IGNORED

What’s making you happy today?

Jolly_F

Not So Retro

The Haigh's chocolate order arrived yesterday and a bag appeared on my front verandah this morning, sooooo good

• Like 3

Out walking my dog earlier, the rising full moon looked like an Olympic gold medal, and I took that as a good omen for Australia 🥇

• Like 4

Not Escapin Xmas

DD and I have painted each other’s nails, been for a walk and now we’re all watching the Olympics. So pretty good so far. Am going to do some cooking when the Woolies order arrives :)

• Like 2

One of my kids had to draw a map of an Olympic village for home schooling. He put a few regular things in plus a rollercoaster and video arcade. But the ones I loved were the added canyon, rainforest and castle. It was a bit tricky as they were all between the Olympic village and the competition areas. 

• Like 4

Several people questioned me on whether I had broken lockdown restrictions because I turned up at work (as an essential worker) with a new hair cut. I reminded them that I always cut my own hair.

I never would have imagined when I started cutting my own hair as a neglected 8 yr old, that one day, in a pandemic lockdown, others would tell me that they are ‘envious’ because of it. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Not So Retro

This made me smile today.  I had messaged my tall boy today to tell him Joey Jordison (former Slipknot drummer) had died. Many moons ago I drove him to Gladesville to pick up a rather fabulous JJ signature snare. My message to him came through as he was sending the same news to me, snap! He followed up that, while the snare would likely have now increased in value,  he would be keeping it. In other news, he reported recently selling 2 snares and was considering offloading another 2. Apparently, he had 11 and that was too many. I love how 10 is OK, but 11 too much, drummers! Miss that crazy guy, curse the one month lockdown extension. He also sent through some photos and video of my grand-kitty, she has grown so much.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Kids are doing a teddy Olympics but it seems to be a mix of ninja warrior, Pokemon and Harry potter. Definitely don't want to be competing in their events. The person who lost the last event is now being used as the ball in the tennis contest lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Not So Retro

I have the next four Wednesdays off. Not so much fun planned for tomorrow, I'm off to the dentist to get what's left of my tooth removed.

• Like 1

We have a sibling battle every school morning of big brother determined to leave early and get there with plenty of time while little brother drags his feet and deliberately goes slowly as he doesn't like to be rushed. 

So yesterday, with big brother at camp and our first walk in to school alone, we're so slow that door was locked and DS2 had to go to office for late pass. As we can't come in we had to yell at them (someone else from his class arrived at same time) about going to office. Eventually they made it. 

So this morning, 20 mins before we usually leave, DS2 insisted we turn tv off and get our shoes on, and we left 15 mins before usual time and arrived before the door opened. DS2 wants that to be our new leaving time. 

Woohoo, fingers crossed that is one morning battle that has been resolved. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Fruitmincepies said:

I got 8 hours sleep with no interruptions! 

I’m jealous! We really need a green with envy like. DS3 woke up an obscene number of times last night🥱

10 hours ago, El Segundo said:

We have a sibling battle every school morning of big brother determined to leave early and get there with plenty of time while little brother drags his feet and deliberately goes slowly as he doesn't like to be rushed. 

So yesterday, with big brother at camp and our first walk in to school alone, we're so slow that door was locked and DS2 had to go to office for late pass. As we can't come in we had to yell at them (someone else from his class arrived at same time) about going to office. Eventually they made it. 

So this morning, 20 mins before we usually leave, DS2 insisted we turn tv off and get our shoes on, and we left 15 mins before usual time and arrived before the door opened. DS2 wants that to be our new leaving time. 

Woohoo, fingers crossed that is one morning battle that has been resolved. 

Love it. I am like your big one. I’m tempted the next time we need to be somewhere I don’t want to go that I don’t have us all ready with a good margin for traffic . Im

at the stage where I am

willing to risk losing the money and gaining being right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, banyan said:

Love it. I am like your big one. I’m tempted the next time we need to be somewhere I don’t want to go that I don’t have us all ready with a good margin for traffic . Im

at the stage where I am

willing to risk losing the money and gaining being right.

I did it on the school holidays when we went to bounce. I didn't keep harassing to get ready after some rude comments and we got there 20 mins into our hour. Think I was more upset though about the money wasted! Best was we had to park far away and that was prob more motivating for my people who prefer less exercise when possible. 

• Like 1

I’ve been struggling a bit this week so we wagged homeschool today & made the most of the beautiful sunny weather. We ditched screens for the day, got out for a few walks, and DS1 & DS2 played top secret spy games outside together all day which was so funny. There was zero fighting & whinging. Feeling much brighter now 🙂

• Like 5

Channel 9 news is going to be filming the sports report from DD’s football club tonight, and she’s so exciter, thinking she’s going to be on TV.

• Like 2

The puppy didn't wake me up last night screeching to go to the toilet.

She got into some milk a couple of days ago and we have been paying the price - 💩💩 everywhere and multiple night wake ups to go outside. 

But she slept last night! I feel amazeballs

• Like 4

Nassie_girl

i don't know if you can call it happy going to the dentist and getting a tooth removed plus a filling.....

I am having a transplant in 20 days and there are plenty of appts of things you need to have in order before a transplant and the dentist was one of them. As dental work after a transplant is a lot more riskier due to medication (antirejection drugs) you are on that on that lowers your immune system so you are more prone to infections etc...

Well l had an appt last week but had to cancel as l was too sick, l couldn't even get off the couch. Bad thing was that they are fully booked and even had to squeeze this appt in. I felt so bad for cancelling but l just couldn't go in. So l was on a waiting list.

B'c of lockdown the dentist are not allowed to do teeth cleaning job as they are not seen as essential. So a lot of appts had been cancelled. So that meant l could go in... Had a tooth removed and a filling and they did do a clean. 

So l am happy l guess to fit this in before transplant and that today l felt well enough to get thru this appt.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Not So Retro

I got my first Pfizer shot today and this beautiful image was on the wall in the area where you wait before going home. 

20210807_110352.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Sunday’s are my favorite day of the week! Love the chill vibe. I rode for an hour and did a spot of on-line shopping and The Block starts tonight.

Edited by Dusty

Visited my mother for her birthday.  This means I can probably get away without seeing her again until Christmas. Win.

• Like 4

On 17/07/2021 at 11:10 AM, Behind Hazel Eyes said:

Mr4 found his missing comforter.  I was beginning to think it was gone for good.  It was beneath a reclining chair we'd checked thoroughly.  Must have been caught up inside.  He was so happy to find it 😍.  

Isn't it wonderful when that happens!

We found the lost lamb a couple of months ago, also in a reclining chair. 

Child has never been happier.

• Like 2

Advertisement