IGNORED

Ahmaud Arbery killers found guilty

Dadto2

44 minutes ago, Dadto2 said:

This is good news. But the USA is as racially divided as it was 50 years ago. Any hopes of some semblance of gun control remember nothing more than a pipe dream. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10239523/Jury-reaches-verdict-Ahmaud-Arbery-trial-protesters-gather-outside.html

If 20 white school kids / teachers couldn't bring about gun control, nothing will.  Especially this time when it's one brown adult...

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Mrs Claus said:

‘He was armed with his fists’ 😡so he should have left his hands at home?

Nah, he just should have not been an uppity black man. Just let his white masters do as they please. 

It felt like there could be no other outcome but it is the US.  And if someone is pointing a gun at you wouldn't you defend yourself when you're just out for a run?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gumbette said:

If 20 white school kids / teachers couldn't bring about gun control, nothing will.  Especially this time when it's one brown adult...

That's right.  Gun control will never happen in the US.

• Like 2
  • Crying 1

You see a gun in another's hands as you have a gun in yours. Not funny that it would never occur to you that the fists are just that. Fists. Because you reach for a gun.

• Like 2

Gun control will never be a thing in the US. I don't really know why people waste time talking about it. It is part of their culture. It's like saying take beer from Aussies. 

• Like 2

On 26/11/2021 at 2:38 PM, pelagic said:

Gun control will never be a thing in the US. I don't really know why people waste time talking about it. It is part of their culture. It's like saying take beer from Aussies. 

Best case scenario is they restrict the type of guns that can be bought. I don't really see the need for home owners to be running around with military grade automatic weapons. Also perhaps there are some laws that could be changed or modified e.g the open carry law. 

On 26/11/2021 at 5:38 PM, pelagic said:

People spend time talking about it because their family member or friend or colleague or child has been murdered. Because they themselves are afraid of being murdered. I don't think that would feel like a waste of time to you if you lived there. 

• 2 months later...
Advertisement