IGNORED

Man arrested in connection to disappearance of elderly campers in 2020

Pnut

The ABC had a really good profile on their disappearance a few months ago.  I really hope that this arrest leads to a recovery of their remains so that their families can lay them to rest and grieve properly.  Every missing person case resolved is a true blessing.

• Like 7

I figured some sort of break through would happen when they released those photos of the 4WD with a trailer. Apparently the Nissan 4WD club members were able to identify the make, model and manufacture date.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

I figured some sort of break through would happen when they released those photos of the 4WD with a trailer. Apparently the Nissan 4WD club members were able to identify the make, model and manufacture date.

Yes, I'm not the least bit surprised there's been an arrest. The recent articles about the vehicle police were looking for made it sound like they felt they were close, too.

• Like 1

ClaudiaCosette
2 hours ago, Pnut said:

The ABC had a really good profile on their disappearance a few months ago

Yes, I think I remember that - did it also cover another 2 disappearances in the same area? I think the ABC has covered the campers' case quite well as I do remember reading a fair bit about it.

I hope this leads to a resolution for their families.

• Like 3

@TeaCat yes it did.  I remember coming away from it feeling that the location they went missing in was just so remote and wild that it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.  Solid detective work from the authorities, I'm so glad that they didn't give up. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, STBG 2 said:

Yes I just saw that. I admit that at first they staged their disappearance so they could go and live happily ever after but I changed my mind.

Yeah I thought that too at first, but I now think they stumbled onto something illegal or someone was trying to steal from them and they were killed.  
Horrible and sad for their families, I hope this brings a small bit of closure.

• Like 3

I have followed this case too. I just hope this arrest brings about some closure for the families and answers as to what really happened. 

ps, who else learnt about the Button Man from this case? 

• Like 6

ContentedFleur
1 hour ago, Scootaloo said:

I have followed this case too. I just hope this arrest brings about some closure for the families and answers as to what really happened. 

ps, who else learnt about the Button Man from this case? 

Me! There are some strange people in this world, and he's one of them.

4 hours ago, Bornagirl said:

It's truly awful for the man's wife. At the time, who knows what's going on in people's lives, or the arrangements they have within their marriages, but as it turns out, the wife of the man who disappeared did not know he was having a relationship with someone else.

Trying to deal with your life partner both missing, and finding out they weren't the person you thought you knew, would be devastating.

And the other woman was a close friend. Double whammy of betrayal.

• Crying 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, STBG 2 said:

Yes I just saw that. I admit that at first they staged their disappearance so they could go and live happily ever after but I changed my mind.

I remember thinking that too STBG.  Imagine being his wife and finding out not only had he disappeared but that he had gone away with another woman.  I wonder if she thought the same thing all these years, that they had "chosen" to run off. In hindsight she dodged an extremely large bullet, but she would have so many emotions.  

Edited by Gumbette
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, 123tree said:

And the other woman was a close friend. Double whammy of betrayal.

I know of at least 3 people (one who is a very good life long from of the family), who's husband's had secret affairs with their friends.  

Edited by Gumbette
  • Surprised 2
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gumbette said:

I know of at least 3 people (one who is a very good life long from of the family), who's husband's had secret affairs with their friends.  

I know two couples who were friends who actually just swapped partners after years of secretly having affairs with each others partners. They have been married for longer with this second partner than their first.

• Surprised 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Apparently the man arrested owned the blue 4WD that the police released images of, only he’d changed its colour to beige. I mean, on the surface it sounds like they’ve got their man. If he’s as good a bushman as he seems though, it’s not certain that the couples bodies will be recovered without him leading the police to them, and why would he do that if he’s guilty? 😕

• Like 2

I know pilots are not all good guys but I get a bit creeped out to think he could have been in the cockpit of one of the planes I have been in.

There has to be a big story here. Both their families have been so amazingly articulate and steadfast when interviewed, I have much admiration.

• Like 7

On 23/11/2021 at 12:59 PM, Kiwi Bicycle said:

BTW the man arrested was at a remote camping ground when the Police caught up with him...

He'd had a fight with his wife and took off which forced the police to act sooner.

Advertisement