASIC had dropped the criminal charges against her when the foot remains were found.  So she hasn't been cleared, it was just that they can't prosecute a deceased person.   However a Civil case could still go ahead, for her victims to try to recover some of their money. 

• Like 5

This is the bloke who said he needed $x per week for expenses (including stuff like private school fees, and other things that those without money could never imagine having).

I felt sorry for him in the beginning, because I thought it was easily possible he was as hoodwinked as everyone else.

To stay in a house you know technically belongs to others though, er no.

I wasn't really tempted to watch it, but I'd hoped he'd come around to realising what the truth was - that they were living on stolen money.   Sounds like he hasn't.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

15 hours ago, StillFreddiesMum said:

No, I refuse to give this guy any of my time.  He is alleged to have been paid $50K for the interview.  He suspects Melissa was killed and he is still (as far as I know) an unemployed hairdresser driving an mega expensive European car and living in a mansion in the Eastern Suburbs. 

The only people I feel any empathy for are the people she scammed / conned and they will never get their money back.  Having said all of that I believe he and Melissa have a young child together so I do feel a huge amount of empathy for the child.  

And the longer he drives it, the less it will be worth when creditors finally get the go ahead to sell it.  So many lives ruined by this narcissistic bitch and her idiot toy boy.   Her first husband was hoodwinked too and lost all contact with their son - apparently because she didn't want people putting the pieces together of her deception.

I'm intrigued but also refuse to give the moron air time, plus I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Edited by Gumbette
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...

The more I read about this arsehole the more I hate him.  He left the house in a complete shambles after stalling for months and arguing he should be allowed to keep living in a $10M home  (on what grounds???) whilst so many of her victims will forever be left struggling to pay rent on a modest property.  He may not have known what Melissa was doing at the time but once he knew he could have shown some contrition and co operated. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-26/nsw-caddick-10-million-dollar-dover-heights-home-for-sale/101472954

Edited by Gumbette
  • Like 7

'If' he was surprised by her behaviour I just do not think he'd be putting up this fight. I think I'd want to melt into the background and help the victims if my partner was such a cad.

• Like 6
  • 100 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tinsel said:

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but if she's found alive somewhere years from now, I wouldn't be shocked or even surprised.

What about her foot @Tinsel ?  I agree with you TBH but I just can't work out the foot bit. :)

14 minutes ago, Tinsel said:

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but if she's found alive somewhere years from now, I wouldn't be shocked or even surprised.

That is such a drastic step to take.

• Like 1

Wasn't it revealed at the inquest that forensic pathologist found it (not sure if foot or shoe or foot with shoe) had been in the water for no more than a week and they were unable to determine if the foot had been severed by trauma or otherwise (surgical removal?).  And just happening to be washed up on a relatively little known beach where her family had regularly holidayed when she was a child.  

Could be the universe moving in very strange ways - and I must admit that co-incidence sometimes blows my mind - but given she was as dodgy as fuck, I just wouldn't be surprised.  Perhaps I'm jaded.

If she is still alive, I hope she's found soon and spends a shitload of time in prison.  Embezzling from her friends and parents FFS. 

ETA:

What are the odds of someone trying to hack her uber account at the airport just before she was reported missing?  Bloody unlucky I'd say - unless it was her.  I would love to hear more on this too.

‘Potential pin data’ from Melissa Caddick's Uber app reported at Sydney airport, police tell inquest | 7NEWS

Edited by Tinsel
  • Like 7

StillFreddiesMum

I think her parents are completely bonkers - they actually blame ASIC for investigating Melissa - and causing her death !  She stole money from her own parents and they blame the authorities for trying to work out what happened.  That's insanity.

• Like 8

And he looked so casual and happy when answering the door for someone that should have been worried about a wife who had been missing for 30 hours.  After they had just been raided surely his first  thought would be self harm? 

Not so crazy about her brother and parents either blaming the ASIC investigators for pushing their daughter to suicide, and insisting they should be allowed to keep their apartment instead of taking a hit and sharing what’s left of the sale proceeds like everyone else.  I get it that it’s a double whammy for them for, but  they’re starting to look a bit entitled too.  Citing that they’re 80 so deserving of special treatment. To me it just means at least they won’t have to rent for as long as those who have lost everything to their daughter in their 60’s.

ETA Snap @StillFreddiesMum

Edited by Gumbette
  • Like 7

Advertisement