IGNORED

Brittany Higgins

Kallie

Does he seriously expect people to

A. Believe he didn't know, or

B. Absolve him of responsibility for not knowing? Like if he didn't know he's failing at his job anyway, right?

FB-IMG-1613718613321.jpg

Exactly RP. While for most women this is one hundred fold worse than all the stuff that’s gone before he will absolutely believe that he can sail above it like everything else.

Why wouldn’t he we re-elected them?

Edited by Murderino

I agree, it looks very dodgy.

However - we need an opposition that is more visible and as much as he may be a great guy, unless there appears to be an alternative people will vote for what is happening in their electorate or state and Scummo will be only a minor factor.

I really think that there needs to be agitation enough to get the LNP to contemplate their alternatives also - which is a frying pan/fire situation.

We have a SERIAL RAPIST working in Parliament House.

Stupid how he can’t be named.

The poor dear is in hospital though, so we should all feel sorry for him 🤮

Those security guards have alot to answer for. They allowed that to happen and did nothing.

As a nation, we need to be a lot more serious about teaching sex education and consensual relationships to young people.

Now it turns our that elected officials cannot even get their staff to behave in their own electoral offices:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-19/craig-kelly-staff-frank-zumbo-inappropriate-behaviour-allegation/13173254

It is important that the alleged offender is not named. Brittany is seeking to institute criminal proceedings and there needs to be a fair trial.

This is just an extension of the way Julia Gillard was treated when she was in the role of Prime Minister. It is critical that women participate in government. It comes down to all male politicians and staffers setting the tone.

I would be delighted if the PM could be vehement on any issue, let alone this one. He's playing by the Boris Johnson rule book, all bluster, no action on anything. :roll:

Thankfully he doesn't work there now. he was dismissed due to the security breach when he took Brittany into the Minister's office. That was back in 2019.

I mean, how often do we think this kind of thing is truly a once off?

I’m pleased that the tide is turning with victims being believed, it’s too late for too many... but it’s pleasing to see.

The poor dear is in hospital though, so we should all feel sorry for him 🤮

Those security guards have alot to answer for. They allowed that to happen and did nothing.

Who is in hospital? Do people know who he is? Won’t be long before the name gets out, I would imagine.

Did anyone see Christian hull post on Facebook? Here is a link. The reporting of all this has indeed been pretty terrible.

https://www.facebook.com/529469397210069/posts/1835685489921780/?d=n

A third woman has come forward accusing the same man of raping her

I wonder how many more there’s going to be? Potentially this alleged rapist has been in Canberra for a while, so this could go back decades.

Yes, fired because of a “security breach”?? BS to that, they fired him cause they knew what had happened and it wasn’t the first time.

I wonder how many more there’s going to be? Potentially this alleged rapist has been in Canberra for a while, so this could go back decades.

Yes, fired because of a “security breach”?? BS to that, they fired him cause they knew what had happened and it wasn’t the first time.

They were talking about this on 774 this morning; apparently it was handled as a political issue and tried to be kept hidden lest it interfere with the election.

Sad thing is, this probably won’t even affect the Liberal voter base, and will probably not affect any election in the future. As our own PM has shown, this is a womans issue, so it mustn’t be important, nothing to do with the job at hand. (Sarcasm font)

And Murdoch press will bury it quickly or they will continue the victim blaming until poor Ms Higgins is the one in the wrong, not the perpetrator.

They were talking about this on 774 this morning; apparently it was handled as a political issue and tried to be kept hidden lest it interfere with the election.

Sad thing is, this probably won’t even affect the Liberal voter base, and will probably not affect any election in the future. As our own PM has shown, this is a womans issue, so it mustn’t be important, nothing to do with the job at hand. (Sarcasm font)

And Murdoch press will bury it quickly or they will continue the victim blaming until poor Ms Higgins is the one in the wrong, not the perpetrator.

Not just the Murdoch press. Amanda Vanstone was truly vile in the Sydney Morning Herald this morning

https://www.smh.com.au/national/linda-reynolds-doesn-t-deserve-criticism-her-response-to-higgins-rape-claim-was-textbook-20210221-p574dd.html

Victim blaming because she drunk too much, and "what do you expect putting young people together".

Advertisement