IGNORED

Brittany Higgins

Kallie

A great article by Laura tingle.

Why the response to the historical rape allegation against a Minister is so different

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-03/response-historical-rape-allegation-against-minister-different/13208174

On the abc radio news this morning, the cabinet minister’s lawyer spoke about how he hopes we see the humanity of his client etc.

It completely enraged me.

I guess we can’t expect him to start acting decent now, can we.

Louise Milligan tweeted that #CabinetMinister has form. I truly hope the other victims come forward. There may be comfort in knowing they aren’t alone.

I hope some seriously decent journalists are there to ask tough questions.

Sadly they are having to choose.

This is shocking!

https://twitter.com/BethanyinCBR/status/1366876307930243072?s=19

That has to be deliberate.

I would love it if Grace addressed it and named him in her presentation.

The journos went on the attack over the release of the aged care report and presser. I hope they continue.

I guess we can’t expect him to start acting decent now, can we.

Louise Milligan tweeted that #CabinetMinister has form. I truly hope the other victims come forward. There may be comfort in knowing they aren’t alone.

Hmm, yes, my mind hadn't gone that far but I'd imagine it would be unusual for a rape like this to be a one time thing. Possibly not even his first. There were at the very least probably times leading up to this one.

LemonMyrtle

The Chaser has jumped the gun and posted a satirical article about the minister in advance, lol. It doesn’t explicitly say he is accused though, so I think they will get away with it.

LemonMyrtle

Is he for real?

Comparing himself to Shorten?

----

Separately was the Shorten story prior to the #metoo movement?

Yes he was. A nice political slap to the opposition during all this.

I’m not familiar with the shorten case, I guess it is very similar, but a dick move to bring it up. And so scripted!! Some liberal seniors had their hand in that paragraph.

purplekitty

They've been referencing Shorten for days trying to shut down the outrage and discussion.

IIRC Shorten cooperated fully with the police and there were two police investigations.

so has he actually admitted it? I'd like to not have to keep editing the thread :)

If he hasnt, then please dont use names, please use the current trending hashtag of #CabinetMinister ok, so he identified himself as the person but denies it. (of course) https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-03/christian-porter-denies-historical-rape-allegation/13206972

As we are unsure if there will be any further charges and he is currently in a public Office, please be mindful of any speculation that hasnt been reported on.

Why "adult daughter" and not "daughter" when "apologising" to her parents? I know this may seem insignificant, but that was my first thought.

I see Linda Reynolds is front page again. I think they're lining her up to be the official sacrifice. As usual, a woman to pay the price....

I see Linda Reynolds is front page again. I think they're lining her up to be the official sacrifice. As usual, a woman to pay the price....

Have you seen why?

And Scomo just said "she shouldn't have said it, BUT It was in a private office and so therefore shouldn't matter"

So everything that happens behind doors should not come to the public's attention??

Alright then...

Because he doesn't want anyone to consider her a child.

Yup, while he referred to himself as "just a boy". He was older than her, and almost legally a man. He knew better.

This POS makes me fucking sick.

THough you can hardly excuse her actions.

Advertisement