As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Brittany Higgins

Kallie

Scotty is like Teflon!! Nothing sticks and his rating just keeps going up for fuck knows why... what kind of dumbarse do you have to be to think this bloke has done any kind of decent job.

Why? It's because of Murdoch. If he was Labor there would be wall to wall pressure from the media for him to resign

Scotty is like Teflon!! Nothing sticks and his rating just keeps going up for fuck knows why... what kind of dumbarse do you have to be to think this bloke has done any kind of decent job.

Why? It's because of Murdoch. If he was Labor there would be wall to wall pressure from the media for him to resign

Exactly, I try to explain this to people, but they don’t believe it’s as bad as it is, or that people are as gullible as that, but, it’s true.

Morrison isn’t PM cause he is some great leader people look up to. He is PM because he is malleable, and somewhat presentable, and is a white male. That’s all they need. The rest is sorted out by corrupt deals, political donations, Favours, and the Murdoch press.

Not just the Murdoch press. Amanda Vanstone was truly vile in the Sydney Morning Herald this morning

https://www.smh.com.au/national/linda-reynolds-doesn-t-deserve-criticism-her-response-to-higgins-rape-claim-was-textbook-20210221-p574dd.html

Victim blaming because she drunk too much, and "what do you expect putting young people together".

The raging hormones defence makes ad appearance.

Next we'll be hearing about 'blue balls'.

One of the trickiest aspects of rape cases is the question of consent. Understandably defence lawyers focus on that issue. Lawyers who have acted for both the prosecution and defence will assure you of something you already know: when two people go out and drink too much, the mental capacity of both can be impaired but the hormones can be raging. Just as Prime Minister Scott Morrison reflects on “what if this was one of my daughters”, so many mothers are reflecting on “what if this was my son”. They would be thinking, “I hope someone listens to his side of the story”.

My children have heard a bit in the news at their dad’s so my son asked me what was happening. I explained to him that a man had decided to have sex with a woman when she was too drunk to agree with it. I explained the lesson for him is that when he is a grown up and wants to have sex with someone else he must make sure neither he nor the other person are drunk - they must be able to understand what they’re about to do..

So in fact of this was my son I would not be thinking I hope someone hears his side - I’d be really upset he decided to have sex with some too drunk to consent.

rewritethestars

This whole thing makes me feel so sick and triggers memories of my own abuse while vulnerable. I am angry and so frustrated. Those women are so brave coming forward and it is disgusting that women are *still* dealing with victim blaming, disbelief and cover up/pass the buck crap in this day and age. Some of the comments I have seen on Twitter (including from women) are beyond belief.

As for the article this morning about the (alleged) perp being in a private facility after being stood down..who cares! He deserves not one iota of air time at all.

I hope Brittany Higgins and the other women have good supports in place because from experience it isn’t the abuse that does the most damage, it’s people blaming you, refusing to believe you, gaslighting you and standing by the perp that messes you up the most. Having that happen in the public eye would be worst of all.

This whole thing makes me feel so sick and triggers memories of my own abuse while vulnerable. I am angry and so frustrated. Those women are so brave coming forward and it is disgusting that women are *still* dealing with victim blaming, disbelief and cover up/pass the buck crap in this day and age. Some of the comments I have seen on Twitter (including from women) are beyond belief.

As for the article this morning about the (alleged) perp being in a private facility after being stood down..who cares! He deserves not one iota of air time at all.

I hope Brittany Higgins and the other women have good supports in place because from experience it isn’t the abuse that does the most damage, it’s people blaming you, refusing to believe you, gaslighting you and standing by the perp that messes you up the most. Having that happen in the public eye would be worst of all.

I saw that article this morning and I gotta admit I got super curious - who is this guy???

I know he can't be named here, but has he been named outside of the mainstream? I'm curious where he works, this 'large corporation', and if he continued his behaviour, if he was named would we find more women and did the 'large corporation' handle it any differently?

Isn’t tracking him down and doxxing him going to mean that he’ll get away with it because a fair trial won’t be possible?

It’s irrelevant, she is known and details of the crime is known.

Nobody is going to be sitting on that jury thinking this is about some other time Brittany Higgins was raped.

Isn’t tracking him down and doxxing him going to mean that he’ll get away with it because a fair trial won’t be possible?

It’s irrelevant, she is known and details of the crime is known.

Nobody is going to be sitting on that jury thinking this is about some other time Brittany Higgins was raped.

I've been pondering this one myself - unless they have been overseas or never listen to the news any juror will recognise the case even with any name being mentioned.

But there could be another case that none of us know about (either already existing or that the police hope come forward) and he could be tried and the jury would be none the wiser. But if his name and picture are published widely then any chance of that is gone?

EFS

Advertisement