IGNORED

Gold of choice? Ooh, shiny!

purpentine

What is the colour of gold you prefer most? 

Are you a mixer or one colour only? 

I was strictly white gold/silver until nearly a decade ago when I discovered rose gold. My skin is very fair with a lot of pink/redness to it, so the rose gold is very subtle. Over the years I changed all of my white gold to rose gold. But unfortunately my love of rose gold happened after I got married, and my wedding set is white gold.

• Like 1

Yellow gold all the way for me, I have light olive skin and warm tones look best on me. My wedding set is yellow gold, so is the necklace I wear a lot and my watch was yellow gold plated (I haven't worn it in years, as my phone has the time on it!)

Actually, now that I think about it, my earring studs are white gold, but that's because I couldn't get them in yellow gold and they are so tiny you can't really tell.

I prefer yellow gold. I don't mind a mix with white gold or platinum though.

My engagement ring, diamond earrings and necklace are all yellow gold. I also wear my grandmother's eternity ring which is gold and platinum. I have another diamond necklace that I wear quite often that is white gold. 

I have mostly yellow gold, some rose gold. I admire white gold on others but it doesn’t feel very me. 

Edited to add that mixing metals feels more authentic and modern to me. I wouldn’t stop myself buying a white gold item if I loved it.

Edited by little lion
  • Like 1

My wedding ring is 18ct gold plain band, I am happy with that ring other than that I can't really comment on what gold as I either love or not each piece of jewellery on its own

Although other than pendnants which are silver colour I don't wear jewellery 

So after all that I am no help lol!🙂

My wedding band and engagement ring are white gold, most other things are silver. I don’t like yellow gold on me at all, haven’t really tried rose gold as I don’t wear much jewellery day to day since having kids 

I prefer yellow gold. Most of my jewellery is in yellow gold including my wedding rings.

I have really sensitive ears and anything other than high quality yellow gold or surgical steel cause a reaction. 

Mixer. Watch is rose gold, wedding set is gold, necklace is gold, most earrings are silver. I don’t really like yellow gold that much but sadly some things only come in it! 

Never ever understood how weird people can get about mixing metals, it’s very odd how worked up people get about it… 

• Like 1

White gold, and some rose gold. I have a necklace with two pendants - the larger pendant is white gold, the smaller one that kind of sits inside the large pendant is rose gold.  Happy to mix. Yellow gold doesn’t suit me. 

I hate the idea that you need to recoat white gold regularly and it looks like silver. Just get Sterling silver then!

I like yellow gold and love 24 carat gold and have a permanent 24 ct gold bracelet which I hardily take off. My rings etc are 18ct gold for durability.

• Like 2

I've loved that rose gold has come back into fashion the last while. 

My grandmother gave me her 21st present, rose gold ring and broach with white sapphire.  She got it in 1917 so it must have gone in and out of fashion.

Just going through her jewellery box whist polishing it and found a bracelet made of a commemorative coin/medallion dated 1911 for Edward VII, strange date but there's others out there with the same date.    Never really looked it at it before.

• Like 1

Yellow gold has always been my preference.  Then silver because it has a lovely warmth and lustre that white gold doesn't have.

I've never liked white gold because it look a bit leaden to me when it's getting to the stage of needing replating.  My mum had two platinum rings (engagement and wedding band) that looked absolutely brilliant despite being worn for decades - if I could have my silver jewellery remodelled into platinum (when I'm a billionaire!) I would do it at the drop of a hat. 

I quite like rose gold - it's so pretty -  but it makes my skin look sallow. 

Givingitanothergo

I guess rose for me.. my engagement ring was white but I had it reset in platinum. All those years ago. I can’t remember the last time I wore a piece of yellow gold jewellery 

Yellow gold! My engagement ring is a really red ruby and the yellow adds such warmth. I also have a deep blue toned tanzanite ring where the yellow gold really contrasts and enhances the blue. I love colour :)

• Like 1

White gold wedding, engagement and eternity rings, they have not been re rhodium plated for about 5 years and they are still beautifully shiny. They get done when I have them cleaned and the claws and everything checked. I wear silver or white gold earrings usually but depending on what colour my outfit is when going out I will change for yellow gold. I wear my mother's wedding band and engagement rings on my right hand and they are yellow gold. I really do not care that they do not match.

• Like 1

Yellow gold for my wedding rings and diamond jewellery, rose gold for fashionable stuff sometimes. Day to day I wear my wedding set, and a sapphire ring which is lovely in yellow gold.

Edited by Rosie28

19 minutes ago, STBG 2 said:

White gold wedding, engagement and eternity rings, they have not been re rhodium plated for about 5 years and they are still beautifully shiny. They get done when I have them cleaned and the claws and everything checked. I wear silver or white gold earrings usually but depending on what colour my outfit is when going out I will change for yellow gold. I wear my mother's wedding band and engagement rings on my right hand and they are yellow gold. I really do not care that they do not match.

My mum had her engagement ring redone for my 21st, it’s beautiful, yellow gold. I should wear it more often but we haven’t been out for a while 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blackcat20 said:

My mum had her engagement ring redone for my 21st, it’s beautiful, yellow gold. I should wear it more often but we haven’t been out for a while 😂

I haven't taken them off since dad handed them to me because I feel as though it makes him happy to see me with them on. ❤️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jolly_F said:

Mixer. Watch is rose gold, wedding set is gold, necklace is gold, most earrings are silver. I don’t really like yellow gold that much but sadly some things only come in it! 

Never ever understood how weird people can get about mixing metals, it’s very odd how worked up people get about it… 

Yeah with my gold wedding ring and silver pendants (not worn since covid start, no idea why though) never thought about the different colours being different, if that makes sense I just like them

Fruitmincepies

Platinum instead for me - I react to most other metals, even the ones that claim to be nickel free. My jeweller made me some white gold earrings but he had to be very selective with the type of alloy used (previous white gold earrings I’d reacted to). But really that means I wear two pairs of earrings and my platinum wedding and engagement rings only. 

Advertisement