IGNORED

George Floyd trial verdict on it's way

VictorineTheCatLover

VictorineTheCatLover

The jury has reached a verdict...

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/verdict-reached-in-george-floyd-trial-derek-chauvin-accused-of-murder/news-story/24230b400d403612352e643a5cf34d4a

I will say I do not envy those jurors. They will be forever the topic of conversation regardless of the decision they come to.

Edited by VictorineTheCatLover

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bad Cat

• VictorineTheCatLover

• Andi

• Antifa

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so nervous it would be not guilty. The riots if that had happened would be insane.

Cautiously happy though that he was found guilty. Expecting a swift appeal from his lawyers though.

MIL just said to me that they had to find him guilty or there'd be violence. I said well they had to find him guilty because there's actual video footage of him doing it 🤷

humblebumble

MIL just said to me that they had to find him guilty or there'd be violence. I said well they had to find him guilty because there's actual video footage of him doing it 🤷

I saw a similar comment on FB this morning! The comment is correct & they'd be hard strapped to find a completely unbiased jury, but at the end of the day the evidence spoke for itself & if he was found not guilty you would expect another riot & it would be understandable!

This guy was clearly guilty from the beginning. Nothing Floyd did, either before the arrest or after, warranted such excessive force. They could have just sat him on a corner in cuffs and waited for a bigger transportation vehicle to put him in.

I saw a similar comment on FB this morning! The comment is correct & they'd be hard strapped to find a completely unbiased jury, but at the end of the day the evidence spoke for itself & if he was found not guilty you would expect another riot & it would be understandable!

Yep while she was correct, it kind of makes it sound like that's the reason for the guilty verdict, those damned protesters 🙄

This guy was clearly guilty from the beginning. Nothing Floyd did, either before the arrest or after, warranted such excessive force. They could have just sat him on a corner in cuffs and waited for a bigger transportation vehicle to put him in.

And that’s probably what they’d have done had he been white.

A man was killed in broad daylight, in front of witnesses and on camera. They had to have a 4 week trial to call it murder, and then everyone is 'relieved' that the perpetrator is found guilty.

Race relations still have a LONG way to go in the USA.

Race relations have a long way to go here too.

Over 470 indigenous deaths in custody since the Royal Commission in 1991 and they barely even make news, let alone raise protests.

5 people killed in custody in 6 weeks here and not even an hour after the Chauvin verdict another one in Ohio over there. A fifteen year old girl who had called them for help because she'd armed herself with a knife to protect herself. bleargh. Not. Even. One. Day.

Can someone who is more legally minded than me explain how you can be found guilty of 3rd degree murder, 2nd degree murder and manslaughter? I thought it was one or the other.

Advertisement