IGNORED

Cleo Smith missing - She has been FOUND!

Wolf87

It's so terrible. I keep hoping for a miracle. It was heartbreaking reading the article with quotes from her mum.

The poor family was just going camping. Makes me think twice about planning a camping trip, and even about camping in my own backyard again. Someone in the other thread said their father would insist on sleeping by the tent zip when they camped. I would never have thought that was needed, but perhaps it is.

• Like 3

I feel physically sick just thinking about it, to be honest. It's too much. This poor little girl (right after that poor little boy). Truly life can be so cruel. 

Wishing so hard for a miracle for this family. Come home Cleo 😭

• Like 1
  • Crying 2

It’s just unfathomable. We went camping when DD was the same age - DD has always been very clingy in new environments, and I was never worried about her wondering off - although I always put the zips at the top of the tent in case she woke up confused and tried to leave. It never crossed my mind that someone would be brazen enough to come in and take her from under our noses. 
I really hope she’s found alive soon. The not knowing must be awful. 

The family were in one tent, it just had room dividers.

That sleeping bag ( grey outside with a red inner and hood) would show up in that setting since I saw the overhead drone shots.

4 minutes ago, Chillipeppers said:

I don’t camp but if I did my kids would sleep in the same tent as me. I guess I have grown up to not trust anyone. 

They were in one tent…. 

I had trouble imagining someone removing her from the tent without them waking - I tend to forget some tents are BIG and it sounds as though the divider would have provided a bit of a buffer - sound, light wise.

• Like 3

Some people on Facebook were saying that the kids were sleeping in the ‘room’ closest to the entry and the adults were at the back. So that could make it easier for someone to slip in and slide out a little girl in her sleeping bag.

What a nightmare, I feel awful for Cleo's family.  We used to camp all the time until we had kids and I grew fearful of snakes and other humans.  An incident in our state where a little girl was molested while sleeping in the tent (he unzipped it) while her parents slept in their camper next to the tent did it for me. 

• Sick 1

Some people are just deep sleepers 🤷‍♀️

I'm not; I wake up at the slightest noise, but you could perform surgery on my husband without waking him up. He definitely wouldn't wake to the sound of a tent being unzipped. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lurker said:

Some people are just deep sleepers 🤷‍♀️

I'm not; I wake up at the slightest noise, but you could perform surgery on my husband without waking him up. He definitely wouldn't wake to the sound of a tent being unzipped. 

Well they probably were in deep sleep as the parents were awake at 1.30am when Cleo asked for a drink...

I think the best outcome is that she has been taken by someone connected to her biological dad. I think he has been interviewed (and ruled out with an alibi?), but maybe someone from his family?

Edited by Lees75
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lees75 said:

I think the best outcome is that she has been taken by someone connected to her biological dad. I think he has been interviewed (an ruled out with an alibi?), but maybe someone from his family?

We can only hope.

• Like 4

MOD HAT

Can we please ask everyone to be careful around any speculation with this case as the search is still underway and we don’t know the outcome at this stage.
Please also bear in mind
that friends and family connected to the case could be reading along, and consider these factors before you post. 

Any issues please don’t hesitate to PM myself or one of the other mods 

MB

• Like 9

I've got an over-active imagination at the best of times. Especially camping. I'm not sure I'll be going camping again after reading this story. I keep checking the news as soon as I wake up hoping she's been found. 

• Like 4

When we camp (infrequently), DD sleeps in her sleeping bag in between me and DH. It was never consciously a safety thing, it was more so keep her warm.

Also we have a small tent, so good luck anyone trying to creep in and not break their neck tripping over tent clutter.

I hope Cleo is found safe and well but it feels like a forlorn hope ☹️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lees75 said:

I think the best outcome is that she has been taken by someone connected to her biological dad. I think he has been interviewed (and ruled out with an alibi?), but maybe someone from his family?

That hasn't occurred to me. Hopefully it is something like that.

2 hours ago, Dadto2 said:

That hasn't occurred to me. Hopefully it is something like that.

Yes, I re- read the articles and they have been written " Mrs X's partner" because originally the articles were saying " mum and dad". Then another article said the police were interviewing Chloe's biological father and I though, hang on, wasn't he camping with Chloe?

Spidey_Senses

Just hoping she is found safely.  As I mentioned in the other thread we are very keen campers and its just so scary the thought that something like this could happen. 

Hoping she’s found safe. This gave me a bit of a think as I’ve been camping with DS. He tends to sleep late so I wake up first anyway. He also insists on bed sharing 

Odd there are no suspects. I know the camp site, it's small everyone knows everyone. A camper/car disappearing in the middle of the night would be noticed. And you have rangers coming daily to check your registration for the site. Plus there are multiple CCTVs in the area including a cattle grid which takes photos of every car/truck that passes over it (to stop cattle theft). 

Edited by Dadto2
  • Like 2

Advertisement