IGNORED

Brittany Higgins

Kallie

And listening to the whole speech, how did he not know women felt unsafe in the community and walked home with keys in hand.

Where has he been hiding??

And listening to the whole speech, how did he not know women felt unsafe in the community and walked home with keys in hand.

Where has he been hiding??

Under a rock? I had a disturbing conversation yesterday with an older man regarding Eurydice Dixon where he was arguing that a woman walking through a park at 1 am was unwise and should be changing her behaviour because we live in an evil world. He could not see how this was victim-blaming. This is a genuinely good man who I do respect but still, too many men are unaware of the manner in which women have to change their behaviour. After a good period of time, I questioned what his first response is when hearing of a woman assaulted in the manner of Eurydice. He acknowledged that the initial response is to ask 'what was she doing there' and conceded that this focussed attention on the wrong person, but could still not see it as victim-blaming. Too many men are oblivious and incapable of actually understanding the experience of women.

This interview with Minister Karen Andrews throws some light on the culture women face in parliament. I admit her description of being excluded by the men gave me flashbacks to one of my old working environments. Boys school types who would stop talking when I walked in the room. Deals done on golf courses, in pubs...places I wasn't invited. I found this very triggering as it was a terrible time for me.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-24/ditch-the-witch-parliament-house-sexism-changes/100022994

Oh my god. Tasmania, what are you doing down there? Get rid of this man.

https://www.facebook.com/100044270534418/posts/289744795844536/?d=n

Also answers a few questions regarding the actions of the female security guard...

"I asked senator Abetz why the security guards hadn’t stepped in knowing how drunk she appeared to be.

He responded abruptly that if any security member dared to question the validity of access to the parliament by anyone who held a security pass, they would be sacked."

Jane Jetson

Thanks LF for sharing that.

I've been stewing on Abetz all fucking day. Yeah obviously I've been increasingly pissed off about the entire thing but today Abetz' words have just sent me into a towering rage which frankly is making it hard to get any bloody work done.

The fucking *subtext* in that (let alone what he actually said)! Assuming that every woman who's drunk is always DTF for a start, indiscriminately. As Hickey said, there's never any consideration for the idea that women aren't "sleeping" (hah!) with their rapists voluntarily, is there? Nope nope, all s1uts who exist for men's entertainment, or wifies who exist for their enrichment.

But then there's his response. Basically, "Oh yeah, Hickey's lying too". Yeah we all know that's what women do, don't they? And look at him supremely confident that he'll be believed because he's a man and we all know women lie. Constantly and egregiously.

Jesus fucking Christ. Why don't they just come out and say it? It'd at least be honest. "Yeah, you're subhuman and you shouldn't be in my Man's Workplace unless you're making me tea and giving me a BJ. If you don't like that, get back to being bangmaids and baby factories where you belong." Come on Abetz and co, just own up.

Bastards.

Okay, now to work out what in my profanity-studded diatribe is giving me the 403. Let's have a guess or two. Edited: all right, some initialisations did it.

I've just had someone suggest that Sue Hickey asking Abetz to confirm to her if the person being accused of historical rape was CP that it could be used as evidence against the ABC that people were working out who he was beforehand. I have to say I had no idea till pretty much the government confirmed it. In fact I was starting to think it was Mr PotatoHead.

I've just had someone suggest that Sue Hickey asking Abetz to confirm to her if the person being accused of historical rape was CP that it could be used as evidence against the ABC that people were working out who he was beforehand. I have to say I had no idea till pretty much the government confirmed it. In fact I was starting to think it was Mr PotatoHead.

I think a lot of people in parliament "knew" who it was because they asked who is the person most likely to....

which raises the question - if the rumours were swirling around parliament before the ABC report - then does that make a finding of defamation more or less likely?

Honestly that was my assumption too, I also assume the reason Porter had to come out and make his statement when he did was because every other male cabinet member was fed up with living under a cloud of suspicion.

"I would say to her, would I be right in saying that I feel that you'll never be that silly again?" he said.

"Have you learned your lesson? “

He says ^^^

And yet....

‘ In 2016 he lost his licence for being drunk behind the wheel and last year he was again charged with drink driving’

"I would say to her, would I be right in saying that I feel that you'll never be that silly again?" he said.

"Have you learned your lesson? “

He says ^^^

And yet....

‘ In 2016 he lost his licence for being drunk behind the wheel and last year he was again charged with drink driving’

Oh I know! The irony is strong with this one! Completely lost on him though.

• 4 months later...

The Channel 10 news didn't name either of them but showed video footage of her at rallies etc, with her face blurred. 

As if we don't know exactly who it is?! They did do a few warnings of not mentioning names etc anywhere so the outcome isn't affected so maybe this thread needs the name removed. 

rewritethestars

The Age has just splashed his name all over the place. Jeopardised a fair trial and chance at justice for her . *angry*

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Angry 3

6 minutes ago, rewritethestars said:

The Age has just splashed his name all over the place. Jeopardised a fair trial and chance at justice for her . *angry*

That is diabolical 🤬

Advertisement