IGNORED

WA fire support thread

Darryl

This is the emergency map link for Western Australia:

https://www.emergency.wa.gov.au/#map/warning/bew_405071475

Bushfire Emergency Warning - in parts of THE VINES, BAILUP, ELLENBROOK, GIDGEGANNUP, MILLENDON, WALYUNGA NATIONAL PARK, UPPER SWAN, AVELEY, HENLEY BROOK, AVON VALLEY NATIONAL PARK, RED HILL, BELHUS, BASKERVILLE, HERNE HILL, BULLSBROOK, WOOROLOO, BRIGADOON in the SHIRES OF MUNDARING, CHITTERING and NORTHAM and the CITY OF SWAN

Firefighters are expecting strong southerly winds to push the fire north/northeast today.

People in the Shady Hills Estate area need to keep up to date and enact their bushfire plan early.

A meeting for evacuees only will be held today at 1pm at Brown Park, Swan View.

The general community is urged not to attend to minimise COVID-19 risks.

An update will be posted for the general community on the DFES Facebook page.

Take note of updated warning areas and refer to the alert mapping for more defined warning boundaries.

Important: You need to protect yourself and your family from the immediate danger of the bushfire first and foremost.

Whether you are in lockdown or have been personally directed to quarantine for COVID-19, you must do whatever you need to do to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.

7:52AM 03/02/2021

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NannyPlum

• Darryl

• Fruitmincepies

• Bornagirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Fruitmincepies

Thanks [mention]Mister Mum[/mention]

There isn’t much wind at the moment and I’m really hoping it’s helping the firefighters. I’m a long way from the fires, but (I reckon) everyone in Perth knows someone who lives in the area.

This is the road my parent's house is on in wooroloo.

We think that this might be just about out the front of their house.

The firies saved the house. The front paddocks were burnt and thankfully due to extensive clearing due to renovations, means it never made it up the driveway.

ETA trigger and language warning x

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKxkMH6jGNl/?igshid=ydzxzsm9h85e

You wouldn't believe it. There's now a fire down near me. I'm just in the watch and act zone.

Could you imagine having to evacuate twice in one week from two different fires?!

I think you may live near me NannyPlum - there have been two fires nearby in the last 24 or so hours. Worst timing, the firies don’t need the extra work.

Hope you’re able to stay put! What are the chances?!

Advertisement