IGNORED

Content Warning - Jarryd Hayne Jailed

Ozgirl

I would think there's a pretty massive difference between rape and sleeping around.

Oh for sure!!

But im just surprised she didnt walk for the sleeping around....

Im hoping the fact he was found guilty and jailed for rape makes her walk.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lurker

• Ozgirl

• Tinsel

• Dadto2

Top Posters In This Topic

Bornagirl

It’s so very easy to criticise people who support perps but unless you have been in that situation, you really don’t get it. It’s never as easy or as straightforward as it looks from the outside - never!

I agree. This is all we know about the person (which is pretty revolting) but the family have a lifetime of mostly positive memories which can't be eradicated by what they see as 'out of character' behaviour, whereas if that's ALL you see, then as far as we're concerned, that IS their character.

It must be absolutely horrific in families which contain both the perp and the victim.

Bornagirl

I would think there's a pretty massive difference between rape and sleeping around.

Oh for sure!!

But im just surprised she didnt walk for the sleeping around....

Im hoping the fact he was found guilty and jailed for rape makes her walk.

I would personally prefer a partner to have 'fallen in love' with someone and have an affair with them, than be with someone who clearly was happy to sleep around despite being in a relationship with me. I'd find it very, very difficult to have sex with them again if they were trying to pass it off as 'it's just sex', but I know it's the opposite for other people.

Seems to me there's a range of reasons people stay in relationships where someone's cheated on them, some I admire, some I don't, but I don't believe I truly understand why some do. I guess that means I just don't understand some people, because they're too different from me.

ArabellaKagical

It's amazing how many rapists and child abusers have their wife/girlfriend with them in court. It's just unfathomable.

Well I'm glad they are there - they can hear the evidence and find out exactly what sort of man they are partnered with. Some will still continue to deny what their DH is but there may be some who will hear enough that even if a not guilty verdict is delivered, they will still know what he is and leave.

You can also support someone close without having to agree with or deny their behaviour.

Anne Bonny

We know quite a few of the whys from the patriarchy thread. Many can't leave without risking poverty. Many footy wives are the age group that have younger children and are out of the workforce. There's no social support structure to catch women leaving assholes. No one actually goes, thankyou for your service givng the patriarchy a black eye, here's an affordable house and a job to pay for it. Society does the exact opposite and allows years of legal harassment, etc

nom_de_plume

Jarrad is ultra relgious, think Israel Folou religious.

Stands to reason, she's religious too. You know the I am the subservient wife to my husband and the pecking order is God- husband- wife?

Plus she has had a child to him ( although out of wedlock, so maybe not so good Christians).

We don't know what happens at home. She could be a victim too.

I'm not defending him in any way, but Hayne is not what i'd describe as ultra religious. He's just your run-of-the-mill happy clapper and joined Hillsong after the World Cup in Fiji in 2008. Sure he's openly Christian, but he's not judgmental and as outspoken about his beliefs a la Folau, who is a member of the same Pentecostal movement as Scummo.

nom_de_plume

How long has he been with his wife for?

Just over 5 years. They got married in January on their 5 year anniversary.

It’s so very easy to criticise people who support perps but unless you have been in that situation, you really don’t get it. It’s never as easy or as straightforward as it looks from the outside - never!

Exactly. Everyone is always wondering why criminals don't get longer sentences, but they should realise that every one of those people has family in their corner pleading for leniency. Exactly like most people would if it was their son or daughter. Their guilt or lack of doesn't make a difference to love.

Very predictably an appeal has been lodged. 😡

I did like this straight forward reporting from the ABC though:

"Convicted sex offender and former NRL star Jarryd Hayne has lodged an appeal one day after being jailed for assaulting a Newcastle woman"

Good to see a spade being called a spade, for once. So often the "convicted rapist" would be glossed over for "disgraced NFL star"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-07/jarryd-hayne-appeals-sexual-assault-jail-sentence/100123230

Dear God this man is an absolute f’ing prize. He was involved in another rape case (civil) in California regarding an incident in 2015.

Dear God this man is an absolute f’ing prize. He was involved in another rape case (civil) in California regarding an incident in 2015.

And that didn't go to court because he paid I off (I think). Leopards and spots...

Marrying someone in the middle of their rape trial is a very odd move.

[mention]Lesley225[/mention] from thé SMH

Started off with *fkn dogs*, then

*To all Haynsy’s family and friends stay strong for him and let God do he’s thing I love you all … God always prevails,” Williams posted.

“Before I let this be just want to congratulate the victim and the so called justice system you’ve sent an innocent brotherly to jail away from he’s kids you bunch of flops … that’s all respectively”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/hayne-s-former-teammate-sacked-after-supportive-post-20210507-p57pux.html

Charming..

Still actions have consequences, and that’s a lesson needs learning.

Edited by Antifa

LunaFreya

There are women who idealise and crush on serial killers...

May have been genuine, but smacks of trying to put on an 'honourable family man' front to me - she doesn't believe he's guilty or she wouldn't have married him yada, yada, yada...

@Lesley225 from thé SMH

Started off with *fkn dogs*, then

*To all Haynsy’s family and friends stay strong for him and let God do he’s thing I love you all … God always prevails,” Williams posted.

“Before I let this be just want to congratulate the victim and the so called justice system you’ve sent an innocent brotherly to jail away from he’s kids you bunch of flops … that’s all respectively”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/hayne-s-former-teammate-sacked-after-supportive-post-20210507-p57pux.html

Charming..

Still actions have consequences, and that’s a lesson needs learning.

LOL Dipshit was only signed last week and hasn't played a single game for NYF. Burn arsehole.

Note to Williams: When your father's a rapist, best he stay away from his kids. Court has done them a favour.

Advertisement