IGNORED

Baby Hoang Vinh Le - have you seen him?

qak

Yeah, the " I love my child so much I will take him from his grandparent and give him to a stranger along with $ 200 to raise" just doesn't make sense.

• Like 9

This is such a sad story, poor sweet boy. I hope I am wrong, but the handing over a baby to a person the police are unable to verify exists is giving me shades of Kellie Lane 

• Like 8
  • Crying 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Beanette said:

This is such a sad story, poor sweet boy. I hope I am wrong, but the handing over a baby to a person the police are unable to verify exists is giving me shades of Kellie Lane 

me too, @Beanette.  😪

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just read the news article. It's a really sad situation and I cannot believe the father saying he would prefer a stranger looking after his child rather than the grandmother. And the mother is probably in not a good situation either ( she has an intellectual disability).

• Crying 2

• 1 month later...

And even sadder is that his mum is pregnant again and the judge has warned her that her behaviour of not revealing where the little boy is will possibly lead her to losing custody of the new baby. The mother was asked by reporters if she would tell the court where the baby is, and she said no. Asked why and she said " I don't want to". So she and the father know where the child is.

• Sad 5

So sad. While the parents/grandparents argue, the little boy is most likely being denied medical care, childcare, family outings etc so he is hidden away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lukes mummi said:

So sad. While the parents/grandparents argue, the little boy is most likely being denied medical care, childcare, family outings etc so he is hidden away. 

I really don't think it's about the parents/grandparents arguing.  The baby was placed in the care of the maternal grandmother by the courts. There must have been a very good reason this occurred.  And IF the parents did 'give' the baby to someone else to look after overnight, and are now happy for the baby to be raised by this woman, it's obvious that they have no interest in having the baby in their care or they would have been doing everything in their power to have this happen both before the baby's disappearance and after.  They appear to have failed miserably.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, HoneyBear said:

I agree the parallel with Kellie Lane probably the most likely scenario unfortunately

Yes, I'm struggling to see how you can have a young child without POI - no Medicare, no ability to enrol in school (although he is still too young). Unless you completely passed them off as your own child you gave birth to?

Princess Peach
12 hours ago, qak said:

Yes, I'm struggling to see how you can have a young child without POI - no Medicare, no ability to enrol in school (although he is still too young). Unless you completely passed them off as your own child you gave birth to?

You don’t enroll them in school & just find the dodgy dr so you don’t have to worry about Medicare (or are not eligible for Medicare).

I doubt a public school would refuse an enrollment without a birth certificate if it came down to either birth certificate or no education.  It is illegal not to school your child so can’t see them denying enrolment.  Not sure if they have an arrangement with births, deaths and marriages to verify the birth date themselves.

what horrifies me the most is this does it make the news.  I have never heard of this story outside of EB yet Cleo was everywhere when she disappeared.  Just so wrong.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I keep clicking on this article hoping for a positive resolution.

But to the question. Given the baby had an ethnic background, it's plausible that a passport of a child living overseas eligible for Australian citizenship could be used. I'm sure these could be bought on the black market. Or its possible the child was "adopted" using some phony paperwork. That happened regularly in Australia not that many decades ago. I'm sure it could happen one off too

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Prancer said:

what horrifies me the most is this does it make the news.  I have never heard of this story outside of EB yet Cleo was everywhere when she disappeared.  Just so wrong.

As dodgy as news.com.au is, they have reported twice on this ( the initial and then the follow up altercation/interview outside the court room with the mother).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Prancer said:

I doubt a public school would refuse an enrollment without a birth certificate if it came down to either birth certificate or no education.  It is illegal not to school your child so can’t see them denying enrolment.  Not sure if they have an arrangement with births, deaths and marriages to verify the birth date themselves.

To be fair, Cleo would have disappeared from the news, too, if the police had any suspicions that the family knew more than they were letting on.  It only remains 'public' news while police keep hitting brick walls.

Charlise Mutten disappeared from the headlines to a fair extent over the following days, too, which is when I read between the lines and knew that police knew a damned sight more than we did. What became news was the actions of police. I actually wondered why her disappearance was not garnering the same headlines as Cleo's.  Put 2 & 2 together.

I've actually read the story a few times outside EB.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Advertisement