As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Meghan Markle miscarriage

Jolly_F

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jolly_F

• Ozgirl

• YodaTheWrinkledOne

• Lesley225

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people not like her?

That is the big question.

I don’t know her. They seem like a happy couple together.

I think no matter what she does she gets hammered for.

You can want to keep somethings private and not be stalked by the paps but also recognise that you have a public profile and use it to speak out on issues that are key.

She is seen as the ruination of the Royal Family so I believe those who do not like her are royalists who think she has led Harry astray. I see her as being the one who has seen his desire to break free and supported him.

She is also bi racial, she is a divorcee, she is American and she is an actress. She is deemed to be 'classless'.

To be honest the people who complain she has taken him away from the royals really are not tuned into Harry at all.

PocketMacrophobia

She is seen as the ruination of the Royal Family so I believe those who do not like her are royalists who think she has led Harry astray. I see her as being the one who has seen his desire to break free and supported him.

She is also bi racial, she is a divorcee, she is American and she is an actress. She is deemed to be 'classless'.

To be honest the people who complain she has taken him away from the royals really are not tuned into Harry at all.

Yes, this. Rarely hear anything about Andrew and his actions from the people who complain about Meaghan for putting her hand on her bump too much... At least not the people I know.

• 2 weeks later...

I really disliked her character on suits. I initially had to make a conscious effort to remember she was not Rachel Zane.

I don't hate her. There are snippets where I feel genuinely sorry for her (the family stuff, when she was struggling with pnd and the miscarriage). I found her stomach holding endearing and can't believe people got caught up in that. I sincerely hope she and Harry are happy. But for the most part I feel like I'm seeing someone perform, where every move has been carefully rehearsed. That makes it hard for me to warm to her the way I have to some famous people, including Harry, William and Kate. I miss seeing those three laughing together and feel sad that their families aren't going to grow up in close contact like I guess I had pictured they would. Especially given some of the things Harry has said in the past about Kate and when George (?) was born.

I do believe that the people they have chosen to surround themselves with and who form their decision making team, either do not have their best interests at heart, are incredibly naive or maybe Harry and Meghan's intentions are not quite as their public statements have seemed. Because some of their decisions so far have just been :wtf:

*and yes I'm aware I don't know them but I'm a sucker for people and get very invested in a superficial way. If you think this is sad, you should see me all misty eyed at a Bachelor/ette finale.

But for the most part I feel like I'm seeing someone perform, where every move has been carefully rehearsed. That makes it hard for me to warm to her ...

Her family is just so awful you do feel sorry for what she has to deal with.

But everything she does seems to be about *her* rather than for others.

• 2 weeks later...
Spidey_Senses

I think she was seen as not towing the royal line, not behaving in the correct way. I dont mind her. I feel sorry for anyone who loses a wanted pregnancy.

I don't dislike her but I'm not that interested in her either. She said she didn't want the media attention and I'm happy not to give her much of mine.

Same. I'm neither here or there, I don't have much interest, but for people that don't want much media , they're still certainly putting themselves out there.

I don't read anything or click on anything to do with them, lost interest well before anything this year.

But I do feel sorry for her with that family. I would have wanted to move to the other side of the world as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a headline that they've quit social media? Didn't want to click it as it was a site I don't want to give clicks to but dammit now my curiosity has been piqued.

Saw a headline that they've quit social media? Didn't want to click it as it was a site I don't want to give clicks to but dammit now my curiosity has been piqued.

Yes apparently they have, mentioned in two recent magazine interviews, one by Harry, the other Meghan. They haven't reinstated Instagram after they couldn't use SussexRoyal, and have no FB or Twitter.

YodaTheWrinkledOne

The thing is, Harry has never seemed to particularly enamoured with the royal job of being a ribbon-cutter. He can do it, and he has done it, but he's always seemed to me like he wanted something more from his life,because he knew he was not going to take the throne. But it was easy enough to follow the "party line". His 'relevance' for the throne became less and less of an issue as William and Kate went on to have three children. It is highly unlikely that Harry will ever need to worry about inheriting the throne and therefore, his options for what he wants to do are far more open than what is available to William. And, because he certainly don't come across as stupid, he realised he could consciously choose to live a different life. Meeting Megan probably consolidated that view. And they decided they wanted a different kind of life. I think it must have been quite difficult for them to make the decision to break away from tradition. But really, there are plenty of "senior royals" to do the job and it's not like they are banished. Really, there is not that much difference between him and Zara/Peter/Louise/James, and no-one expects them to be full-time ribbon-cutters. Harry will still be there for the big family events, like trooping of the colours for his Gran's birthday, etc.

I get the feeling that the media has beat up the "separation" into a much bigger thing than it really is for the actual family.

I feel devastated for anyone who has had a miscarriage, including Megan. Such a rough thing to go through, heartbreaking.

I agree he should just go the Zara and Peter route. Doing that shouldn't mean having nothing to do with his family.

I think the press have made it more than it is. However he does seem to have wanted to be both and on his own terms when he felt like it.

Not sure he's quite got the i'm independent i have to make my own way and not just trade on being a prince - getting a real job.

It can't be that easy remember he went from Nanny, boarding school and army. And we'll organise your time royal household. So he hasn't had that much experience living out there in real life. I think they should have thought through of all of this before marrying and starting as they mean to go on.

Advertisement