As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Comfortable all day black ankle boots

charli73

Hi I need to buy black ankle boots for work where I’m on my feet all day. I wanted to ask before I spend money on Frankie 4 boots if there was another brand that might be good. Usually I buy $100 shoe warehouse boots but they don’t last. 
Prefer a low to almost flat heel (back issues)..

thank you 

ETA totally happy to get Frankie 4 boots if they’re worth the extra. I just can’t try on first.

Edited by charli73

nom_de_plume

I was also going to suggest Frankie4. I wear them for an office job. If you're out on a warehouse floor or doing something physical you're probably better off with something else though.

• Like 1

I have some from Diana Ferrari’s super soft that I find more comfy than the Frankie’s they replaced. They often have good sales so maybe have a look?

• Like 1

Josef Seibel

I know everyone raves about Frankie’s but I tired on about six pairs to buy at a local shop that stocks them, and none of them fit very well, I have wide size ten feet.  They were all narrow across the toe.

• Like 4
  • 100 1

Bared are great, they are on par with Frankie’s - I don’t like most of their styles in flats/heels etc  but their boots are lovely 

• Like 1

Depends on how “dressy “ they need to look. I have a pair of rm Williams craftsman boots with the “comfort sole” which are very comfortable but expensive. If I was really on my feet all day in black boots I’d go for a pair of blundstones. I find Rollies look and feel nice but don’t have enough arch support for all day wearing. 

• Like 2

ReadingAlong

I have flat shoes, not boots, from planet shoes for work and find them really comfortable. Myer stock them, as well as other places, so you may be able to try on.
I really can’t buy shoes without trying them on first, my feet are too difficult! 

I typically wear Frankie 4 sneaker style shoes for work and can confirm they're super comfortable.

I have previously worn Planet Shoes boots, but more casually than for work.  They seem a bit hard to find these days.  My 13 year old claimed my knee high boots with a low heel, and will wear them all day without complaint.

My favourite comfy boots are my Dr Martens Jadon Hi boots: https://www.theiconic.com.au/jadon-hi-10-eye-boots-unisex-1294890.html I wear them pretty much all weekend.

It really depends on your foot shape - I have wide feet and also found Frankie 4s a bit narrow. 

But this winter invested in some Diana Ferrari Supersoft boots and they are the most comfy thing I've ever worn! Have worn all day whilst in my feet catering and no problems. And they're quite reasonably priced....probably even on sale now!

• Like 2

I'm going to second spend less. I wear my boots almost every day, and they are so comfy! I teach so I'm on my feet a lot at work wore them for yard duty etc.

My old pair recently finally broke last week so I purchased the newer version of the same style. No heel, I think the style was called 'chilli'? 

I have a narrow foot and struggle to find boots that don't feel loose.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alchetta said:

Rollie!

I'm loving the look of these - I find EVA soles to provide me with the best all day comfort, which this brand provides.

Great topic OP!

• Like 1

I haven't tried them but I saw that skechers have some recently and I want to try them because I used to wear their shoes all day in a standing role with no issues. 

LemonMyrtle
1 minute ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

Scholl online

Homyped

Both do more than old people's shoes, great arch support

Hush Puppies

Clarkes

Hush puppies are very comfy, but in my experience the quality is not there anymore, and even the leather ones don’t last. They get scuffed and worn very quickly. 

• 100 1

Fruitmincepies

I bought Rollies recently, they are very comfortable but I’m going to need to put a more supportive inner sole in them. 

Spidey_Senses

I have some Clarkes which have been really good.  They are leather but a lot of Clarkes arent any more so be careful there. 

Spidey_Senses
40 minutes ago, LemonMyrtle said:

Hush puppies are very comfy, but in my experience the quality is not there anymore, and even the leather ones don’t last. They get scuffed and worn very quickly. 

Same experience, which sucks because they used to be fantastic for my foot shape.  DH also mentioned the mens HP are terrible now. 

Advertisement