IGNORED

Target Stores Closures List

Tinsel

Kmart success has basically cannibalised the Target market (yes, I noticed the pun).

I agree with a lot of the PPs have said above. I really feel for rural areas that will now be without a department store. Online shopping has had increasing trends, accelerated by Covid, but there are so many people who don't/can't shop online or who want to actually see an item in person :(

I kind of liken this to businesses who dont get with the times and build an online presence, they die and close most times

Times change, how things are done change and now many shop online with few issues, its no wonder some business will respond by closing slow stores and shifting online.

Why keep a shop open with huge overheads for the minority who want to only go in store.

This is the exact reason that I only ever shop online when this no other option. If I can get it in store, for roughly the same price, I will, even if it means travelling a few suburbs over (and I don’t drive).

It’s the same reason that I refuse to use self-serve checkouts. As someone who ran the front end of one of Sydney’s busiest supermarkets for a number of years, I’m not afraid of them, but refuse to use self-serve as if self-serve becomes the only option, where are our kids going to get jobs. Yeah, there are a few extras employed to pick the online orders, but not as many jobs and they don’t get the people skills, money skills, etc.

Not judging others, it’s just something that I personally am determined to do, but will probably make little difference anyway.

Sorry! Off topic, but it’s something that I feel strongly about.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lesley225

• Ozgirl

• Bornagirl

• Seayork2002

Top Posters In This Topic

I like online shopping but don't think that shoes and clothes work online. I think about 10-20% fit when trying on in person so I'm not going to be very successful online.

And BECZ i totally agree.

We’ve got a target country, best and less and a big w.

Best and less has clothed my boys for the past several years. They have really improved the quality of the t-shirts.

Our big w only seems to stock branded licensed stuff- and stuff my kids weren’t actually into.

Target used to be my go to, they’ve had some decent stuff but recently not so much. It’s going to be converted to a Kmart soon.

I do all my clothes shopping online. There’s not a lot I like here.