IGNORED

Content warning- Tullamarine family murder

Pooks

Devastating news that a mother and her three young children have been found dead in their Tullamarine home. Police have been at pains to implore media not to make conclusions that their father was necessarily responsible, as there’s not a known history of DV and with the possibility of murder-suicide not yet ruled out, although they apparently are not concerned about anyone else being involved. This is why I am not describing this as DV although I will change that as reporting changes.

I grew up in and now live in north-west Melbourne and am completely devastated by this horrific news. I am so sorry, precious babies, that we couldn’t keep you safe.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Pooks

• Bornagirl

• magic_marker

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I jumped to the conclusion that a man was responsible. It’s not any better to learn that its possible the woman was though. I have been doing some research on familicide (when an offender murders their family) and familicide-suicide. It’s morbid and disturbing reading but raises many questions about preventative measures and opportunities to intervene being missed. Poor kids. :(

The finale line of this article is chilling.

Suspect many many DV families are quiet...

It involved the whole family but the man survived?

I’m furious. I know I shouldn’t be but this article has too many red flags.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/police-investigate-after-four-found-dead-at-tullamarine-property-20210114-p56u52.html

They don’t want to risk the investigation or prosecutions. It does make sense.

I worry about the fact that they can’t reveal the nature of the injuries.

Fruitmincepies

I have to admit I jumped to the conclusion that a man was responsible. It’s not any better to learn that its possible the woman was though. I have been doing some research on familicide (when an offender murders their family) and familicide-suicide. It’s morbid and disturbing reading but raises many questions about preventative measures and opportunities to intervene being missed. Poor kids. :(

It is so important that the area is studied. I know someone who murdered their children and then committed suicide and as my kids grow the horror of the case grows and grows.

The father has apparently been cleared of involvement. It’s just so sad.

I can see that he was released without charge; can't read the rest though as the herald scum has a paywall. Has he actually been cleared? Or just not charged (yet)?

I'm not surprised. Reporters often know more than they're able to say. Two of the three news sites I read had changed their support links to only places like Lifeline and Beyond Blue. I couldn't imagine that happening without good reason.

I've also remembered that in other cases where the man has been involved, they have been careful to show (together) only the pictures of those whose lives have been taken.

Poor man, imagine coming across that.

Advertisement