IGNORED

What’s making you happy today?

Jolly_F

We’re hoping to be able to fly to NSW in January for our yearly visit to the in-laws. Flights and accomodation had already been booked earlier. I just got around now to booking tickets to take DD to see Frozen the musical at the Capitol Theatre in Sydney a few days before we’re due to fly home again. She’s going to flip when she finds out.

I had fun tracking down passenger arrival information for my cousin regarding our parent's arrival in Australia. Apparently my Uncle, despite living here since he was 7, using medicare, paying tax etc. doesn't exist in the immigration system. Yet my father and my other uncle do (Both have naturalised seeing how they arrived in 1963). It's amazing what the National Archive of Australia have digitized!

FeralRebelwClaws

I managed to fix a heap of bugs in my code today, w00t! So now I can move onto the next stage of my project and I am slightly ahead of where I was hoping to be, which is awesome!

I'm getting a new (to me) car on Saturday, with so many bells and whistles my head is spinning

How excited my workmates were for me upon hearing the news was really touching

It's been 2 weeks since I was asked out and I get all the good vibes when I hear his voice. He just called and I have all the butterflies in m yh stomach.

I got a credit on one of the unit's I did this semester. (Official marks aren't out until Nov 14th). Now as long as I get a pass for the other unit I still have a GPA of 5 which is the base level required for one of next year's units (which I actually really don't want to do, but don't have a choice).

Our new digital marketing coordinator is so sweet. She spent a fair bit of time in the sales area this morning taking photos of new parts for the website. I doubt she knew what any of them were but that doesn't matter. She commented to me at lunch how crazy it was with the phones constantly ringing and frantic activity. I assured her I didn't answer the phone at all once I got home. I'm glad we have another gal about the place

I picked up my new car today and it is wonderful. Bonus prizes was getting to spend a good chunk of the day with my youngest and DIL before driving home. I haven't seen them since Mother's Day due to covid and have really missed them.

• 2 weeks later...

Realising over the weekend JB Hi Fi were having a sale and spending my $50 gift card yesterday on the latest season of a series I like, a DVD double pack and a fun game. Today when I went back online to have a look for Christmas gifts and the sale has ended, so for once my timing was excellent

I found this thread!

I did pilates - always puts me in a good mood

The kids weren't jerks

DD convinced me to buy her new shoes and has proudly been showing them off to everyone. Bless her cotton socks.

I have a few things that have made me happy today.

I saw my parents for the first time since January & the first time since he has been cancer free.

I met my parents new 10 week old puppy

I finally made up my mind and bought a nice shiny new (to me) Hyundai i30

and until I pick up my shiny new car I have the use of my brother's car

1. I got a new top in the post. It is very simple (and was very cheap) but it's exactly my style and colour and I feel so comfortable in it

2. We can travel out of Melbourne!! We are going down to our rural bolthole this weekend and I am going to plant SO.MANY.TOMATOES!!!! 😁😁😁

I meant to post this last night but had forgotten and turned off the computer. I was really proud of my workmates yesterday morning. We listen to one of the Triple M digital stations and they played a little Remembrance Day segment at 11am. Everyone but the one who was already on the phone was quiet until the Last Post had ended, it was very touching

2. We can travel out of Melbourne!! We are going down to our rural bolthole this weekend and I am going to plant SO.MANY.TOMATOES!!!! 😁😁😁

Well, I planted 26 tomatoes which I think counts as a lot! And had to dig the veggie beds from scratch, it was a rather sweaty weekend 😄. Aaaand I'm going back down there this weekend to plant EVEN MORE TOMATOES!!! I may be obsessed....

[mention]Ozquoll[/mention] I’m wishing we planted more as the tomato sauce I made from our crop is the bomb and not anywhere near enough until next years crop.

I’m super happy as a book I’ve been waiting (Im)patiently for has finally gone up for pre-order and will be available in 26 days. I’ll just read the first two books again.

We too have discovered (well, made up) an amazing tomato paste spread recipe - using up the cherry tomatoes from the vine I took out. :(

My Dad came over to my town yesterday - by bus (a huge thing for him - he is 81 and very unused to being dependent on anyone else) - but there was not enough notice (and too shortstaffed at work) for me to take any time off to accompany him on his errands,

I was able to collect him from one part of town to the main bit and have a quick bite with him, pointing out where he had to go for one thing and where the library was as it has toilets, comfy chairs, papers and books to read and a coffee shop should he wish to kill the time before his podiatrist appointment.

Well, he and the 93yo neighbour bumped into each other in the library and had a cuppa and a good yarn together - a true blessing for both of them!!

And he was so pleased with how great the bus trip was (3 hrs each way - run by the local council) and now Mum is contemplating coming over for a day's shopping some time.

DS16 returning to sport after a long break - he was injured for most of last summer and last year winter season, didn't play due to Covid here in Vic through winter & has now started training again. He is a much happier person when he has his sport

A few things...

News this morning said the ban on international travel may be lifted earlier than expected due to the recent success of the trial vaccines. We might make it to the UK next year to see our families. Cautiously hopeful on this one

My autistic two-year old had speech therapy session this morning, He's coming on so well with his speech and especially loves playing on his communication device. His favourite button is mumma and he erupts into the sweetest giggle every time he presses it and then hearing his little voice say it nearly ruins me every time. My heart.

One of my girlfriends has offered her in-laws holiday home for a girls weekend away to celebrate my 40th birthday next month. For free. I have had exactly two nights off from parenting in 3 years. And now I soon get an entire weekend. Wooo

And, of course, it's Friday.

Work is going to offering an extra 3 days of leave over the Christmas break. So if you take the 3 weeks off (2 is kinda required as the organisation closes down hence why the "special holiday leave" is there), you only have to use 6 days of leave and they will "give" you 6 days of special leave. Pretty cool considering there is 12 working days in there and we only have to take half out of our balance. I have enough to cover it already but I'm happy to bank those 6 days under by belt for a later date.

Advertisement