As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

New developments regarding William Tyrrell

Kadoodle

25 minutes ago, Pnut said:

She's rarely mentioned (naturally enough, being in foster care), but I've often thought of his big sister who'd be about 12 now.  I've always hoped that she was given a lot of extra support, poor thing.  Here's hoping the authorities find little William so that he can be laid to rest properly.

I read that during the inquest she said that she wanted to be a police officer when she grew up so she could help find him. Just heartbreaking for that poor little girl 

• Like 1
  • Care 1
  • Crying 5

If they are looking into a house now related to the child would it not have been looked into originally using dogs etc. ?

I presume police would rule out people connected to the child as routine procedure first before looking elsewhere. Same with any missing child as much as I don't want to feel people who know a child are automatically accused publicly I would assume the police look into things in a set way 

Regardless of what they were told 

15 minutes ago, Seayork2002 said:

If they are looking into a house now related to the child would it not have been looked into originally using dogs etc. ?

I presume police would rule out people connected to the child as routine procedure first before looking elsewhere. Same with any missing child as much as I don't want to feel people who know a child are automatically accused publicly I would assume the police look into things in a set way 

Perhaps Cadaver dogs are trained differently from 'search and rescue' dogs.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Jolly_F said:

But why not fess up if that is what happened? Accidents happen, people get that. I get they may have freaked out but damn actively hiding it for 7 years is next level…  

. There are a few reasons I can think of that would make them lie and cover it up. None of them good. 

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Seayork2002 said:

Reading between the lines, I think the first investigation may have been a bit of a cock up. 

• Like 8
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 2

Mary McGregor
31 minutes ago, Kreme said:

That’s one of the things they are considering I think. But if that’s true the scale of the deception is quite staggering. 

It's breathtaking deception!!! The timing of the phone calls to the handy man, the call to police, the pretend searching. There was mention in the inquest that the time stamps on the photos were changed from 7.39 to 9.37... 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bornagirl said:

Perhaps Cadaver dogs are trained differently from 'search and rescue' dogs.

They are.. and they aren’t as common as normal search and rescue dogs. 

1 minute ago, LemonMyrtle said:

. There are a few reasons I can think of that would make them lie and cover it up. None of them good. 

Same… I definitely don’t see it as a better scenario! 

• Like 2

Ana Beavenhauser

Side note - Dt Sean Ogilvy is the ex partner of Erin Molan 

Also, I was quite critical when they removed former Dt Gary Jubelin but it seems fresh eyes on this case has resulted in it progressing in a more fruitful direction.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ana Beavenhauser said:

Side note - Dt Sean Ogilvy is the ex partner of Erin Molan 

Also, I was quite critical when they removed former Dt Gary Jubelin but it seems fresh eyes on this case has resulted in it progressing in a more fruitful direction.

I agree. Nothing against Gary Jubelin (I listen to his podcast) but sometimes a different set of eyes and ears are needed.

43 minutes ago, LemonMyrtle said:

Reading between the lines, I think the first investigation may have been a bit of a cock up. 

No need to read between the lines, the NSW Police commissioner actually said the investigation was all a bit of a mess. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seayork2002 said:

I think the police did look at the family closely - but there was a biological family who had run away with him once before, who were young and had issues with substance abuse and then there was a foster family with stable jobs and money who would have been extensively vetted by FACS before being approved as foster parents. 

I am following this with much interest. William was born at the same time as my DS who is now 10. I have never stopped thinking about William and I hope the police can find him and put the poor child to rest. What a nightmare for his foster family and sister.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kreme said:

I think the police did look at the family closely - but there was a biological family who had run away with him once before, who were young and had issues with substance abuse and then there was a foster family with stable jobs and money who would have been extensively vetted by FACS before being approved as foster parents. 

I didn't word it but meant more physically look where he was taken  

So best case scenario ran off through to worst case scenario with what hey are doing now, I would have assumed all scenarios were looked into at the time or soon after

Actually physical looking for him not just into background of family etc 

PPs have posted since then but this is what I meant with my PP

I actually would like to think that things were learnt by the Police from the handling of this case. I think in regards to Cleo over in WA the simultaneously running a search and a " something sinister" investigation was the best idea.

• Like 1

I was reading a thread on the true crime fb page and they were saying when the reports are saying “fall“ in regards to the balcony they aren’t necessarily talking about him actually falling from the balcony. It means they are looking at the ground under and around the balcony for a ‘fall’ in the ground where something could have been buried or for blood or for a disturbance in the soil. 

• Like 1
  • Crying 5
  • Sad 1

I hope they find him. He was the same age as my middle son and looked similar. My son was also obsessed with spider man. It’s strange to think they are only just now searching the property. Surely they would have looked there first. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Kyza said:

I was reading a thread on the true crime fb page and they were saying when the reports are saying “fall“ in regards to the balcony they aren’t necessarily talking about him actually falling from the balcony. It means they are looking at the ground under and around the balcony for a ‘fall’ in the ground where something could have been buried or for blood or for a disturbance in the soil. 

Yep… my first thought was definitely not oh maybe it was an accident when I read that because it just does not fit with what has occurred. 

2 minutes ago, Knottygirl said:

I hope they find him. He was the same age as my middle son and looked similar. My son was also obsessed with spider man. It’s strange to think they are only just now searching the property. Surely they would have looked there first. 

They aren’t only just searching the property. They have searched the property lots of times, this search is based on some new evidence. It’s pretty common for this to happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyza said:

Not sure about that. They are definitely talking about a fatal fall.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/people/2021/11/16/william-tyrrell-single-suspect/

The Sydney Morning Herald was reporting police were investigating whether the little boy had been involved in a fatal fall from the home’s balcony.

• Like 2

This is starting to look like yet another case where the desperate desire for an outcome has possibly blinded investigators to other possible scenarios.

Whatever has happened I just hope there can be some closure.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Hermione said:

I think sometimes cases which happen involving children hit even harder when you are a new mum, and can stay with you.

That awful Fritzl case was uncovered when I was in hospital after having my DD. It absolutely haunted me what that poor woman and her children had been through, as I was in such an emotional state already. 

For me it was Port Arthur, when tall boy was born

11 hours ago, Hermione said:

I think sometimes cases which happen involving children hit even harder when you are a new mum, and can stay with you.

That awful Fritzl case was uncovered when I was in hospital after having my DD. It absolutely haunted me what that poor woman and her children had been through, as I was in such an emotional state already. 

For me, it was Krishna and Trishna, the conjoined twins, undergoing surgery to be separated when I was in hospital after delivering two healthy girls. (Twelve years ago, today, actually) I felt so selfish that I was struggling with new motherhood when those two girls had gone through absolutely hell at such a young age. Their story makes me smile for all the right reasons though. 

Sorry, slightly off track there.

• Like 5
  • Care 2

Advertisement