IGNORED

Malware scam about deliveries circulating - don't open the link!

Pnut

Just a heads up people, if you receive a text about a delivery, DON'T OPEN THE LINK. I've already received it twice today as have other people I know.

"The ACMA is reminding consumers to be aware of scam SMS messages with unusual looking links. The messages are generated by malware called Flubot. The scam is evolving as it targets Australians, and it may now look like a package delivery message from a service such as Australia Post, DHL or Amazon.

If you’ve received one of these messages, do not open the link without confirming it is legitimate. Clicking on the link may install malware that uses your contact list to send similar text messages to other people without your knowledge, potentially infecting their device. It may also access your personal information and banking details."

• Like 3

DH is getting a shit tonne of these and similar. I have had a few but DH gets so many every bloody day. Is there a way to stop them? He blocks each number of course but they still keep coming. 

I have been getting multiple texts a week offering me quick loans but they're not addressed to me. I too have blocked all the numbers but they still keep coming. 

So fucking annoying. 

26 minutes ago, Mrs Zee said:

DH is getting a shit tonne of these and similar. I have had a few but DH gets so many every bloody day. Is there a way to stop them? He blocks each number of course but they still keep coming. 

I have been getting multiple texts a week offering me quick loans but they're not addressed to me. I too have blocked all the numbers but they still keep coming. 

So fucking annoying. 

I haven't had too many of the mail ones by text, but my god, the spam calls I'm getting lately!  If I still had my business and had to answer all calls, it would be driving me insane, as I've had as many as five a day.

You block one number then the next is similar but not identical, so presumably from a switchboard somewhere, but looks like they're from an Australian location.

• Like 1

I’ve had so many scam phone calls lately. And it’s all over local Facebook pages too, all different scams. Someone somewhere has a big batch of Australian phone numbers. 

I've been getting multiple text messages a day. Intitally they were all ones saying I had a voicemail and to click on the link. Now they are all about packages coming. And when you are expecting so many packages, that's not good 😂 Haven't clicked on them though, block delete but as above they keep coming from different numbers. 

Edited by Andi

Advertisement